Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 03:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 57

Author Topic: New unique items  (Read 367604 times)

Ander Hammer

• Elder
  • Major
  • burst laser rifle (2d10)x7 [80/80] (H1)
    • View Profile
Re: New unique items
« Reply #630 on: March 27, 2011, 03:01 »

Mjolnir
Base stats: something impressive, but not Dragonslayer broken
Special: throwable, returns automatically, does plasma damage.

To compensate for giving berserkers a ranged option, make certain traits and (status effects) only apply when it's used in melee and make it not-so-rapid.

This could have some kind of cool unlock mechanism ala scythe or spear. Regardless, this game has plenty of bullet but not enough hammer.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 14:55 by Ander Hammer »
Hell Baron Major
[25|20|11|2|0]
Quest: bronzes/silvers i guess
[Inferno] ITYTD Win

Deathwind

• Colonel
  • HMP Angel of Patience 0.9.9.4
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 28, 2011, 00:57 »

First we get a sickle and now you want to add a hammer?</joke>

All joking aside it sounds like a good idea.
v.997 [16/5/2/0/0]

Creepy

• First Sergeant
  • Duelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 29, 2011, 00:16 »

Bunkerbuster
Melee
Damage: 6d6
Ammo: Rockets
Clip: Single shot

Info:
A heavy melee weapon that uses rockets as ammo and does about the same damage as a rocket launcher (6d6), including the whole "explosion" thing and Fire damage. The shockwave shouldn't hurt the player (Maybe?)

The benefits are that you can deal with crowds by punching them with a point-blank rocket, and with this you can go through walls like the goddamn Kool-Aid Man. The drawbacks are that it's obviously ammo-based whereas other melee weapons are not, and the knockback from the explosion isn't something you generally want happening in melee games.

A utility for melee characters to deal with crowds and walls, but not a replacement for the chainsaw. But it would be hilarious to shove a rocket up the hindquarters of a Baron while berserk'd. Give his colon a good, fire-y cleansing with pure rage.

Formerly Hell Knight Warrant Officer [16|7|5|1|0]
Currently Cacodemon 2nd Lieutenant [18|10|3|0|0]
Current Goal: ???

Solarn

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 03, 2011, 13:46 »

Maybe these should go in the horrible ideas thread...

Force-A-Nature
Uses shotgun ammo
Higher damage at point blank than the double shotty with extra knockback, but with even steeper falloff, basically useless at range. Slow reload time.
"When you absolutely, positively need to hurl enemies far away from you and into a pool of lava."

Dalokohs bar
Consumable
Heals the player like a normal small med-pack if damaged, but adds 10 health like a small health globe when at full health.
"Did you ever want to pick up a small health globe and save it for later? Now you can do it, with delicious chocolate-like flavor!"

Gunboats
Boots
Protective boots + TB
2 protection, player receives 50% damage from own rockets (this stacks with rocket jumping).
"This nifty invention makes walking forever obsolete!"

Sharpened volcano fragment
Melee
Damage somewhere between the knife and the chainsaw (plasma maybe?), accuracy good, leaves a square of lava where it's swung.
"Really not something you should be swinging around."

Chargin' Targe
Melee
Damage and accuracy comparable to knife. Alt-fire: can only be used when not tired, launches you forward 10 squares or until you hit something, doing damage at the end of the path based on the distance travelled and tiring you out. Note that this does not protect you from environmental damage.
"No true Scotsman would ever use a shield for anything else."

Amputator
Melee
Combat knife + PB
Slightly higher damage than the knife, heals a trivial amount on each hit.
"You're pretty sure this weapon does not belong here."

Sniper rifle
Uses 10mm ammo
Single shot weapon, decent accuracy and damage. Alt-fire: always hits, huge damage, but physical (so armor gets in the way) and so slow you might miss a turn entirely.
"You don't know why, but you feel an urgent need to be polite and efficient."

Ambassador
Uses 10mm ammo
Pistol + ATP
High accuracy, decent damage, slow firing time but quick reload.
"It certainly makes hostile negotiations much easier."

Why yes, I did just recently get Team Fortress 2. The Engineer doesn't get an item because all his weapons are building-related and that sucks.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 14:02 by Solarn »

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
« Reply #634 on: May 03, 2011, 14:35 »

No, but the Engineer would probably find a Mod Removal Mod to be very useful...
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

zenfur

• Corporal
  • Huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 04, 2011, 07:16 »

How about soul-eating skull?

how it works:
when you kill somebody, and you have soul-eating skull in inventory, it eats part of soul (or whatever immortal demons have) of killed (not a must, that killed by you) possesing 1% of dead's health, and accumulating these. If you use it from you inventory, you gain as many health points, as you may get till 200%. Rest, what you can boost into yourself, stays in skull.

