Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 09:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 57

Author Topic: New unique items  (Read 367833 times)

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
Re: New unique items
« Reply #240 on: November 02, 2009, 05:59 »

Do you mean half-imp, or half-cacodemon?

Demons are just relentlessly fast (yet still slower than lost souls).

Dealing 10 to 20 damage, in melee I take it?

Special fire would cause broken shotguns, unless the shotgun code now carries more than three shot types.
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

knlbr

• Lance Corporal
  • yuo is teh doom 'd'd'd
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 02, 2009, 10:38 »

Drilling Tool

a tool that lets you break walls. is an usable item; breaks up to 5/6 walls in a straight line, and is dropped at the end, leaving it vulnerable to explosions then.

would be useful for storming the wall in AoMr/Sh/B... just for the e-peen or something?

UnderAPaleGreySky

• Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Chaos Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 02, 2009, 22:52 »

No. Just no.
Under a pale grey sky, we shall arise.

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
  • Men are from Mars, Women are from Snickers
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 03, 2009, 01:25 »

Former security officer:

"Now this one is a sneaky bastard. Be a man and drop that riot shield!"

Former security officers are like regular former human except for one thing. They carry a riot shield. If former security officer is shot normally (without aiming) then the riot shield takes all the damage, leacing the former security officer unhurt. The riot shield deteriorates as a green armour [100%] [1/1]. The only way to hit the bastard is to aim... so the best way is to kill them with a pistol-like weapon. While aiming, the riot shield doesn't take damage but the former security officer.

Also they are carrying Glock 30 pistol. It has a magazine of 9 bullets, deal 3d3 damage, has accuracy of 5+. Base fire time is 0,8 sec, reload 1,0 sec.

Ah yes, this is the idea I saw somewhere on the forum here...
Ludzie, którzy piją, są dla mnie niczym...

... niczym bracia!

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 03, 2009, 02:45 »

Shotstol
Dmg.:5d3;
Magazine:1;
Spread:combat shodgun;
Acc.:+0(sotguns ignore accuracy);
Pickup quote:'Hmm. Interesting';
Inv. quote:'Is this a pistol or a shotgun?'
So. reload: dualreload;
Ammo: shells;
Sp. fire: aimed(fires like an ordinary pistol with 2d4 dmg)
Special: Gains benefits from Shotyman,SoaG,DG;

The ultimate shotgun pistol! As any other unique pistol don't fit into non AoMr game. As GCB transforms AoMr into chaingun run, this transforms AoMr into AoSh. And if you manage to find 2 of this...Gun Kata makes you invulnerable.
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 03, 2009, 03:09 »

Shotstol

The ultimate shotgun pistol! As any other unique pistol don't fit into non AoMr game. As GCB transforms AoMr into chaingun run, this transforms AoMr into AoSh. And if you manage to find 2 of this...Gun Kata makes you invulnerable.

OoO...I don't know what to say...
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

UnderAPaleGreySky

• Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Chaos Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 03, 2009, 03:21 »

Shotstol

Jesus, that guy DOES have a shitload of ideas...
Former security officer:

"Now this one is a sneaky bastard. Be a man and drop that riot shield!"

Former security officers are like regular former human except for one thing. They carry a riot shield. If former security officer is shot normally (without aiming) then the riot shield takes all the damage, leacing the former security officer unhurt. The riot shield deteriorates as a green armour [100%] [1/1]. The only way to hit the bastard is to aim... so the best way is to kill them with a pistol-like weapon. While aiming, the riot shield doesn't take damage but the former security officer.

Also they are carrying Glock 30 pistol. It has a magazine of 9 bullets, deal 3d3 damage, has accuracy of 5+. Base fire time is 0,8 sec, reload 1,0 sec.

Ah yes, this is the idea I saw somewhere on the forum here...
This, I like.

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 03, 2009, 05:54 »

Quote from: UnderAPaleGreySky
This, I like.

