Chaosforge Forum

• April 25, 2024, 03:34
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Replace Regular Shotgun With Sawn-Off Shotgun.  (Read 2254 times)

LockeCarnelia

• Elder
  • Sergeant
  • No Rest For The Wicked
    • View Profile
Replace Regular Shotgun With Sawn-Off Shotgun.
« on: December 12, 2008, 01:19 »

The difference that I have in mind is not just the name change.  It retains all of its stats except in one aspect: It becomes a one-handed weapon.  That means that if any of you little guys who do Dualgunner in non AoMarksmanship games would like to use two sawn-off shotguns for the full awesomeness effect, you can do so.  Not particularly effective, but I really don't see this changing any strategems, but simply being there as a little effect for those of us who don't always want to be 100% effective, more like 100% cool looking.

Edit: Shoot, I just realized I put this in the wrong forum.  Could an admin move it to Suggestions for me, maybe?

Moved - Malek
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 06:24 by Malek Deneith »

Thomas

• DoomRL Wiki and Testing Ops
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Major General
  • How's it going?
    • View Profile
Re: Replace Regular Shotgun With Sawn-Off Shotgun.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 02:05 »

The difference that I have in mind is not just the name change.  It retains all of its stats except in one aspect: It becomes a one-handed weapon.  That means that if any of you little guys who do Dualgunner in non AoMarksmanship games would like to use two sawn-off shotguns for the full awesomeness effect, you can do so.  Not particularly effective, but I really don't see this changing any strategems, but simply being there as a little effect for those of us who don't always want to be 100% effective, more like 100% cool looking.

Edit: Shoot, I just realized I put this in the wrong forum.  Could an admin move it to Suggestions for me, maybe?

Uh, it's a roguelike. Looking cool isn't an advantage unless you need that kind of inspiration for mental imagery.

Besides, it would be TOO ineffective. You would need 2 levels of SoaG (Useless in non-pistol games) and you would end up with a combination that does less DPS than a double barreled shotgun but costs the same amount of ammo.
Arch-Vile Chaos Major Thomas
[26/26/26/25/9/1]
Medals: 35/43 Specials: 69/67 Assemblies: 36/40

LockeCarnelia

• Elder
  • Sergeant
  • No Rest For The Wicked
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 02:15 »

Thing is, the way I see it, the Shotgun is already pretty much useless, yes?  So adding this really wouldn't do anything to change anything significant, which is both an advantage and a disadvantage.

Errant

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 15:25 »

The shotgun isn't completely useless. If you don't have a combat shotgun, trying to do the Arena with a pistol is not very funny.

Fastload shotguns, though, are taking the mickey. Who is going to use it?

007bistromath

• Backer
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 17:52 »

I actually had this idea a few days go. I was actually thinking of trying it with the doublegun, which would be horrendously overpowered, but hilarious. With just the regular shotty, it wouldn't be overpowered, and might actually be kind of cool. I could see doing a DG/SM hybrid build that would be pretty fun to screw around with. Just keep the two sawn-offs until you get an adv. pistol or blaster or suchlike to replace one of them with. :p
Pages: [1]