To make this item weaker, you may add some limit of accumulating health and/or penalty of 1 max health taking when using.

Note: Yes, if you have 2 soul eating skulls each of them bites the vailing souls to feed themselves, and generate health points.

Source: labirynth of my mind
As some items/powerups free some space in your backpack like ammuniton or blue/green armors are needless, it would do similar thing with med-packs.

Btw. sorry if I'm sometimes not possible to be understood, I am not native English speaker =) forgive me.
[0.9.9.7G][20/15/10/5/1/0]
19 different medals
Hell Baron

Thomas

• DoomRL Wiki and Testing Ops
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Major General
  • How's it going?
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 04, 2011, 08:25 »

Some of those TF2 ideas could be interesting, but the lower-level assemblies are supposed to be more doom-related or based on something in real life. Also, game designers work in NUMBERS!

Blast Boots
Assembled Boots
Recipe: Protective Boots + BT
Protection: Original (2)
Durability: Original + Mod (200%)
Knockback: Original + Mod (-50%)
Movespeed: Original - Mod (-10%)
Special: Reduces Rocket Jump self-damage by 60%, but the knockback is not reduced. Allows players with Badass or Fireangel to rocket jump at regular effectiveness.
Description: Original, unfortunately.
Description (if assembly descriptions are implemented): Seemingly-magical boots that reduce rocket jump damage, rendering stairs (and bridges) forever useless.

High Caliber Pistol
Assembled Weapon
Recipe: Pistol + APP
Damage: 4d6
Damagetype: Physical
Accuracy: Original + Mod (+5)
Firetime: 1.5s
Reloadtime: Original (1.2s)
Clip: Original (6)
Altfire: Hip fire. Takes 1.0s, but has only +2 accuracy.
Altreload: Dualreload.
Description: Original, or "All of those mods create a pistol with quite a kick to it!"

Auto-Sniper Rifle
Unique Weapon
Damage: 2d5 (x4)
Accuracy: +6
Firetime: 1.0s
Reloadtime: 1.5s
Clip: 32 (10mm ammo)
Altfire: Scoped shots. 2.0s fire time, never misses (like a sniper modded weapon).
Description: This should stop those demons right in their tracks... could they just stand still for a second?

Screwdriver
Exotic Consumable
Special: On use, brings up a menu of all weapons in your inventory. You can choose a modded weapon, at which point you will be prompted "Reclaim weapon or reclaim mods? [w/m]" You get the weapon or the mods back, but the other is destroyed.
Description: You've been looking for one of these! Use it on a modded weapon to reclaim them (or the weapon) for later use.

As for some original ideas, here's one I've suggested before:
Sledgehammer
Exotic Weapon
Damage: 10d6
Accuracy: +0
Firetime: 2.0s
Altfire: Narrow swing. Deals half damage, takes 1.5s.
Description: Nothing can stand up to a sledgehammer! Swinging the damn thing is a real workout, though.

And another for good measure:
Six-Shooter
Exotic Weapon
Damage: 3d5
Accuracy: +5
Firetime: 0.5s
Reloadtime: 1.5s (normal reload) 0.5s (see below)
Clip: 6 (10mm ammo)
Altreload: Dualreload.
Special: Between each firing command, you must move or reload as though it were a combat shotgun. These restrictions apply even if it's your prepared weapon and you have dualgunner.
Description: Yeeehaw! You're the quickest draw on phobos, partner!

EDIT: The six-shooter could possibly be a bit more powerful with the restriction that it can't be used with another pistol, because that's just silly.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 08:35 by Thomas »
Arch-Vile Chaos Major Thomas
[26/26/26/25/9/1]
Medals: 35/43 Specials: 69/67 Assemblies: 36/40

Ander Hammer

• Elder
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 04, 2011, 15:00 »

I don't see a reason for the six-shooter to be unusable with another pistol, even another six-shooter. Just make it necessary to move/reload both chambers if you want to shoot two bullets next attack.

I don't see a reason to make the high-caliber pistol's alt fire 'hip fire' when that could be the normal fire mode and we can tack 'aimed shot' on. I'm under the general impression that normal shooting is from the hip in this game.
Hell Baron Major
[25|20|11|2|0]
[Inferno] ITYTD Win

Shinji_Ikari_9th

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lock and load!
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 04, 2011, 21:43 »

Bunkerbuster
Melee
Damage: 6d6
Ammo: Rockets
Clip: Single shot

Info:
A heavy melee weapon that uses rockets as ammo and does about the same damage as a rocket launcher (6d6), including the whole "explosion" thing and Fire damage. The shockwave shouldn't hurt the player (Maybe?)

The benefits are that you can deal with crowds by punching them with a point-blank rocket, and with this you can go through walls like the goddamn Kool-Aid Man. The drawbacks are that it's obviously ammo-based whereas other melee weapons are not, and the knockback from the explosion isn't something you generally want happening in melee games.

