Chaosforge Forum

• April 27, 2024, 22:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: DOOMRL TRAILER  (Read 1913 times)

Kg

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Celestial Horizon
DOOMRL TRAILER
« on: June 15, 2009, 02:45 »

Hey, anyone interested in making a DoomRL trailer? I'm not good in editing video and so on, but we could make some footage.. it has to be done with sound, so only recording game via virtualdub or so on are accepted. My ideas so far (I just thought about that) - some intro like UAC general talking to our soldier blabla, then we find ourselves in HELL - to make it interesting, video editing would come in... like zooming on our hero, changing his colour when he gets mad (gradually), the point is that whole map should not be seen (it doesnt look so cool), then he sees some zombies (could be ascii art included - fast show, like in Evangelion if you know what I mean), and POW he fires RL - I don't know if it's possible but rocket movement should be tracker (so it would be in the center always) + some shaking effects (rage) + metal music, some pwnage from AoB + berserk should be included too (chainsaw sound..). so... anyone interested? But I have worries.. maybe it should be done when doom is released? :D (to include preview of new features).. anyway we should piss of our hero somehow..maybe he's listening bunny music on his mp3, then zombie fires at him and his mp3 is destroyed, then he's really pissed :D. To make it easier some 'special' version of doomrl would be helpful, but I doubt it could be possible (like immortal marine + weapons to get to lower levels to show baron pwnage).. anyway, that's the idea and I know it's possible to make this simply awesome.
Hell Baron 2nd Lieutenant
[22|11|4|0|0]
Latest: Eagerness Bronze

ParaSait

• Baffen :P
  • Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Happy Little Boozer
    • View Profile
    • MPSF
Re: DOOMRL TRAILER
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 05:26 »

I once made a trailer a long time ago. Actually it's called "DoomRL The Movie", but I only made the first part (so, the intro, which perfectly fits as a trailer).
You can see it here:

http://asciimator.net/?module=demo&clip_id=3818&tag=movie&n=2

And yes, EVERYTHING is frame by frame. It took a looong while :p

EDIT: Heh, and yea, I know he looks like Kenny from South Park in his space suit =D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 05:30 by Mrazerty »
[18|7|3|0|0|0] [MED:13/43] [SPE:36/67] [ASM:11/40]

Check out my epic youtube channel!
Currently playing The Bard's Tale and System Shock 2 (coop with GrAV1t)!

Kg

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Celestial Horizon
Re: DOOMRL TRAILER
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 05:56 »

H@H@H@H@ THIS IS TOO AWESOME !H@HH@@H the best part was... marine's head covering half of the screen - and he's FACE TELLS IT ALL : -.-, but on the right side *BANG*BANG*BanG* *SLURP* H@H@ the BEST! :D But my idea is only ASCII would this captured from game,  and rather fast peaced action;d
Hell Baron 2nd Lieutenant
[22|11|4|0|0]
Latest: Eagerness Bronze
Pages: [1]