DoomRL > Modding

How DOES one mod DoomRL?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Zi:
I'd like to mention that I'm somewhat familiar with lua and am looking forward into modding DoomRL once this is released, so I hope this post provides an additional small amount of motivation.

GenTechJ:
I too am looking forward to both the modding of 9.9, and the graphics of 1.0.

While I wait however, it gives me more time to plan out my TCs, rather than jumping in and making a mess. Anyone else planning/have plans for TCs?

What do you have planned? I myself (not worried about the idea being "taken" since my version will be different from someone else's and vice versa) plan on doing a couple Quake TCs. As well as doing something like Quake 3 that incorporates enemies, items, weapons, and characters from all the Quake games, Doom games, and Wolf games.

Speaking of which, will it be possible to create "classes"? Different character classes for the Quake 3 TC that feel like Doomguy, Quake1guy, Quake2guy, BJ, etc? Even a Hexen/Heretic TC would be pretty cool with the option of classes.

JBudOne:

--- Quote from: GenTechJ on January 27, 2009, 23:14 ---I myself (not worried about the idea being "taken" since my version will be different from someone else's and vice versa) plan on doing a couple Quake TCs. As well as doing something like Quake 3 that incorporates enemies, items, weapons, and characters from all the Quake games, Doom games, and Wolf games.
--- End quote ---

When I saw that we might be able to mod DoomRL soon the first thing that came to my mind was QuakeRL =P although I was thinking Quake 1, but I'm sure a bunch of other people had that in mind too. I'm more interested in playing it than making it though, so I may just lay back and wait for someone else to make it, or help someone else make it.

Thomas:
I was thinking of some TCs that were basically "Vanilla DoomRL, just with a different theme painted over it" until I familiarised myself with everything. The one that I've actually had my mind set on for a while now is one based on the SNES game "Zombies Ate My Neighbours".

But that one would require me to actually change DoomRL's game mechanics a little, as you need to save all the neighbours (Sometimes called "Victims") before the stairs down appears. That and there'd be an alternate lose condition (letting all 10 neighbours die), requireing me to mess around with the post mortem.

ParaSait:

--- Quote from: Thomas on February 02, 2009, 04:00 ---But that one would require me to actually change DoomRL's game mechanics a little, as you need to save all the neighbours (Sometimes called "Victims") before the stairs down appears. That and there'd be an alternate lose condition (letting all 10 neighbours die), requireing me to mess around with the post mortem.
--- End quote ---
Who knows, maybe it's possible with some neat scripting? ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version