Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 16:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Any suggestions for a general, zero-specializing build?  (Read 2489 times)

Potman

• Major
    • View Profile

As in, no challenges, and no specializing in any specific kind of weapon, in an effort to be prepared to running out of ammo and having to switch on some emergency weapon, or for any kind of an unique that I'll find. Because discovering a Blaster after putting all points on Reloader and Shottyman just makes me feel awkward.

Goes without saying that this shuts out Reloader, Brute, SoaG, and possibly Eagle Eye. But it still leaves a lot of options. So any suggestions?

(If I find something really powerful, I might start specializing, but until that there will be none of that.)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 09:52 by Potman »

Titt

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Any suggestions for a general, zero-specializing build?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 09:54 »

Without any of those traits, including Eagle Eye, you will not be very effective with shotguns, melee weapons, pistols, chainguns, or plasma guns. What are you going to use for a weapon? Only rocket launcher and BFG? I think you will have to settle for at least taking enough traits to make either shotguns or chainguns effective, even if you don't completely specialize in one or the other.

Potman

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 09:55 »

That's the point: I can use every weapon I find. Plus I believe I'll be pretty hard to take down, by putting points in defensive traits.

Titt

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 10:23 »

I do not understand why you say "I can use every weapon I find" and not "I can't use any weapon I find." Taking a trait like Reloader doesn't make non-shotgun weapons less usable, it makes shotguns more usable. Without any traits like EE or Reloader I think you will have a difficult time using any weapon at all--except the BFG.

In any case it sounds like you already have your eye on the defensive traits. Obviously Ironman and TaN are most in line with what you're talking about, but I think you will have an easier time surviving if you take EE*2 and then take three levels of Intuition as your defense trait--but then you will be most suited to long-range sniping using the chaingun or pistol, and that might be contrary to your plan of not specializing in any weapon.

rekenne

• Elder
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 03:45 »

Yeah - I'd go TaN -> TaN -> EEx2 -> Ironmanx3 -> TaN. After that, probably SoaB or Cateye.
EE is damned important for every weapon besides shotguns and BFG. Multiple hit weapons are utterly useless without it, which will make up a lot of your inventory.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 14:24 by rekenne »
Pages: [1]