Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 01:13
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 57

Author Topic: New unique items  (Read 367518 times)

s0ulman

• Backer
  • Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: New unique items
« Reply #660 on: July 14, 2011, 11:27 »

Demolition Mod
A unique weapon-only mod that maximises damage roll for every shot (like on AoMC).
[24/21/11/2/0]
Arch-Vile Major

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
« Reply #661 on: July 14, 2011, 22:09 »

The Demolisher
Exotic Rocket Launcher
6d6 [5/5] Unmoddable
Pickup: "Warning: Do not fire in close quarters."
Inventory: A Bazooka from Spartan Manufacturing
Special: Blast Radius is 8
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 22:11 by raekuul »
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

Zeleny List

• Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 30, 2011, 12:03 »

Lava Surfboard
Unique *boots*. Allows you to surf the lava!

Huge movement buff when surfing the lava - but in cost of some knockback and accuracy!

Notes: Moving on ground/acid/water with this equipment not possible - lava only! Indestructible.
EDIT: Well.. any thoughts? Is it just a piece of crap? Tell me!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 19:05 by Zeleny List »

FrostyTheDragon

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 30, 2011, 14:33 »

Flamewall
Unique Rocket Launcher
8d6 [3/3] Unmoddable
Pickup: "They'll bury you in a lunchbox, hellspawn!"
Inventory: The name 'Ballistikraft' is etched on the side... what the hell?
Alt-Fire: Aim at ground.
Special: This gun consumes 3 (!) rockets PER SHOT.

Notes: The Flamewall's area of effect works differently.  When firing normally, the rocket goes 3 squares out.  If it hits something before it reaches that, it does minimum damage.  At the fourth square, when the rocket strikes the ground, it turns into a wave of fire, starting from length 3 at the fourth square, to length 9 (!) at square seven.  Said wave travels some more distance (I haven't determined this yet, although the original kept going until it hit a wall last I remember) before dissipating.  The alt-fire basically starts the wave off right at square one, hitting maximum spread at square four and going from there.

Lastly, I haven't come up with firing or reload times, so ammo per shot is the only way I can prevent overuse.  And that may not even be enough ammo spent to balance the way this works.

FrostyTheDragon

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 05, 2011, 19:48 »

Time for me to finally submit something that ISN'T from Rise of the Triad.  Be warned, though, this still needs some fleshing out to be both true to the source AND workable in DoomRL (yes I care that it's both).

Sword of Omens
Unique Melee
7d6 fire (unmoddable)
Alt-fire: Sight Beyond Sight: Increases dodge chance by 30% and allows dodging to work regardless of movement circumstances (as in, you can dodge even if moving parallel to the line of fire).  Lasts for 10s and tires the user out afterward.
Special: Increases armor by 2 while either equipped or prepared.

Notes: The reason Pickup and Inventory quotes aren't yet supplied is because in both cases, I want to quote the series that is the origin of the weapon (in case you don't know, this thing's from ThunderCats) without being too blatant, and/or possibly break the fourth wall by wondering what this thing is doing around all these hellspawn.  Since I didn't already have quotes prepared, I chose not to supply any of my own just yet, rather than submit a crap one and ruin an idea.

My excuse for the free armor is, well, the sword's sheath is actually an arm shield (claw shield if you want to be REALLY technical).  Maybe this would work better if it was ONLY while the weapon was prepared, and not actually the equipped weapon?

Also, why does this thing do fire damage when it's very much a physical blade, you may ask?  Simple.  I note in at least the 2011 version of ThunderCats that the sword is capable of cutting through stone very easily.  And yet, I don't want this doing plasma damage as then it's too much of a kid brother to the weapons in Unholy Cathedral.  Giving it fire damage (which can destroy walls) is my compromise in this regard.  (If you're familiar with this weapon in its sources and plasma damage is actually more justified, please let me know.)

Lastly, I'm working on trying to find evidence of this sword reflecting magic attacks in its own series (either the original or the 2011 version), as that's what I REALLY want with the alt-fire - reflecting enemy projectiles.  If I can't find that, what you see here is one alternative.  The other is a blast of energy (I want to avoid this if I can because it'll be too much like the Cathedral weapons again).

All in all, what I'm trying to develop here in terms of game stats is a weapon that won't entirely replace the Cathedral weapons, but may be worth keeping around even if you have them.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 20:31 by FrostyTheDragon »

Angles of death

• Second Lieutenant
  • HOLD. DEVILS. POT OF TEA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 05, 2011, 20:32 »

Spinal Staff
Artifact(?) staff thingy
Damage: N/A
Pickup: "A shiver runs down your spine!"
Inventory: There's something strange about this staff...

Using this will put you in a state of invulnrability. You'll be immune to other attacks but it costs 5 permanant health and drains 1 health point (not permanantly, though) every turn until the invulnrability  runs out or you hit 1 health. Using this makes you tired. It can only be used once in each level, you'll have to wait for the other level to use it again if you use it.l. The invulnrability lasts as long as an invulnrability globe. Having this in your inventory stops the health drain from the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I was thinking of suggesting this to be put into the City of Skulls, but I think that makes it a bit too easy to get.
...........A...A....M...A.....V
......V.............@......A..>
........V....V..C....B....B..A
Take a look to the sky just before you die it's the last time he will!!!

