Chaosforge Forum

• April 18, 2024, 02:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Random Crashes  (Read 4049 times)

Mr_Dead

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Random Crashes
« on: October 09, 2008, 11:23 »

Has anyone else had the game just randomly shut down and not given a saved game?  I've had this happen a couple of times and I'm pretty sure its linked to when the game restarts the music track its currently playing.
Endure.  In enduring grow strong.

tehtmi

• Programmer
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Random Crashes
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 15:01 »

I think I've noticed the same thing.  I also remember this being reported before and Kornel saying something like SDL was the problem, so he couldn't fix it.  I turned off music in doomrl.ini and haven't had a crash since.  You can still play music in the background with some other program.  Hope this helps.

Killer_2k

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 01:49 »

About random crashes - I'm experiencing pretty much the same problem as you are, but I suppose it's because of the system I am using - Vista [Goddamnit] Home Premium. I'll try to play without music though, so expect to see my 2nd reply in this topic ;)

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 01:30 »

The main reason for crashes in this version is accessing empty inventory -- this has been already fixed, and will be ok tthe next version.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Killer_2k

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 07:39 »

I have to add that my inventory was and is NEVER empty, so I'm pretty sure that is not the main reason for crashes I'm experiencing on Vista. If I encounter it next time, I'll write down the info & it will appear 'ere.

myuzinn

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 03:43 »

Ok, I was playing an AoMr game and was at lvl24, re-arranging my unmodded pistol and heavily modded adv pistol to see specs for lone vs dual in the @ screen, but...

When I had no weapons equipped and hit @, I got the same problem that I had in berserk games when I checked the inventory screen without any items - my game saved and exitted. Thought I'd report this variant of the problem.

007bistromath

• Backer
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 04:19 »

I've never had an empty inventory either, but I do crash from time to time. Not a Vista thing though, as the rate is about the same as it was on XP.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 08:24 »

Ok, I was playing an AoMr game and was at lvl24, re-arranging my unmodded pistol and heavily modded adv pistol to see specs for lone vs dual in the @ screen, but...

When I had no weapons equipped and hit @, I got the same problem that I had in berserk games when I checked the inventory screen without any items - my game saved and exitted. Thought I'd report this variant of the problem.

Can you check if you can repeat the crash?
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

myuzinn

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 21:59 »

Ok, tested a normal game on ITYTD. When I got to Hell's Armory, I had traits EE->EE->SoG->SoG->DG.

With both pistols in both slots, @ screen is fine.

With one pistol in primary slot, no pistol in prepared slot, @ screen is fine.

With no pistol in primary slot, one pistol in prepared slot, @ screen crashes and saves.

With no pistol in either slot, @ screen crashes and saves.

This is easily repeatable.

These crash+saves only occur once I have DualGunner. Prior to DG, @ screen is fine in all the above cases.
Pages: [1]