Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 02:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 57

Author Topic: New unique items  (Read 367591 times)

felttippen

• Elder
  • Sergeant
  • hopes for shotgun compatible weapon packs
    • View Profile
Re: New unique items
« Reply #345 on: December 23, 2009, 17:40 »

Too... many...
*cough*
must... answer...

-sigh-

allright .it was just my personal opinion.no offense and so on.
short hint:some categories for uniques may be following: N! / Ao100 / berserk fan mode/AoB
I mean not knowing when which type of gamebreaking uniques will appear or their special prerequisites for picking up is cool and adds to the feel of the game.
i personally dont want to know what types of uniques will be present in next version, but i want to contribute my opinions and ideas.So ,whatever .
my english is kinda messed up hence all this stream of conciousness type of random chatter im causing.
So Kornel, how bout that turret idea?

« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 17:53 by felttippen »
[24|19|17|12|5|1]
Archvile  General

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 23, 2009, 17:58 »

Well. if the DS is the base for rarity, then you'll barely find these items. and I have a feeling of the prerequisites to picking any of the items you need to know how to pick up will be about the same as the DS. (which you'll never get out of me)
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #347 on: December 23, 2009, 19:12 »

Turrets? Undoomish.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

felttippen

• Elder
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 23, 2009, 19:43 »

idea: how about not rules but guidelines for this unique request thread.lets try to include either an opinion on a requested unique or a new concept for a unique/exotic/game altering feature.

on a completely unrelated matter-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 10:28 by felttippen »
[24|19|17|12|5|1]
Archvile  General

UnderAPaleGreySky

• Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Chaos Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 23, 2009, 21:16 »

Turrets? Undoomish.
*cough*Dragonslayer*cough*
:P
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 21:17 by UnderAPaleGreySky »
Under a pale grey sky, we shall arise.

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 24, 2009, 00:01 »

Turrets? Undoomish.

Aw, come on! I thought we were past this. Even if you're joking.
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

bfg9001

• Elder
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 24, 2009, 02:43 »

^     Adderal injector 

Do you mean Adderall, or Adrenaline? Not sure that it matters, but I read that Adderall is used for the treatment of ADHD and depression, lol.

Sorry to be such a wet blanket :P

Fanta Hege

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Will it work? I HAVE NO IDEA
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 24, 2009, 04:14 »

Unique power ups eh?

^
Terror Sphere.
Unique

Upon used, this unique power up will add a 'fear' to your enemies. Each time enemies are in your sight radious, they have a 50% - 75% chance of skipping their turn as long as the power up is active.

Lasts for 150 - 300 seconds.

^
Fusion Sphere
Exotic

Upon use, this very rare sphere(rarer then megasphere!) has the effect of two other random power ups chosen from the following; Armor shard, Megasphere, Invulnerability, Berserk, Super charge. Meaning it can grand you for exsample; Invulnerability with berserk, or 200% health with berserk, or 200% health, armor, boot fix with invulnerability etc...
i dont even know anymore

drugon

• Elder
  • Sergeant
  • Adventure-seeker @ in the Cyber Dungeon quest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 24, 2009, 04:59 »

I have a suggestion about difficulty level and uniques. Maybe in AoB, AoM and AoSh suitable unique weapons should meet more often on easier difficulties? More melee weapons (less other weapons) in AoB, more pistols (less other weapons) on AoM, more shotguns (less other weapons) on AoSh. Cause I played AoSh about 10-15 times and didn't find any unique shotguns (well, I didn't find them yet at all), but found minigun two times.
[BB|SB|GB|PB|DB] 0.9.9.7
[15|05|03|00|00]

If somebody will find grammar mistakes in my posts, please tell me. It's important to improve my English!

felttippen

• Elder
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 24, 2009, 05:31 »

@bfg 9001:
adderall is just a common brand name and is used for ADHD treatment and such.
However its highly addictive and the effects of overdose or allergic reactions will be fatal if your body/heart/brain cant take the dosage.
Thats the reason why i called the suggested in game item injector.Think of it as a combat stim-pack for UAC marines and not of the 3mg pill you will get prescribed by your doctor.Of course the name doesnt mattter that much, but the effects on the human body I described in my previous post are pretty accurate.Because Doomguy is widely acknowledged to be a badass type of guy he´ll  most likely be spared by the unwanted side effects, but losing too much health  and so on would increase the inital low percentage.And -Amok is actually a desired side effect which could be guarranteed to kick in if having used the injector and then using inv globe.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 10:25 by felttippen »
[24|19|17|12|5|1]
Archvile  General

Frankosity

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 24, 2009, 05:55 »

I have a suggestion about difficulty level and uniques. Maybe in AoB, AoM and AoSh suitable unique weapons should meet more often on easier difficulties? More melee weapons (less other weapons) in AoB, more pistols (less other weapons) on AoM, more shotguns (less other weapons) on AoSh. Cause I played AoSh about 10-15 times and didn't find any unique shotguns (well, I didn't find them yet at all), but found minigun two times.

Wouldn't really be a challenge if the game made it so your restrictions weren't really restrictive at all.

drugon

• Elder
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 24, 2009, 12:14 »

Frankosity
Even on easier difficulties?
[BB|SB|GB|PB|DB] 0.9.9.7
[15|05|03|00|00]

If somebody will find grammar mistakes in my posts, please tell me. It's important to improve my English!

Frankosity

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 25, 2009, 06:29 »

The very point of a challenge is to restrict or hinder a player in some way, making it harder than a normal game. Altering loot tables to give challenge players an easier time contradicts the point of even undertaking the challenge in the first place.

drugon

• Elder
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 25, 2009, 10:29 »

Frankosity
 It's just a question of numbers. This could be balanced. I just don't see a reason of giving to player absolutely useless uniques.
[BB|SB|GB|PB|DB] 0.9.9.7
[15|05|03|00|00]

Frankosity

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 25, 2009, 17:02 »

I'm not sure you're getting the point.

The point of a random loot table is that it's up to chance whether you'll get something useful or not. Part of the difficulty in a weapon-restrictive Challenge is that all but a single class of weaponry is unavailable to you. This is a vital aspect of the challenge. Messing around with loot tables so a weapon-restricted challenge player is more likely to get their respective Win Button would be missing the point womewhat.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 57