Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 01:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 57

Author Topic: New unique items  (Read 367515 times)

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
Re: New unique items
« Reply #510 on: October 02, 2010, 15:51 »

Shotgun unique, eh?

Chain-Shot-Gun
'And here I thought I was insane'

Type: shotgun, chain weapon
Damage: (3d5)x4
Spread: like normal shotty 
Firing time: 1.0s
Clip size: 40 shotgun shells
Reload time: 2.0s
Damage: shrapnel
Alt-Fire: chainfire
Description: Chaingun that fires like a shotgun... okay, now this is weird.

Why? Why not.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 17:55 by Gargulec »
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Shoop da Whoop

• First Sergeant
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 02, 2010, 20:01 »

In order of new
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
ideas:

Magnetic shotgun!
Don't know about stats. But the idea is: instead of normal knockback we have reversed, just like from imp fireballs. Less distance - more of reverse knockback!
Pickup phrase: "No return for you!"

Pairing this with normal shotgun this will cause enemies to fly back and forth... And die.
Code: [Select]
He had posted some posts.
He waited enough for new version of DoomRL.
He played classic Doom but not passed. He also played rogulikes. And once he found the intersection of these sets...

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 03, 2010, 14:22 »

We already have pistol-chaingun, pistol-RL, BFG-Chaingun, shotgun-plasma hybrids, and have proposed here pistol-BFG, pistol-shotgun, Shotgun-RL, Shotgun-Chaingun hybrids. Which of the valid hybrids are left?
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Simon-v

• Composer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Captain
  • Only Human
    • View Profile
    • The Life and Works of One Simon Volpert
« Reply #513 on: October 03, 2010, 14:55 »

We already have pistol-chaingun, pistol-RL, BFG-Chaingun, shotgun-plasma hybrids, and have proposed here pistol-BFG, pistol-shotgun, Shotgun-RL, Shotgun-Chaingun hybrids. Which of the valid hybrids are left?

The RL-Chaingun and BFG-Shotgun. The RL-BFG hybrid would be utterly boring.
(I made a table to figure it out.)

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 03, 2010, 15:08 »

RL-Chaingun?

Rocketgun
O_o

Damage: (6d6)x4
Accuracy: +4
Blast radius: 4
Fire time: 2s
Reload time: 2s
Magazine: 20 rockets
Alt-fire: chain-fire
Description: I have the strange feeling that whoever constructed it must have been quite... weird

(Funnily, this would not be *that* OP- the ammo consumption rate is just to high)
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Fanta Hege

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Will it work? I HAVE NO IDEA
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 04, 2010, 02:22 »

Imagine that gun, a firestorm mod, 50 rockets and mortuary.
No survivors.

Also while we're at it..

Devastator
"When one missile just ain't enough"

Damage: 4d5
Accuracy: +1
Blast radius: 3
Firetime: 1.5s
Reload time: 1s
Magazine; 9

Fires 3 rockets at a time, lowering accuracy for each and a change to slightly off to otherdirection.

Alt fire; Explodes the other 2 rockets prematurely giving the first rocket +3 to accuracy, 5 extra damage and a powerful explosive trail... which will also hurts the user.

ElectroMagnetic"waver"
"Out of all the things you can find.."

Damage: 2d2
Damage type; Plasma
Accuracy: N/A
Firetime: 1
Reload time: 1s
Magazine; 50, uses cells.

Fires a electric wave infront of the user up to 6 tiles, with a spread of 3 - 5 tiles damaging all enemies hit. The special thing to compensate for the weakness? It can pierce walls without damaging the walls themselves. Each shot costs 5 cells.

Alt reload consumes 25 cells and causes a shock wave to all directions with same power and length.

And now for something completely different

The DemonologyPhysiologisticsTachyonCompasator
"...You lost me"

Damage: ???
Accuracy: ???
Firetime: ???
Reload time: 4.
Magazine; 100, uses cells.

The most weirdest thing you ever picked up. Instead of fireing anything, this weapon fires what ever you last got hit by! Consuming 5 ammo.

Should use the Alt fire you will find all corpses within 2 tiles of you to explode with a power of a fuel barrel consuming 20 cells.

Should you use alt reload you will find yourself in a completely different place in the map, consuming 70 cells.
i dont even know anymore

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 04, 2010, 07:15 »

Virus Gun
Unique Gun
Damage:1d1;
Acc:+2;
ClipSize: 10;
Description: Hopefully those biologists found the way to kill demons.
Special: Every enemy hit with it receives damage each turn. 1 initial +1 for each action. If it gets hit it gets another +1. Valid for first 50 shots.
AltFire: Fires normal 2d4 round;
AltReload: Resets the countdown of the special.

