Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 08:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 57

Author Topic: New unique items  (Read 367794 times)

bfg9001

• Elder
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: New unique items
« Reply #300 on: December 05, 2009, 10:01 »

I'm sure this has been suggested before, but what about different ammo types?

Armor piercing rounds (obviously) reduce the target's armor when figuring out how much damage an attack did.

Hollow point rounds (or fragmentation rounds, or exploding rounds, etc.) increase the target's armor when figuring out the damage formula, but do more base damage.

Then of course, for different types of ammunition, like rockets, you could have like High Explosive for the extra damage, or Sabot rockets for the armour piercing.

Not sure how it would work for plasma, as plasma already does a lot of damage and already is quite effective vs. armor. Also, some may see this as "unDoomish" but then again most, if not all, of the unique items weren't in the original Doom.

Anywho, that's just my two cents.

Shoop da Whoop

• First Sergeant
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 05, 2009, 16:20 »

Different types of shooting + different ammo = even more of damroll modifiers. IMHO.

Now, maybe this was proposed earlier, but:

Blink thing
Experimental scientific thing that allows you to teleport anything you see! Enemies, barrels, stuff... Youself. But don't forget - it is experimental device.
Firstly, it teleports things to random place (just as usual phase device).
Secondly, teleported object is damaged a bit, 4d3, for example. And teleport on lava or acid is possible too!
Thirdly, it uses many energy cells. Equal to distance between two positions (which is random) is many enough.

How to use: your way is blocked? Teleport it out! Blink thing brings in much more of randomness to the gameplay. Also it will be fun to teleport barrels. Because of damage they will explode! "This will be mess.", yes.

PS: ...and a soulcube-companion. Heh.
Code: [Select]
He had posted some posts.
He waited enough for new version of DoomRL.
He played classic Doom but not passed. He also played rogulikes. And once he found the intersection of these sets...

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 14, 2009, 07:41 »

Point-shooting Shotgun
dmg:0-1*24(If armor is present, it decreases from first n shoots, n=armor).
clip:1, shotgun shell.
reload:1,4 sec.
Sp.rel/fire:N/A;
Special:get benefit from the shotgun and chaingun traits.

Combination of shotgun and chaingun, like Grammaton Cleric Beretta.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 13:38 by ZZ »
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
« Reply #303 on: December 14, 2009, 07:58 »

0d1? Game-Crasher.
It will still only shoot once, since there's a maximum clip of one. The Multiplier is how many times it fires from the clip, not how many times it makes fire from one unit of ammunition.

Why does this remind me of the BeeBee Gun I suggested so many pages back?
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

bfg9001

• Elder
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 14, 2009, 12:18 »

I'm not even sure how much damage 0d1 does. What exactly is the result of rolling a one-sided die no times? Lol.

But if an automatic shotgun is what you're trying to suggest, isn't there already one in the game?

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 14, 2009, 13:43 »

You feel like killing machine!
AAAAARGH, 0d1 ISN'T EQUAL 0-1!!!!!OMG!!!!

You feel more calm.

To be exact, it does EQUAL damage to shotgun, and ignores accurasy, but just no spread and gain benefits from TH. So it's really single-targeted shotgun, useful for shotgunners to become a chaingunner, like GCB transforms a AoMr to crazy chaingun run.
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 14, 2009, 14:22 »

* Madtrixr tries to prevent whats going to happen.
* Madtrixr fails.

* Madtrixr 's head explodes like Hitler's in Bionic Commando.

That sounds utterly useless to me. Why would I use that? I love shotguns BECAUSE they have a spread. Taking it away is taking away what makes a shotgun, a shotgun. If we had different ammo types, this could work, maybe, with slug shells, but otherwise, no. Just no.

Oh, and what IS 0d1? it sounds like 0 damage to me. it doesn't make any sense, because seriously, what does NOT rolling a d1 equal other than zero?

Nice try, but even I think this is just bad.
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

bfg9001

• Elder
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 15, 2009, 00:16 »

... a shotgun that doesn't fire shot.

Alright.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 15, 2009, 00:21 »

Corpses providing alternative shot for shotguns?

Maybe from crafting items...
I computed, therefore I was.

