Chaosforge Forum

• April 18, 2024, 04:13
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Let's give credit where it's due - Minigun & Cleaver  (Read 1687 times)

Zarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Let's give credit where it's due - Minigun & Cleaver
« on: December 30, 2008, 20:58 »

Hello, all,
I've just started another Ao100 HMP game.  So far I found two uniques - Minigun and Butcher's Cleaver.  Since there is no guaranteed chainsaw in this challenge, the Cleaver has already been of great help - killing Arch-Viles, Arachnotrons and Barons in melee while they refrain from their ranged attacks is great, as is conserving the ammo.
As for Minigun - I found it while already having EE(2) and SoB(1) and it worked great.  I have SoB(2) now and it kills Barons in two volleys.  It chews a lot of ammo to be sure, but it packs quite a punch.  As for accuracy - chainguns are the same +2, so no big change here.  Once I max SoB and EE I expect to mop up the floor.  The main question, of course, is - will I have enough 10-mm ammo?  I don't have much experience with Ao100 (reached level 30 once), but it seems that the only ammo in abundance will be rockets (from all those blasted Revenants).  I'm afraid I'll have to take the Brute->Berserker route at some point...

Wish me luck!

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
Re: Let's give credit where it's due - Minigun & Cleaver
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 09:10 »

Minigun will get a slight boost in usefulness in this version.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz
Pages: [1]