Another random idea.
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 06, 2010, 05:18 »

Shotgun unique, eh?

Chain-Shot-Gun
'And here I thought I was insane'

Type: shotgun, chain weapon
Damage: (3d5)x4
Spread: like normal shotty 
Clip size: 40 shotgun shells
Alt-Fire: chainfire
Description: Chaingun that fires like a shotgun... okay, now this is weird.

Why? Why not.

Oh god...All I can think of is the Shotcycler, and that is not good.

Eightball
Unique Rocket Launcher
Damage:6d8
Acc:+1
Clipsize:8
Description: For when one rocket just isn't enough...
AltReload: Put one rocket into the chamber, up to 8
AltFire: Switch to Grenade mode (rockets bounce for a couple turns and explodes when they hit something or a few seconds after firing)

Just throwing out a UT weapon. We could also tone it down to the Tri-Barrel from UT03, 04, and III, but whatever.
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 20, 2010, 09:46 »

Immortailty Kit
Unique Consumable
Heals you up to 5 HP. Used automaticaly when you're below 1 HP. Makes you invulnerable for 3 moves after use.

C4Cypher

• Corporal
  • Clear Chamber, Load, Charge, Safety, Fire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 20, 2010, 21:10 »

Boomstick
'The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department.'

Type: Unique Double Shotgun
Damage: (8d5)x3
Spread: Tighter spread than Double shotgun, only double damage reduction, rather than triple
Clip size: 2 shotgun shells
Alt-Fire: Fire Single barrel
Alt-Reload: Reload Single barrel
Description: The preferred weapon of the greatest warrior ever known in the fight against the army of darkness, this hunting shotgun inflicts double the knockback that one would expect ... gotta love seeing them tumble like rag-dolls. Groovy.

Edit: I made a pitiful attempt of making this in the sandbox. I don't think the current engine has base modifiers for modifying knockback modifiers (aside from the damage) ... like it does with the armor's knockback reduction. I think this might be scriptable, but I'm not yet comfortable with lua or the engine's hooks. I also struggled with the weapon flags, as to which combination would produce the primary and alternate fire and reload actions to emulate the double shotty, but I'll still submit what I have here for the sake of completeness.

Ignore the stats and flags, just the game text ... I was hoping for something with a little more damage than the doubleshotty, with a little bit tighter spread, just wider than the combat shotgun.  (not quite so much damage as the super) That and double the knockback effect per damage as other weapons. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 14:39 by C4Cypher »
Cacodemon Warrant Officer
[12/6/1/0/0]

Thomas

• DoomRL Wiki and Testing Ops
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Major General
  • How's it going?
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 05, 2010, 22:04 »

Quote from: Myself, a month ago
An exotic/unique that increases dodging would be pretty cool, but if we did get one then we'd also need a regular item that does it. You can't just say "Oh yeah active defense is a possibility on Nightmare! now that we have a 1 in 50 shot at getting the Ninja Garb"

Ninja Garb
Exotic Armour
Description: A comfy, stealthy suit. It really is easier to dodge those fireballs with this on.
AC: 0
Durability: 100%, roughly the same 'HP' as blue armor
Move penalty: +5% (that is, you move a tad faster)
Special: Increases the chance of your sidesteps working by 10% (additive, so 50% becomes 60%)

Purple Armor (I guess 'Kevlar Jacket' or something would work?)
Regular Armour
Description: This stuff is even less protective than your standard-issue equipment! Although, it does look good for getting around quickly.
AC: -1
Durability: 100%, roughly the same 'HP' as green armor.
Move penalty: +10%
Special: Increases the chance of your sidesteps working by 5%

White Armor (I don't know a good GRITTY REALISTIC TOTALLY NORMAL name for this one)
Regular Armor
Description: The sides of the armor seem to deflect attacks. Perhaps that will make dodging easier?
AC: 1
Durability: 100%, roughly the same 'HP' as blue armor
Move penalty: -10%
Special: Increases the chance of your sidesteps working by 10%

Jetpack
Unique Armour
Description: You've been trained not to run while shooting. They didn't say anything about flying, though.
AC: 0
Durability: Invincible
Move penalty: +30%
Special: Every time you do a non-movement action, you move in a random direction anyway. This forces you in to 'running mode' forever even if you're tired and unequiping it will make you tired.

