Chaosforge Forum

• April 27, 2024, 01:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: making melee more interesting.  (Read 1978 times)

ultimate26

• Backer
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
making melee more interesting.
« on: December 07, 2008, 18:15 »

with knifes if you press F you can throw it to do lil extra damage at a short distance(you can pick them up)

theres a skill that lets you use 2 knifes at the same time, very similar to dual pistols.

something that lets you do more damage if you are "running" with melee weapons.

chainsaw special(f) does AOE damage one the first 3 squares you are aiming towards
                   XXX
                 <=@=>
                     II
                     V

arrows indicating that you have the option to choose the XXX target.

so its like a giant swing! that can hit multiple monsters! so no chainsaw is a bit better for crowd control if you swing like crazy! maby it takes bit more speed to do or something i dunno!

and a new unique chainsaw item! THE DUAL SAW!

heres the origin and boss idea

Dr.Salvador is a miniboss from the GameCube game Resident Evil 4, developed by Capcom. He wears a potato sack mask over his head and is armed with a chainsaw, and appears many times throughout the course of the game. His attacks are one hit kills. In addition to this, many attacks do limited damage to him and he has much more health than normal enemies.

There is another character who strongly resembles Dr. Salvador in the mini-game: The Mercenaries. This is not the same character. In fact, his name is Mr. Salvador, the father of Dr. Salvador. Subtle differences include a much larger body mass, as well as the brandishing of two chainsaws, lashed together by a chain.

"two chainsaws, lashed together by a chain."

AINT THAT KAPOWSOME? the special ability with F  does  damage to all directions as a wild swing!
      XXX
     X@X
     XXX
FTW!

the duo chainsaw grants you +2 to armor because of the energy that MR salvador left to it. hes big and tought, you carrying this might give a a small negative speed mod to your weapon or walking speed but makes you like a lil unstoppable tank!

maby after you implement unique mini bosses like the butcher(who drops hes cleaver) you could put mr salvator as a mini secret boss to drop the duo saw!

i love bosses in all games i play and i really really would like to see unique named and unique colored monsters! id spend all day trying to hunt these down!

when you defeat them it appears in the mortem as

"He faced MR.salvador but he was too much of a pussy to defeat him"

any positive thoughts on boss ideas?! i mean its hell, you should include hitler from the wolfenstein series!

Captain Trek

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Re: making melee more interesting.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 03:53 »

OK, first off, the game already has a mini-boss (
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
) that gives you a powerful melee weapon that provides an armor bonus... Throwable combat knives have already been discussed by others and dismissed as unworkable (for various reasons) and I'm not really a fan of the dual knives thing, but I do like the idea of a specail multi-square attack for the chainsaw... Indeed, the character from the Doom comic did something like this when he hacked three zombies apart more-or-less at once with the chainsaw...

ultimate26

• Backer
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: making melee more interesting.
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 10:21 »

the miniboss we have is way too strong for non melee builds! we need more common mini bosses! and more random ones!

you enter the stage and you see the message

"you hear the sound of a chainsaw from far"

dude chases you all the way
Pages: [1]