Thomas

• DoomRL Wiki and Testing Ops
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Major General
  • How's it going?
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 15, 2009, 21:33 »

Riot Shield
Exotic Armour
Inevtory Description: These things are built to last! It's a shame it only works in one direction.
Protection Value:[6/6]
Durability:200%
4 protection at 100%, 2 protection at 50%, destroyed at 0%.
Speed Modifier: 20% slower
Knockback Modifier: 50% less knockback

Special: The last direction you fired or moved in is also the shield's "direction". You get full protection in that direction, half protection in the two directions adjacent to it, and NO protection in the other 5 directions.

eg. If the player's last action was firing at something NORTHWEST of them:
Code: [Select]
3@0

Static Cannon
Unique Weapon
Inventory Description: An odd weapon. It doesn't seem to have any way of inserting ammo, just two metal handles.
Damage: 1d7*5
DamageType: Normal
Accuracy: +2
Clip: 10
FireSpeed: 1.0s
ReloadSpeed: N/A

Special: Every time you give DoomGuy a move command, 2 bullets are added to the clip.
Arch-Vile Chaos Major Thomas
[26/26/26/25/9/1]
Medals: 35/43 Specials: 69/67 Assemblies: 36/40

UnderAPaleGreySky

• Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Chaos Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 15, 2009, 23:25 »

An odd weapon. It doesn't seem to have any way of inserting ammo, just two metal handles.
Now where have I heard something like that before.. :P
Under a pale grey sky, we shall arise.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 16, 2009, 14:59 »

Perhaps a Power Fist of some sort, for a melee exotic or unique? Give it some solid damage and a knockback, for example...
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Fanta Hege

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Will it work? I HAVE NO IDEA
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 16, 2009, 15:07 »

Perhaps a Power Fist of some sort, for a melee exotic or unique? Give it some solid damage and a knockback, for example...
Killing Gloves of Boxing.

"My fists, they are made of STEEL!"

Damage: 7d4
Swing speed; 1.2

Special; Each kill you make gives you a chance to go berserk, if you allready have berserk trait, it increases the chance further. If the enemy does not die, it will receive knockback similiar to that of shotguns.
i dont even know anymore

felttippen

• Elder
  • Sergeant
  • hopes for shotgun compatible weapon packs
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 16, 2009, 15:27 »

power fist sounds great!
exotic weapon
uses 1 cell per punch directly from inventory
7d4 sounds ok
appears after dlvl 10-12
alt fire will use, lets say 4 cells , takes 1,5 secs to swing and asks you to confirm destination of knockback of 2-3 squares like this:[color=][/color]

===
                =X=
                  X   B@
                  X

i think the optional knockback feature will make it obviously interesting for players of N! difficulty or to piss of viles.So it will still be worthy to keep prepared after getting LS with
8d8.
please comment about balancability and gamebreakishness

edit: I hereby oficially approve of the one unique suggested by ,err, someguy on like page 10 or so in this thread: the Lasergun from contra/metal slug.He he everytime you shot it in Metal slug your guy had an extremely evil grin on his face and his hair stood up straight.
Also i continue to throw out half baked ideas for uniques while hoping that at least one of my suggestions will make it to the new version.Ill donate soon, i SWEAR!

M203 grenade weapon Pack

damage 10d2 or 4d4
fire time 1,3 secs
uses rockets-blast radius 2 squaares smaller than RL
reload time 1,6 secs
when attached to any weapon itll remove its alt fire and alt reload abilities so it can be operated.(ohno! i cant shoot only one shell anymore from my dualshotty!noooo!)

Spider mines
obviously ripped from SC
comes in packs of threes
damage 6d6
when deployed , mine will burrow and lay waiting, also provide player sight of deployment area in an 4 square radius.
if monsters step near 3 squares of it, itll unburrow and suicide into enemy with blast radius of 4 squares
this weapon maybe undoomish but its just a continuation of my ideas for uniques that divert fire from the player.Passive- aggressive tacticaluniques we might call em.
Spider mines may also work as exotics found after d lvl 16
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 04:36 by felttippen »
[24|19|17|12|5|1]
Archvile  General

drugon

• Elder
  • Sergeant
  • Adventure-seeker @ in the Cyber Dungeon quest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 17, 2009, 01:39 »

Maybe "The Guyver - Bio-Booster Armor"? Armor with high level protection (no less than 4), high regenerative ability (no less than 1hp per move or to 2% per move) and bonus to speed (at least 20%). It can be destroyed, but regenerate by itself and player can't die while it not destroyed. Disadvantages: can not be dismounted and when it will be destroyed (also there can be little possibility of hitting of control module, in this case armor destroying instantly), it will fast kill it's owner. For example - 1hp per turn or 2% per turn. To make it not so brutal: after 100hp or 200% destroyed Guyver stop hurting it's owner and disappear. So, if you have some medkits or if there will be health globes (megasphere or invulnerability globes) near you, it can safe your life.
[BB|SB|GB|PB|DB] 0.9.9.7
[15|05|03|00|00]

If somebody will find grammar mistakes in my posts, please tell me. It's important to improve my English!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 57