Chaosforge Forum

• April 24, 2024, 22:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Can someone explain to me how angel of berserk is meant to be possible?  (Read 12583 times)

007bistromath

• Backer
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Another strange thing: I was playing AoB recently and I found few Large Healing Spheres - and they did not give me Berserk. Wth ...
That got taken out a while ago. No idea why the description of the challenge was never changed.

Karry

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile

if you understand the tactics it's possible and even fun.
Load of bull.

007bistromath

• Backer
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile

It would've been alot more work to fake Guts Man XVII than to just win AoB, even if it weren't fun. You can do it. Anyone can do it. You just have to do it right and roll high. If you can't figure out how to do it right on your own, look at how somebody else does it. I learned by watching Blade, and you can learn from watching either of us.

Anarchic Fox

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
    • View Profile

if you understand the tactics it's possible and even fun.
Load of bull.

No, it's true!  But it requires a specific mindset, the same one that allows people to enjoy Angband.  Don't let the Berserker skill fool you: winning AoB requires the most caution of all the challenges, barring AoMs.

beorn080

• Private
    • View Profile

If you have the room, dropping multiple items on one tile puts the extra items on the adjacent tiles. So if you carry a couple of spare guns, you can drop a healthpack on your square and the guns around it allowing you to bait around corners. The healthpack is so you don't have to worry about carrying an item to drop on the center square. You pick it up after you get an empty gun on the square you want to bait.

Angle of Death

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile

If you're faceing huge numbers of former humans, draw their fire at maximum range. Their piss-poor accuracy will take out several of them before you take too much damage. This can also work against shotgunners and imps, but the tougher monsters do too much damage for this tactic to work.

Toan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile

if you're gonna take berserker, you'd be better off with a defensive trait (HR,TAN,Ironman, anyone?) but that might be just me. Running through levels is good if you think or know (computer maps) that there isn't enough healing to get what you need (knives, med-kits, uniques).
Cacodemon Sergeant
[11/3/1/0/0]

Lowtierhero

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile

Yeah, Defensive traits definitely help starting off. I ususally start with TaN before even getting Brute because you need the defense for fricking sergeants.

Of course, Hell Runner fails in that regard since you can't dodge shotties.
Pages: 1 [2]  All