A utility for melee characters to deal with crowds and walls, but not a replacement for the chainsaw. But it would be hilarious to shove a rocket up the hindquarters of a Baron while berserk'd. Give his colon a good, fire-y cleansing with pure rage.

Cybie will be fa#$ing and be#$#ing FIRE!!!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 21:48 by Shinji_Ikari_9th »
Over and Out!

Shinji_Ikari_9th

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lock and load!
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 04, 2011, 22:25 »

Don't know what to call this thing, but here goes.

Fire time: 3.0 sec
Damage: 3d6*3 Physical
Alt-Fire: High Explosive Rounds(9d6*3 Explosive(note: blast radius equal to a rocket launcher.))
Ammo: 90 (10mm rounds)
Reload time: 5.0 sec

Be aware that the shere size of this weapon will slow your movement down by 20%.

-=-

I got the idea for this beast from a model I used in the fifth image I posted on this thread.
http://forum.chaosforge.org/index.php/topic,4052.0.html
Please take a look at things and tell me your thaughts on them.

Thanks.
Over and Out!

Ander Hammer

• Elder
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 04, 2011, 22:36 »

Don't know what to call this thing

How about 'Holy Shit!'? That aside, I think the numbers are just too high across the board, and as-is it'd be a novelty sort of thing even with Finesse and tech mods and Triggerhappy and whatever.

It looks more to me like three miniguns, which shouldn't fire that slow... unless I'm looking at the wrong image.

Edit: IDEA.

Ultimate Bullet Hose
Damage: 1d6x6
Fire Time: 1.0-1.5s
Alt-Fire: Chainfire (special)
Ammo: lots, or alternatively never needs to reload as long as you have 10mm ammo but takes a little extra time to switch to
Reload time: ridiculous, or see above

On the surface, a slightly better chaingun. However... it's got three rotating barrels instead of one! So when chainfire is initial, it shoots three shots... warming, it shoots six... full-auto does 9. Triggerhappy effects each barrel, so with Triggerhappy (2) a normal attack fires 12 bullets, and a full-auto burst will fling 15 bullets per round. Let's hear it for wasteful excess!

It could have two barrels instead of three, different damage or rounds fired, whatever. I'm just a big fan of the 'bullets everywhere' style of fighting.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 22:51 by Ander Hammer »
Hell Baron Major
[25|20|11|2|0]
[Inferno] ITYTD Win

Shinji_Ikari_9th

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lock and load!
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 05, 2011, 10:29 »

How about 'Holy Shit!'? That aside, I think the numbers are just too high across the board, and as-is it'd be a novelty sort of thing even with Finesse and tech mods and Triggerhappy and whatever.

It looks more to me like three miniguns, which shouldn't fire that slow... unless I'm looking at the wrong image.

Edit: IDEA.

Ultimate Bullet Hose
Ammo: lots, or alternatively never needs to reload as long as you have 10mm ammo but takes a little extra time to switch to

On the surface, a slightly better chaingun. However... it's got three rotating barrels instead of one! So when chainfire is initial, it shoots three shots... warming, it shoots six... full-auto does 9. Triggerhappy effects each barrel, so with Triggerhappy (2) a normal attack fires 12 bullets, and a full-auto burst will fling 15 bullets per round. Let's hear it for wasteful excess!

It could have two barrels instead of three, different damage or rounds fired, whatever. I'm just a big fan of the 'bullets everywhere' style of fighting.

Love what you've done with my idea, and you did look at the right picture.  The time was based on the size of the weapon making it slow to bring into position.
Over and Out!

Kashi

• Elder
  • Sergeant Major
  • I'm going with the Alucard now
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 11, 2011, 09:00 »

Ultimate Bullet Hose

So it's just like KOS-MOS' gatling. No, seriously, it's like KOS-MOS' gatling gun, which has three barrels, with the added bonus of holding ANOTHER one of those in the other hand.
0.9.9.5 - Archvile 2nd Lieutenant
[22][10][5][1][0]
"Tururu..."

Fanta Hege

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Will it work? I HAVE NO IDEA
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 11, 2011, 15:20 »

Choppa
"red mak it go fasta"

Damage: 10d5
Fire time; 2.0s

Meelee weapon.

Special; Every kill drops the fireing time by 0.1s, capped at 0.5. Resets at the start of the level.
i dont even know anymore

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
« Reply #644 on: May 11, 2011, 17:20 »

Mancubus Arm
"Like it hot, scum?"

Damage: 5d5x3, Mancubus/Cybie style shots (so one straight ahead, two at 30-degree diffs)
Magazine: 9 Rockets
Splash Radius 5
Fire Time: 1.1s
Reload Time: 1.5s/rocket, caps at 10.0s
Alt. Fire: 7d3x3 cone
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 57