Chaosforge Forum

• April 18, 2024, 22:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Trait Suggestion  (Read 2470 times)

Gnoman

• Private
    • View Profile
Trait Suggestion
« on: November 23, 2008, 05:42 »

Light Touch
Req. Finesse 1
Max level 3

You are more skilled than most at controlling the trigger. When using a plasma rifle or chaingun, you have a 10% chance to cease firing when your target dies (if the third bullet kills the target, the fourth and fifth bullets are not fired).

Featherfinger
Req. Light Touch level 3
Max level 1

The skill of your trigger finger allows you to fire faster than lesser men. Fire rates for chainguns and plasma rifles are doubled.

rekenne

• Elder
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Trait Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 11:59 »

Both are ... sorta lame. The first one is alright, but firing past your target is useful in a lot of situations.
The second one is all sorts of stupidly powerful. That, and we already have a trait that increases burst fire rate... And how would pulling the trigger faster even matter? It's a matter of holding it down, not pulling the trigger.

Gnoman

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 23:22 »

The way I look at it, it's not that you pull the trigger faster, it's that you pull it less, allowing you to maintain a longer burst because of less recoil. (instead of 12345, it's 12 34 56 78 90).

As for the utility of firing past your target, just aim behind it.

Visalos

• First Sergeant
  • Former Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 11:38 »

Light Touch
Req. Finesse 1
Max level 3

You are more skilled than most at controlling the trigger. When using a plasma rifle or chaingun, you have a 10% chance to cease firing when your target dies (if the third bullet kills the target, the fourth and fifth bullets are not fired).

Featherfinger
Req. Light Touch level 3
Max level 1

The skill of your trigger finger allows you to fire faster than lesser men. Fire rates for chainguns and plasma rifles are doubled.

yes, the featherfinger idea is not good. however, the light touch one is a great idea. it's a straight-up ammo-conserving trait, perfect for(in fact, almost entirely meant for) rapid-fire builds. and he's right. just aim at the monster behind the first one.
The demons will never forget the Marine who charged -screaming- through seven layers of hell wearing nothing but a nuke and blue boots.

rekenne

• Elder
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 19:00 »

I'll point out that the best strategy for the armory is just blindfiring a chaingun down the central corridor for a good 20 rounds.
I dunno, I just don't think it's at all worth a trait spot.

Errant

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 07:41 »

If nothing else, might I suggest changing the name "Light Touch" to "Trigger Discipline"?

It sounds more military and badass. You're blazing away with a full-auto weapon, not petting a nervous cat.
Pages: [1]