EDIT: Added 'White Armor' to the post as a more midgamey alternative to 'Purple Armor'.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 22:24 by Thomas »
Arch-Vile Chaos Major Thomas
[26/26/26/25/9/1]
Medals: 35/43 Specials: 69/67 Assemblies: 36/40

rchandra

• Elder
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 05, 2010, 22:18 »

those armours are pretty neat!  I'm sure I'd get many Jetpack-related deaths.  I'd hope that the jetpack grants flying (no lava/acid damage) though!
0.9.9.1-4: Arch-Vile Br. General [25/25/17/5/1]
0.9.9.5-7: Hell Baron Major [ 21 16 12 4 1 0 ]

Stormlock

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 13, 2010, 23:38 »

Hmmm, some ideas:

Monkey Claw
Unique Weapon
Type: Special
Damage: (67d1)
Spread: None, but auto hits what you aim at, like the Revenant rocket launcher.
Firing time: 0.0s (Yes, really)
Clip size: 5 fingers.
Reload time: N/A (Cannot be reloaded)
Damage: Plasma
Alt-Fire: None
Alt-Reload: None
Description: Seems dangerous. Better be careful how you use it...
Special note: Imparts juggler when wielded, so swapping back from it when it's empty doesn't waste any time.

Damage is high enough to kill a Baron in a single shot, but not an Arch-Vile (Though it'll be damned weak.) A cool and very useful item to have, but won't change the rest of your game the way the most powerful uniques do. 0 firing time means it's useful even if you're surrounded, as long as you're willing to burn through your shots or can switch quickly and just need to take out a key enemy.

---

Elixir

Type: Exotic Consumable

Grants Supercharge, 3 turns of invincibility, and 10 turns of berserking. For when you need to take on 40 barons at once with your bare hands.

Description: Just like that flask dad hid in the grandfather clock...

---

Asura

Type: Unique Melee
Damage: (8d5)x1/x2/x3
Firing time: .5s/1s/1.5s
Damage Type: Normal
Alt-Fire: Switches modes between single strike, double strike, and triple strike. Takes no time.
Description: Painful to hold. A frightening sword not of this world.

Special: Drains 1 HP per strike. Increases movement speed 10%

Was inspired by SaGa Frontier and the Grammaton Cleric Barretta. Would be nice to have a unique melee weapon you wouldn't necessarily use for every swing after you pick it up, and switching modes is fun. Technically does more DPS than any other melee weapon. Of course, it has it's drawback.

---

Sat. Linker

Type: Extreme Artillery

Damage: (12d12)
Spread: Radius 12. Or one, for alt fire.
Accuracy: +6
Firing time: 0.0s
Clip size: 50 cells.
Reload time: 4.0s
Damage: Plasma
Alt-Fire: Snipe shot, hits a tiny area target, uses 12 ammo instead of 100.
Alt-Reload: None
Description: Seems to be some sort of artillery targeting system. That's odd, it's showing everywhere you point it as a valid site.

Special: Ammo drains entirely if you don't fire it immediately after loading it. In other words, you have to reload it from a position where you can fire it from. Of course, if your target walks in at just the right time or you can fire it blindly into the distance, it's practically a certain kill on a massive scale. Unless something kills you while you reloaded. Intuition 2 would sure be handy. And reloader 3 would almost make it not suicidal to fire at an enemy that can see you. Almost.

Deathwind

• Colonel
  • HMP Angel of Patience 0.9.9.4
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 14, 2010, 00:06 »

Those first three sound ok but the last one...

I think the monkey paw thing should be able to kill a vile as one of it's wishes.

The elixir's invincibility should be 5 turns, berserk for 15 (as there is a overlap), if that's too strong make the effect a large med kit.

Asura could be abused for move speed with juggler in a non-melee game.

Your version of an up-link cannon doesn't make sense in an underground base, looks like it was designed for style not function, and doesn't even hold enough ammo for it's std fire.
v.997 [16/5/2/0/0]

Stormlock

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 14, 2010, 00:58 »

Forgot to edit it back when I was toying with how much ammo it should use. Normal shot should be 50 ammo.

And obviously, the satellite simply blasts through all the floors above you. Well, it makes at least as much sense as invincibility orbs anyways. But you're right, it's easily the poorest suggestion of the group. I just had the idea for a weapon you need to wait stationary before firing like that and couldn't think of anything else that fit that premise.

Balancing the elixir is really tricky. Invincibility lets you plant a nuke without having to find the powerup, and berserk on demand is pretty much a free kill if it lasts long enough and you have a chainsaw, especially if it supercharges. The basic function is kind of like the monkey paw too: helps get through those horribly sticky situations, like certain special levels or just using your last phase and ending up in a room with 2 viles and 4 revenants.

Abusing the Asura with juggler seems like a fair trade considering you'd be getting a trait that otherwise is doing nothing for you while blocking off your swap weapon.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 57