Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 08:06
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 57

Author Topic: New unique items  (Read 367788 times)

drugon

• Elder
  • Sergeant
  • Adventure-seeker @ in the Cyber Dungeon quest!
    • View Profile
Re: New unique items
« Reply #360 on: December 26, 2009, 04:16 »

Frankosity
 But don't you think, that challenge for now is more random because of that? Just as I said earlier, if you find another minigun, this will be useless. But if you get Pancor Jackhammer...
[BB|SB|GB|PB|DB] 0.9.9.7
[15|05|03|00|00]

If somebody will find grammar mistakes in my posts, please tell me. It's important to improve my English!

Frankosity

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 26, 2009, 04:50 »

Of course it's random. That's the point.

bfg9001

• Elder
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 26, 2009, 11:17 »

Although it's gone off topic somewhat, I'm gonna' have to agree with Frankosity on this one. Just because you're playing a weapon-based challenge it shouldn't be more likely that you'll find that type of unique. It's balanced the way it is.

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 27, 2009, 04:01 »

Look, drugon.

It is a roguelike game.

Roguelikes are random.

If you get a unique that doesn't fit your challenge, tough. You just press on and hope for better luck.

At first glance, it seems like a great idea, but it might make it TOO easy, and if I say it's too easy, it might be too easy. (that's starting to become less true with time though.)
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

drugon

• Elder
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 27, 2009, 05:19 »

Well, uniques are rear things. So it can be that you won't find anything sometimes. As I said earlier, challenge can safe it difficulty, if uniques will be rarer while play it. On the other hand, current situation don't seems to me irrational. Cause, I think, one of the main feature of roguelikes is sneer of the player. "Alright, this AoSh I will definitely find Jackhammer or Assault Shotgun. OK, there is something really valuable here. Oh, come on baby, come on!.. F**k, F**K! Minigun! AGAIN!!!". ^_^
[BB|SB|GB|PB|DB] 0.9.9.7
[15|05|03|00|00]

If somebody will find grammar mistakes in my posts, please tell me. It's important to improve my English!

bfg9001

• Elder
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 27, 2009, 12:02 »

Returning to the matter at hand...

I think an interesting addition to the uniques would be the Bolter type weapons from Warhammer 40K. They're fully automatic and fire armor-piercing mini-rockets that explode within the target. Better still would be the "Storm Bolter," a double-barreled fully automatic variant.

It'd be a pain in the ass to balance these sorts of weapons, and would seem somewhat out of place in the game, but it'd be pretty cool to try chain-fire with a massive attack of miniature exploding rockets :)

drugon

• Elder
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 27, 2009, 19:45 »

New type of ammo for bolter?

AoM. Third Minigun... /me hysterically laughing
Same run. Later. Assault Shotgun. >_<
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 14:47 by drugon »
[BB|SB|GB|PB|DB] 0.9.9.7
[15|05|03|00|00]

metroidRL

• Sergeant Major
  • Arch-vile major general
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 30, 2009, 13:35 »

The poweup crate (Exotic)

appareance: ^
it has a random power up inside but also have very bad stuff if you are a bad luck guy

List of powerups found in the crate:

Speed upgrade: your speed is increased by 5% (uncommon)
Firepower upgrade: All your currently weilded (also applies the weapon in prepared slot) weapons get a upgrade of its damage (Ex: 2d4 upgrade to 2d5) (very uncommon)
Chemical proof: you are now invulnerable to acid (it dissapear after go to the next level) (common)
Fire proof: like the chemical proof but now protects you from the lava (common)
Iron curtain: you get an invulnerability globe (uncommon)
Armour upgraded: All your current weilded armor and boots gets a protection upgrade. (uncommon)
BFG9000 crate: Extremely rare... you get a BFG9k
Kamikaze crate: you get a thermonuclear bomb attached in your body... if you die the thermie explodes in the current level that you are in and there is no time limit so don't worry :P. (very uncommon)

And now the bad stuff:

