Chaosforge Forum

• March 29, 2024, 00:36
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Use of new sound effects to further improve game even more.  (Read 3175 times)

PrivateFC-barnEbiss

• Private FC
    • View Profile

I have been playing AliensRL for awhile and I really like the use of sounds for the game and music but I just realized something that could add another depth of coolness. Have it so everytime a player moves it plays the sound of footsteps walking on metal grating, and if player is moving faster it could play a running sound effect. Just an idea I wanted to toss out and see what you guys think. this would give the depth of feel of being inside a future colony complex.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Re: Use of new sound effects to further improve game even more.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 04:55 »

While it looks good 'on paper' it wouldn't work out in practice - with current soundbind system DoomRL allows for binding "walk sounds", and once I did try doing something like that - proved only to be annoying sadly.
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

PrivateFC-barnEbiss

• Private FC
    • View Profile
Re: Use of new sound effects to further improve game even more.
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 10:25 »

I think it would depend on the sound effect used and how it was implemented, and the sound level the effect is played at.  I still would like this to be implemented or be able to be implemented if a user wanted to do this.  I wish AliensRL had the sound binding ability that DOOMRL has.
Pages: [1]