Chaosforge Forum

• April 18, 2024, 07:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: On some ideas etc.  (Read 6354 times)

RepoRipper

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
On some ideas etc.
« on: June 26, 2008, 00:23 »

just beat the game, suggestions:

1. more than 2 Heavy Weapon armors, i hadn't even heard of power armor (though i cleared ALL of the military tower looking), but having a RARE armor thats awesome, and a worthless armor, be the ONLY ones to allow u to carry heavy weapons is STUPID. we need an intermediary heavy armor. my idea makes Power Armor color Red (i've never seen, so i don't know current, but red is good for important stuff), and add in Combat Armor, color Blue, heavy armor, armor value of 2, same rarity as Plasteel, think of a powered non-military armor (like futuristic riot gear)...

2. .44 ammo and weapon need to be colored, too hard to tell whether its .44 or plain 9mm junk

3. Technical Master ability needs to be, not "almost" instant reload, but actually instant reload.

4. RPG's are supposed to HURT!! not just you, but even a near miss should hurt those aliens, no matter HOW tough they are.... and HOW does even an ELITE take a DIRECT hit from an RPG... and walk away, UNTOUCHED????? if thats supposed to represent dodging, THE ROCKET SHOULD GO PAST HIM!! also, how many heavy weapons are there, i only KNOW of two, the RPG, and whatever uses M250 ammo. (i think thats the minigun...)

5. Scouts should have a Technical specialty, not Fitness. when your a scout, you learn how to handle your weapons at a moments notice. so u should be able to reload quickly. plus, its the ONLY way anyones ever going to WANT the Sawed-Off Shotgun... master sidearm and master technical, for instant reloading of every shot, and more damage than the 12. gauge (primary) shotgun can ever do.

6. needs another primary weapon for more variety... and i have one for you. its an old weapon called a Shredder. its basically just a wide barrel, firing multiple bullets... basically a shotgun for bullets. it can use the .44 ammo, has a tight spray pattern... and has the colt's armor peircing capabilities... BUT, its even MORE innacurate than the shotguns, because its slim fire arc is hard to point... its like a cheap slingshot in that respect. basically, without primary weapons training, this gun will only hit at point blank. also, because the bullets peirce, there is no knockback... ie shoot a lot and hope it dies before it gets to you, because this thing WON't push it back.

Sachiko

• Sergeant
  • I hunt down Cheat-modders and collect their skulls
    • View Profile
Re: On some ideas etc.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 08:35 »

1. The idea of adding a middle term Heavy Weapon Armor is actually nice. Would help making the game less hell.

2. Well... Have you tried entering look mode to check which is which?

3. Instant Reload? Come on! No matter how fast you can reload! You will always spend a little time changing the clips! And those beasts are supposed to be really FAST, anyways.

4. Yeah, RPGs are supposed to hurt... And I agree that the blast radius should probably do a bit more damage. But the Elite/Praetorian surviving a direct hit is actually not as insane as you think. Those guys are EXTREMELY HEAVILY ARMORED, you know.

5. Well, scouts are mostly used to quick movement and retreat, as they have to run quickly to explore the surroundings, then reporting back to the superior. In this game, the scout is based on quick movements. If you want fast reload, you shall pick the technician.

6. Nice try... But, what does Turok have to do with Aliens?
If you ever use cheat-mode, I'll go for you and kill you while you sleep.

RepoRipper

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 16:02 »

2. thats not the point, i should be able to recognize it on sight pretty easily. there are plenty of unused colors.

3. true. and the version file says the current technical skill abilities are temporary anyway.

4. i dont care how heavy your armor is, you cant take a DIRECT HIT from an RPG and come out "UNHURT"!!! which happpend 75% of the time!!!! a freaking TANK cant take an rpg unscathed, a freaking alien is NOT as heavily armored as a TANK...

5. i know that, but scouts should have a lesser boost to tech instead of something else.... and i forgot what the scouts 2 lesser specialties were lol.....