So what are you waiting for? Encourage Kornel to implement the bastard... And encourage me, to get an internet connection at home so I can work on Neko! [:

... niczym bracia!

UnderAPaleGreySky

• Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Chaos Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 03, 2009, 06:17 »

Get an internet connection at home then! :P
The former security officer has the potential for THREE new features :D, new monster, new pistol, new item type!

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 03, 2009, 09:36 »

Former security officer:
Do not want! Seriously this is more of stuff that mods should do - a bit "Too far" for vanilla game IMHO.
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 04, 2009, 01:18 »

Do not want! Seriously this is more of stuff that mods should do - a bit "Too far" for vanilla game IMHO.
Did the vanilla game had revenant launchers that you could equip, Dragonslayer, Trigun, Butcher's Cleaver, Former Commandos, barrels of napalm...

... niczym bracia!

UnderAPaleGreySky

• Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Chaos Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 04, 2009, 01:23 »

While indeed there were former commandos in the original Dooms, we knew them as the lovable blokes with bullets for our chainguns. Now they murder us with plasma rifles. And thats not too far?

(vague agreeing with Melon's statement :P)

Captain Trek

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 04, 2009, 03:40 »

While indeed there were former commandos in the original Dooms, we knew them as the lovable blokes with bullets for our chainguns. Now they murder us with plasma rifles. And thats not too far?

(vague agreeing with Melon's statement :P)

For my money, new monsters are fine as long as they fit in with the existing cast and don't actually replace or cause the removal of an existing monster and indeed, what was the commando (or "heavy weapon dude" if you prefer) in the original game simply became the former captain, while the commando became an HWD with a plasma rifle, something I have no problem with... And why shouldn't there be a few elite formers who are able to play with the big boys? Maybe there should be a former rocket trooper as well...

Anyway, I very much like both the "Shotstol" (though it desperately needs a better name (though the best I can come up with for the moment sadly is sawn-off shotgun)) and the former security officer ideas, though I think plasma and explosive type weapons should be able to "lance through" the shield, causing the SO to take half-damage since, well, let's face it, a former security officer being completely immune to a BFG shot or rocket explosion (the concusive force alone of a high explosive round is considerable) because of a little portable piece of metal seems a little hard to swallow...

Going back to the rocket trooper concept though, that actually gives me a different idea...

Former engineer:

This combat engineer's inventive mind sadly wasn't enough to save him from the demonic hordes... His brain (or what's left of it) now works for them...

Essentially, this former would manifest himself as a green or yellow "h" who would start off with no weapons at all other than punching and perhaps the same Glock the former security officer would use, but would be able to pick up and use any weapon he can lay his hands on (including uniques), meaning that the player could, concievably, find himself staring down the barrel of a nuclear BFG wielded by a former engineer... This would, however, necessitate the player being able to tell what weapon the engineer is carrying and would also necessitate some method by which the engineer could chose which of his carried weapons he'd like to use, all of which is perhaps too complex to be implimented effectively...

UnderAPaleGreySky

• Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Chaos Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 04, 2009, 03:53 »

Wow, that engineer idea sounds pretty cool. Modders, be warned :P.

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 04, 2009, 04:07 »

The former engineer should wield the best weapon in his hands, just as numbers tell:
CK->P->Sh->CSh->DSh->CG->PR->BFG->Chainsaw(they should be on Chained Court!);
As you all talk about unique formers, here take the new idea:

Former Scientist
Dmg:2d5*4(melee)
Inv:None;
Can it open door\use weapon,items: Yes(4 weapons at a time);
'Look' quote:'Did you thought they all are dead? This one has "survived".All his biological experiments  left a mrk on him
and due to tragedy he mutated. Fear him now, as he has 4 hands and 2 brains, full of thoughts how to kick your ass!'

Former commando is the single enemy from DoomRL that doesn't exist in Doom(1 or 2).

As for my scientist,H must be a sign,also might be a weapon user. Fierce enemy, like demon(pinky), and should attack you when he sees you, no matter his gun is loaded or no(charge!).
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 57