Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 08:17
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: I realy like this idea  (Read 14743 times)

Darkwaterotter

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
I realy like this idea
« on: June 30, 2008, 18:58 »

me and my bro were looking for a diablo Rouge Like and i found this im impressed with the game play however im curios to know if this like most RLs is going to be harder than the actual game itself
i mean diablo one is hard enough by its self

rekenne

• Elder
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: I realy like this idea
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 22:01 »

Yep. That's the point of Rogue Likes, to be damned difficult.

Luksa

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 02:32 »

Ehm. What's difficult about Diablo? You just lvl up, beat up monsters, sometimes you die... if you play Hardcore, then yeah - that's difficult.

Darkwaterotter

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 22:26 »

Diablo one, is damn near impossible unless you get lucky and get some good items cause enemies dont respawn so you pretty much have to kill everything, and the enemies are always in overwhelming groups that almost always kill you in ten seconds flat

oh and PS Diablo three has beens announced there is a bunch of screenshots of it at this url
http://pc.ign.com/objects/714/714955.html

rekenne

• Elder
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 00:47 »

I'm not sure what Diablo you were playing, but Diablo 1 isn't that hard. Play smart, lure the enemies away and kill them in small numbers.

Darkwaterotter

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 19:52 »

thats not important i dont want to get into a big debate about it.
but another thing im curious about tho is how are you going to get those rhino guys to charge you

Krok

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 14:28 »

Diablo in 17:38. I don't know how many segments (saves/reloads) exactly but that's pretty impressive. No matter how hard a game can be you can still beat it easily with proper training.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k6tuw7DJUUpAMs6qkk

Okay, end of useless shit. Just wanted to share the vid :P

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 15:51 »

Damn, I need to dig out my diablo discs... again. I only wish the game would run windowed.
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
  • Men are from Mars, Women are from Snickers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 11:21 »

Diablo in 17:38. I don't know how many segments (saves/reloads) exactly but that's pretty impressive. No matter how hard a game can be you can still beat it easily with proper training.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k6tuw7DJUUpAMs6qkk

Okay, end of useless shit. Just wanted to share the vid :P
As far as I know, this video wasn't made in a single run? Is that right?
Ludzie, którzy piją, są dla mnie niczym...

... niczym bracia!

Sylph

• Elder
  • Major
  • Galaxy Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 09:28 »

Sorry to revive an old thread, but no-one posts her anyway... :)

Not sure about this replay (looks legit, but quite lucky), but there can be dirty work afoot even with single-segment...
Diablos levels are generated based on the date of your system clock when you start a new game. In fact, a certain date was found (probably through decompiling) in which all the levels had stairs generated close enough to skip the level completely, and where the necessary books were generated. This in turn made the run easy, as seen in this 9 minute speedrun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN0bMhCj1Mg
Its akin to starting a doomrl game on nightmare where all the stairs are gauranteed to be next to one another, and a thermonuclear bomb is gauranteed to be found close to the stairs before level 25.

Re: The original post - Diablo is an extraordinarily difficult game if a player tries to play a single game with a single character. Essentially there just isnt enough experience per level to get a character strong enough to get through the caves and hell.
In fact, only a tiny handful of extremely hardcore diablo teams have managed to finish the game under hardcore rules without creating a new game with an existing character. They refer to this challenge as ironman, and its one of the hardest well-accepted gaming challenges there is - certainly harder than eternium man in adom. It\'s also bucketloads of fun, and if anyone wants to play ironman diablo with me, they should give me a PM. :)

Diablo becomes the ridiculously easy game we all remember when a player creates a new game with an existing character.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 20:05 by Sylph »
Badges:
DRL:26 22 22 19 13 6
  JH:15 13 11   7   2

Tavana

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 13:51 »

While you do tempt me to pull out my old discs, I'll wait to play ironman Diablo with you until we have ironman DiabloRL. ;)
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 20:49 »

Diablos levels are generated based on the date of your system clock when you start a new game. In fact, a certain date was found (probably through decompiling) in which all the levels had stairs generated close enough to skip the level completely, and where the necessary books were generated. This in turn made the run easy, as seen in this 9 minute speedrun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN0bMhCj1Mg
Bug abuse and other shits ...not worth to talk about this video.
certainly harder than eternium man in adom.
I doubt it. I bet there are less people that finished Eternium man rather than those who finished Diablo the way you describe.

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 22:50 »

* Madtrixr doesn't care much for Diablo.

Now Diablo II...
* Madtrixr loves Diablo II, and is planning to buy the Battle chest at some point (pirating will not let you play online.)
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 00:24 »

Now Diablo II...
* Madtrixr loves Diablo II, and is planning to buy the Battle chest at some point (pirating will not let you play online.)

I bought it while it was still cheap!  (=
I computed, therefore I was.

GenTechJ

• Tester - DoomRL Staff
  • Elder
  • Sergeant
  • Hail to the king baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 16:59 »

Re: The original post - Diablo is an extraordinarily difficult game if a player tries to play a single game with a single character. Essentially there just isnt enough experience per level to get a character strong enough to get through the caves and hell.
In fact, only a tiny handful of extremely hardcore diablo teams have managed to finish the game under hardcore rules without creating a new game with an existing character. They refer to this challenge as ironman, and its one of the hardest well-accepted gaming challenges there is - certainly harder than eternium man in adom. It\'s also bucketloads of fun, and if anyone wants to play ironman diablo with me, they should give me a PM. :)

Diablo becomes the ridiculously easy game we all remember when a player creates a new game with an existing character.

I wouldn't mind trying this out at some point. Need to refind my old discs though.
Pages: [1] 2  All