Bomb crate: The crate explodes and you get 25 hp damage (also applies to every enemie who gets caught in the explosion) (very uncommon)
Biohazard crate: The crate explodes and release a very large pool of acid... deals 8-13 damage. (the explosion not the acid) (common)
Firestorm crate: Like the biohazard one but this release lava.... the explosion deals 13-17 damage. (uncommon)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 14:07 by metroidRL »
[24]    [20]   [15]  [07]       [03]
Bronze Silver Gold  Platinum  Diamond
Assemblies: 31/40;  Uniques and Exotics: 56/60;  Medals: 26/42.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 30, 2009, 13:54 »

Regarding the questions recently about new ammunition, I'm hesitant myself. While it technically wouldn't be hard to code in, having specialized ammo for just one weapon is folly if you actually want to use it. Unless it comes with a clip of 30, and each kill with that weapon is a guaranteed ammo drop.

Personally, I would prefer to think about using TWO ammo sources already in the game instead of adding another.
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 30, 2009, 17:23 »

Personally, I would prefer to think about using TWO ammo sources already in the game instead of adding another.
WK + 10mm + Rockets = Cluster rocket?

Sounds strangely like a horadric cube recipe to me...
I computed, therefore I was.

Happylisk

• Backer
  • Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 30, 2009, 23:36 »

Staff of the Arch-Vile.

Resurrects a corpse of your choice within LoS.  Makes you tired.  The resurrected monster will fight other monsters, will not attack you, and will generally try to follow you/stick near you.  Will not follow you down the stairs.  You cannot give it commands.  Resurrecting a monster costs HP:
Former human, sgt, imp, demon: 5hp
Captain,  Cacodemon: 10 HP
Hellknight, Commando: 20 HP
Baron of Hell, Mancubus, Arachnotron: 50 HP
Arch-Viles, Pain Elementals, Revenants, Uniques:  Cannot be resurrected.

Max 3 slaves at a time per level.   

Pick up Quote: Rise from your grave.

Fanta Hege

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Will it work? I HAVE NO IDEA
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 31, 2009, 00:00 »

Suggested a thousand times but here's my version;

The UnMaker.

Damage; 3d3 against former humen, 7d5 against arachnotrons, Revenants, Cybie, (Spidermastermind?), 8d9 against the rest. shots similiar to that of railguns expect do not pierce.
Firetime; 1.5
Reload time; ---
Clipsize; 10
Ammo; CORPSES!
Alt reload; Devour a corpse, fills +1 to clip, takes 1 sec per action.

Quote on pickup; "What the !@#%* is this!"
i dont even know anymore

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 31, 2009, 00:14 »

WK + 10mm + Rockets = Cluster rocket?

Sounds strangely like a horadric cube recipe to me...

The effect I was more getting at was that reloading whatever it is would consume more than one type of ammo, and that said ammo could not be unloaded. I'd personally rather have to carry more of the ammo I love around, than some ammo that will only be useful if I get a certain unique to spawn.

Also, combining rockets with stuff would certainly help with getting rid of those annoying rockets dropped by Mancubi.
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 31, 2009, 02:00 »

Rocket + Cell = Energy rocket, doubled blast?

A Self-Constructing Device

Base Pistol Stats
Special: it can eat infinite number of mods. Every 4-th mod decreases power of mod, but increases chance to spawn a mod. If fire time gets below 0.25 sec/shot, weapon transforms into *4 rapid fire weapon. If chance to hit gets upper +24, agility mods work like a power mod. If dmg gets upper (n)d10 it transforms into (2n)d4.
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Shoop da Whoop

• First Sergeant
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 04, 2010, 10:16 »

Another roguelike reference item: AoLS. Not the "Amulet", but the "Armour of life saving"!

It has stats equal to blue armor ones, also it is unmoddable and exotic.
How does it work: when damage decreases health below 0, then player gets 100 health and message: "Your armor of life saving starts to glow and disappears! You feel yourself better now."
But be quick! Monsters can pick it up too. "Baron of hell suddenly arises from his grave!"
Code: [Select]
He had posted some posts.
He waited enough for new version of DoomRL.
He played classic Doom but not passed. He also played rogulikes. And once he found the intersection of these sets...
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 57