6. LOL!!! well... uve never played Turok 2... JK! but no, i wasn't thinking of turok when i came up with this gun, its actually a direct take from my PS2 copy of Fallout : Brotherhood Of Steel. one of the last weapons you can find is the Shredder, it uses the bigger sized bullet, the ones that have fewer weapons for them, and it does HELLA damage, as well as firing hella fast. i.e. ammo pit weapon. but its more powerful overall than any weapon in the game except the Nuke, and thats a trap you have to place (or throw), and when i tred to place the nuke as a trap during final boss, it immediately blew up in my face. sending my body ragdolling to the other end of the room, and completely missing the boss. shit. and its damage is so one-time, Plasma Rifles are better..... but it's an age-old weapon, its just a big barreled gun that fires a lot of regular bullets, at once, making it a bullet shotgun.but bullets can peirce, so they do a lot more damage.

Sachiko

• Sergeant
  • I hunt down Cheat-modders and collect their skulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 16:34 »

Oops! Sorry for misunderstanding your complain on the Elite/Praetorian. I thought you meant it was, simply, capable of surviving a direct RPG hit, but still took damage, instead of being completely unscathed. If it goes out of it without taking a single wound, then it is obvious you have encountered a nasty glitch.
If you ever use cheat-mode, I'll go for you and kill you while you sleep.

bfg9001

• Elder
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 18:07 »

Don't like #6, doesn't fit into the "Aliens" universe very well.

RepoRipper

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 01:29 »

actually it does. they have a minigun, a pulse rifle, a shotgun, a magnum, the Shredder isn't far off. its sorta a cross between an SMG and an Assault Shotgun.

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 03:56 »

4. i dont care how heavy your armor is, you cant take a DIRECT HIT from an RPG and come out "UNHURT"!!! which happpend 75% of the time!!!! a freaking TANK cant take an rpg unscathed, a freaking alien is NOT as heavily armored as a TANK...

You can think of it as about RPG that uses antipersonnel fragmentation grenades. They don't have much piercing ability.)
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11

RepoRipper

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 05:26 »

Blade. if you are a tank and you get hit by anything explosive propelled by a rocket, your going to take noticiable damage from a direct hit. period. "piercing ability" has nothing to do with it.

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 06:06 »

I'm not an expert, but I can say that certain types of tank armour protects almost fully from certain types of explosives. Also, OG-7V is not a rocket-propelled grenade.

But, well, that's not the point. I agree, RPG really should penetrate aliens armour.
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11

bfg9001

• Elder
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 12:45 »

Blade. if you are a tank and you get hit by anything explosive propelled by a rocket, your going to take noticiable damage from a direct hit. period. "piercing ability" has nothing to do with it.

Not necessarily. Piercing ability has a lot to do with it. Trying to take on a modern tank with a WWII era bazooka or rocket-launcher or something would be very ineffective because the tanks they were trying to take down had thinner, not as complex armor and thus, the need for a more powerful projectile wasn't required.

A modern RPG or other anti-tank weapon defeats armor not simply by exploding, but rather by focusing all of its explosive energy into a single "jet" (or stream) that will penetrate the armor, heat up the inside of the vehicle, and kill the crew inside by the heat alone or by detonating the munitions inside.

Hope that helped.

EDIT: And this is probably a minor point, but the idea of a "bullet" shotgun seems rather unrealistic. The firing mechanism would be insanely complicated (firing 10 or so individual bullets at the same time? not likely), the weapon would be very heavy, and ejecting the spent casings would be a problem.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 12:48 by bfg9001 »

RepoRipper

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 00:30 »

bfg, i wasnt talking about a WW2 era RPG, i was talking about not even a modern, but a futuristic RPG, as the one in this game would be.

as to the Shredder, it seems to be not so much a shotgun as a mass driver, its just that the effect is similar to what you would think a "bullet shotgun" would do. and there is the fact that its not simply a mass driver, of course.

bfg9001

• Elder
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 12:42 »

I wasn't trying to be specific, I'm just saying that most RPGs work on the same principle.
Pages: [1]