DeathDealer

• Elder
  • Sergeant
  • Less Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 01, 2011, 07:32 »

New assembly:

Phase knife (Sniper + Technical)

Damage:    3d4/3-12
Average Damage:    7
Damage Type:    Physical
Accuracy:    +5
Clip Size: 1
Ammunition: Self manufactured (1 per 2 actions)
Alternate Fire:    Throw (Range 8)
How to get it:    Assembly (Sniper + Technical)
Quote on pickup:    N/A
Appearance:    \
Ingame Description:    Covered in circuitry it seems to barely exist except for a wicked arc of shimmering plasteel.
Comments/special:    Ignores armor. Range of eight squares. Never leaves equipped slot. Cannot be thrown until ammunition recharges.

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
« Reply #667 on: September 04, 2011, 13:29 »

Angles: Modify the Spinal Staff so that it lasts until either your health reaches 1 HP or the regular Invulnerability Time wears off, and so that you can't use it if you have a current HP of 1.

DeathDealer: That's a little weak for a modded Combat Knife.
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
« Reply #668 on: September 04, 2011, 13:45 »

DeathDealer: That's a little weak for a modded Combat Knife.
I think the point is that it can be thrown infinite times (since it always stays in your hand) but is melee, and so is made for melee-based games or AoB.

(BTW, addressing your sig: there are some master traits that can take both TaN and EE now.)

Phase knife (Sniper + Technical)
Damage Type:    Physical
Comments/special:    Ignores armor.
As a matter of fact, there's a new damage type called piercing, which completely all resistances and protection, so you can just use that. (In addition, "physical" has been split into "bullet" and "melee", just FYI.)
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
« Reply #669 on: September 04, 2011, 17:16 »

I think you accidentally a verb there somewhere, Hunter. And even then, it still looks a little weak to be using a Combat Knife, the Sniper Pack, and a Technical Pack.

Fanta Hege

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Will it work? I HAVE NO IDEA
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: September 04, 2011, 18:43 »

So I recall there hasn't been many unique boot ideas;

Boots of Polarity
"Emits a weird aura"

[1/1] durability
0% speed
0% knockback

Special; Whopping 25% to all resistances.

Basicly, nothing special for being boots boots, however, extreemly nice for more defense.

Reference; HoM&M3
i dont even know anymore

Ander Hammer

• Elder
  • Major
  • burst laser rifle (2d10)x7 [80/80] (H1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 04, 2011, 23:39 »

Though I understand the intent, I think right now the resistances given by boots apply only to hurtfloors.
Hell Baron Major
[25|20|11|2|0]
Quest: bronzes/silvers i guess
[Inferno] ITYTD Win

Uranium

• Greater Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Heavier Than A Death In The Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 05, 2011, 08:30 »

Meteor Armour (exotic)
2 armour value, 10% bullet and melee, 50% fire resistances.
When it becomes damaged (when you receive the message "Your meteor armour is damaged!", produces a rocket explosion centred on you (this hurts you, but then you've got fire resistance, haven't you?)
When it is destroyed, produces a shockwave pack explosion on you.

Useful for berserkers.
Use power for power.

ParaSait

• Baffen :P
  • Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Happy Little Boozer
    • View Profile
    • MPSF
« Reply #673 on: September 06, 2011, 19:14 »

+ Vile Skull
A unique Skull item, which has the effect of reviving every corpse in your view (minus the ones that archviles cannot revive either), but the enemies will fight on your side and stay near you. Probably complex to implement since it'd need code to let enemies fight each other if not yet present... but hey, doesn't it just sound like such an epic idea? :D

! Demolition Ammo Chain
We have specials of like every type of thing now, so why not of the new ammo chains? This is an ammo chain which contains ammo that works as if your weapon had a demolition ammo mod.

+ Protector
When this item is used, it will spawn a protective robot on your side, which attacks enemies with a few plasma shots if one is sighted by it. It's ignored if it's in your own line of fire. It's tough to destroy too, but it will not follow you to the next level.

^ Doomsphere
(Originally from skulltag) This exotic powerup will make the screen go red like a berserk pack, and for as long as it lasts it will double the damage you deal. (in ST it's quad damage, but this is probably overpowered in DoomRL :P)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 19:29 by ParaSait »
[18|7|3|0|0|0] [MED:13/43] [SPE:36/67] [ASM:11/40]

Check out my epic youtube channel!
Currently playing The Bard's Tale and System Shock 2 (coop with GrAV1t)!

Ander Hammer

• Elder
  • Major
  • burst laser rifle (2d10)x7 [80/80] (H1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: September 07, 2011, 22:03 »

+ Vile Skull
! Demolition Ammo Chain
+ Protector
^ Doomsphere

Neat ideas, sure. Could even add a rare, unique ammo chain that pretty much works like it's nano-modded, though I don't know how overpowered it would be to have a bottomless magazine, albeit one that has to regenerate.

Why not just make it a Quad, though? Could make the powerup and screen brown, since there's only one other brown powerup, iirc. Have the powerup be rare and short-lived. It would be hard enough to get dangerous enemies clustered nearby, yet not able to punish your dash for the quad.
Hell Baron Major
[25|20|11|2|0]
Quest: bronzes/silvers i guess
[Inferno] ITYTD Win
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 57