Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 15:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 2 Player mode  (Read 10132 times)

Lexman

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
2 Player mode
« on: March 07, 2006, 10:35 »

Maybe in the next DoomRL version there could be a 2 player mode where you can play with a friend and go through the levels together.

Another thing that could be put in the next version is cheats (i know someone else has problay said this but im saying it again) cause I like to just explore the levels without trying to stay alive.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
2 Player mode
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 11:14 »

Quoting: Lexman
Maybe in the next DoomRL version there could be a 2 player mode where you can play with a friend and go through the levels together.

How do you imagine that to work with turns?

Another thing that could be put in the next version is cheats (i know someone else has problay said this but im saying it again) cause I like to just explore the levels without trying to stay alive.

They were already in 0.9.5, and maybe they'll be back. But ask anyone who found them in 0.9.5 and they'll tell you that you really DON'T want to use them ^_^
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Santiago Zapata

• Temple Guardian
  • Backer
  • First Lieutenant
  • Roguelike Developer
    • View Profile
    • Slashie.net
2 Player mode
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 20:19 »

Quoting: Kornel Kisielewicz

Actually, I dont think it would be that out of mind... specially for a short-turns game like DoomRL...

Perhaps that would be getting too much into HaloRL :p
Slash (Castlevania, Metroid, Drash, ZeldaRL)
Temple of The Roguelike
Slashie.net

Anticheese

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
2 Player mode
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 21:10 »

Store the move of the guy who moved first in memory untill the other guy makes his move..

Then when both moves are completed do the update cycle for the monsters.

They were already in 0.9.5, and maybe they'll be back. But ask anyone who found them in 0.9.5 and they'll tell you that you really DON'T want to use them ^_^

Add cheat codes, But I have a suggestion:

Perhaps have cheat codes generated when you beat the game or do something noteworthy, Have a list of possible cheat codes (between aadvarak and zapata) and have the game link the codes with the command when you unlock it.

Of course, This suggestion wont be added, Its just something I came up with in 10 seconds.

Lexman

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
2 Player mode
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 05:43 »

Quoting: Anticheese
Store the move of the guy who moved first in memory untill the other guy makes his move..

your idea works.

my idea was 1st player goes, then monsters, then 2nd player goes, then monsters etc.

JimmyJ

• Major
  • Integrated Circuit
    • View Profile
2 Player mode
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 23:24 »

1st player goes, then monsters, then 2nd player goes, then monsters etc.

that seems more like what i would prefer, not
1st player goes, then monsters, then 2nd player goes, then monsters etc.
Howdy.

sn0rb

• Sergeant
  • Blue. Ninja. Needs. Wii. Badly.
    • View Profile
    • Random Ranting
2 Player mode
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 23:11 »

Maybe if the other player(s) were NPC allies? This way, they'd be able to take their turn at the same time as the hellspawn.
Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and science and do it anyway!

JimmyJ

• Major
  • Integrated Circuit
    • View Profile
2 Player mode
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 00:37 »

Quoting: sn0rb
Maybe if the other player(s) were NPC allies? This way, they'd be able to take their turn at the same time as the hellspawn.

I think ally AI would probrobly be pretty hard to make...i was under the impression that we were talking hotseat kind of 2 player..
Howdy.

Santiago Zapata

• Temple Guardian
  • Backer
  • First Lieutenant
  • Roguelike Developer
    • View Profile
    • Slashie.net
2 Player mode
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 15:11 »

As U
Quoting: jimmyj
.i was under the impression that we were talking hotseat kind of 2 player..

As I was

However, Doom is not the kind of game for 2 players... the marine is alone against the hell with nobody to support him and perhaps we must keep it like this :p
Slash (Castlevania, Metroid, Drash, ZeldaRL)
Temple of The Roguelike
Slashie.net

Anticheese

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
2 Player mode
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 23:35 »

Well, If you look in your Doom launcher you will find a multiplayer co-op function...

JimmyJ

• Major
  • Integrated Circuit
    • View Profile
2 Player mode
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2006, 03:04 »

Well, If you look in your Doom launcher you will find a multiplayer co-op function...

Yes, and i used doom legacy to play 2p co-op and it was actually really fun :P
Howdy.

jake250

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.starforces.fr.st
2 Player mode
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2006, 04:29 »

Yes, and i used doom legacy to play 2p co-op and it was actually really fun :

True thats so much fun!.. at least when people WANT to play and don't go like dumb moron. Anyway the game was a lot better with someone than alone, especially on nightmare (nightmare, 4 player, item respawn, fast monster and predicting monster, thats insane, really really insane! A real war to say the least)

sn0rb

• Sergeant
  • Blue. Ninja. Needs. Wii. Badly.
    • View Profile
    • Random Ranting
2 Player mode
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2006, 05:16 »

Quoting: jake250
True thats so much fun!.. at least when people WANT to play and don't go like dumb moron.

Sounds like something a friend of mine did when we played Doom II co-op (Yayay for Doom 3 SE on Xbox!). We kept getting into squabbles over telefragging/(not so) friendly fire/which one of us "volunteers" to draw Baphomet's wrath while the other guy pumps rockets between his eyes.

We finally settled our differences in Baphomet's armory with chainsaws at twenty paces. >=D
Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and science and do it anyway!

JimmyJ

• Major
  • Integrated Circuit
    • View Profile
2 Player mode
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2006, 05:37 »

Quoting: sn0rb
Sounds like something a friend of mine did when we played Doom II co-op (Yayay for Doom 3 SE on Xbox!). We kept getting into squabbles over telefragging/(not so) friendly fire/which one of us "volunteers" to draw Baphomet's wrath while the other guy pumps rockets between his eyes.

We finally settled our differences in Baphomet's armory with chainsaws at twenty paces. >=D

I do not have doom 3 SE on Xbox, but i can play coop 4 player with doom doom 2 and doom 3 anyway :P Say, what is in SE that is extra?

Quoting: jake250
True thats so much fun!.. at least when people WANT to play and don't go like dumb moron. Anyway the game was a lot better with someone than alone, especially on nightmare (nightmare, 4 player, item respawn, fast monster and predicting monster, thats insane, really really insane! A real war to say the least)

yes, i always make it so frikkin hard....but my brother just shoots rockets around and kills me :P I need to turn friendly fire off :)
Howdy.

Anticheese

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
2 Player mode
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2006, 09:18 »

I do not have doom 3 SE on Xbox, but i can play coop 4 player with doom doom 2 and doom 3 anyway :P Say, what is in SE that is extra?

Developer interviews, Doom I and II (Includes co-op btw), 5 or so G4 segments showcasing the history of Doom, Concept art and stuff that didint make it into the game..And there may be something more but I cannot remember.

If you are really interested in the history of Doom, Go to your local library and get "The making of Doom 3" or "The Masters of Doom" (Not sure what the exact name of the latter is), I have read the first one and my friend reccomends the second one..

If you are REALLY interested in Doom, Go to a pilgramage to Texas..I think  ID software is based in Dallas..Or Houston..Or I dont know A. Where ID is precisely and B. I dont know much about the US.

--

yes, i always make it so frikkin hard....but my brother just shoots rockets around and kills me

General law of ID games, Rocket launchers kick ass. Especially when used by 7 year olds.

I need to turn friendly fire off :)

A: See the above.

B: Unclick the frigging "Friendly Fire" button!
Pages: [1] 2  All