Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 09:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57

Author Topic: New unique items  (Read 367836 times)

Evilpotatoe

• Backer
  • Major
  • Lost Soul corpse
    • View Profile
Re: New unique items
« Reply #825 on: April 23, 2013, 14:41 »

Are any of the new uniques inspired by this topic ?
I guess you can find the answer by checking the 54 previous pages :p
Anyway, good ideas are often a source of inspiration, so I think it's never lost.

I like your idea, but 1st version, "death preventer" looks too easy for me (even if cells are quite precious). Would rather be something for survivalist trait.
The second one isn't much original, imo, so I'd opt for a third version, with numbers around thoses ones :
 - heals 1 hp for 2 cells on each use. Use time of 0.7 second, so that using it isn't too dangerous, but healing remains slow.
 - cursed, non-modable "weapon".
I think it wouldn't be an incredible item, but could have some use when you're really short of medpacks, or in AoI. AoMs sould not be able to equipp it, for obvious reasons. (which puts a stupid restriction in the game
Badges - [26/26/26/22/9/2] - 42/43

zenfur

• Corporal
  • Huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: April 23, 2013, 15:51 »

I'm glad to have inspired you.

I don't like the exact version of my suggestion, so I posted it in 2 versions and I hoped someone will improve it. I agree (and I wrote that) that 2nd one isn't original at all.

Although I am not certain about transforming cells into hp, as it can be easily farmed (in AoD, or N!) and even you haven't got any meds, you can keep some former/archatron corpses in a butchery and go there to restock your healing when things go wrong. I wanted to make it med pack dependant, and somewhat of portable god-mode (considered it not so OP as we already have berserk/invul globes). Another approach was steady healing. Your reinterpretation may be better in my view, but it still needs some tweaks imo.
[0.9.9.7G][20/15/10/5/1/0]
19 different medals
Hell Baron

Sereg

• Chaos Acolyte
  • Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Angel of Overconfidence
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: April 29, 2013, 22:10 »

In the vein of anime themed weapons, how about a Giga Drill, with Giga Drill Break on the alt fire?
[26|22|23|15|15|2]
Cyberdemon Chaos Colonel

Medals - DRL 27/43 | XA 16/31

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
« Reply #828 on: April 30, 2013, 19:13 »

Mind statting that and giving us a better explanation of how that would work?
----
Hell Raven's Arm
{

"Looks like a black pole... thing..."
Holds 6 rockets at once
4d7 fire damage
Splash Range 6, 1.0 fire time
Altfire: Splash Range 9, 2.0 fire time
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

Sereg

• Chaos Acolyte
  • Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Angel of Overconfidence
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 30, 2013, 20:05 »

Gonna have to be balanced anyway, right?

Ah well, just for fun:

Core Drill
/

"A tiny drill of unknown composition, pulsing with a greenish light..."
5d4 melee
Alternate fire: Giga Drill Break - deals 10*Clvl Piercing damage to one target. Causes fatigue and permanently drains 250*Clvl XP.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 20:09 by Sereg »
[26|22|23|15|15|2]
Cyberdemon Chaos Colonel

Medals - DRL 27/43 | XA 16/31

BGT2011

• Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: May 01, 2013, 21:11 »

Mind statting that and giving us a better explanation of how that would work?
----
Hell Raven's Arm
{

"Looks like a black pole... thing..."
Holds 6 rockets at once
4d7 fire damage
Splash Range 6, 1.0 fire time
Altfire: Splash Range 9, 2.0 fire time

Not orange?
...though I guess in some depictions a certain sun-throwing hell raven's Fancy Cannon is black...

Speaking of a certain sun-throwing hell raven and her Fancy Cannon...
I wanna try with a similar(?) weapon and related armour and boots:
Yatagarasu's Third Leg
{

"The Third Leg grants the power of control over fission and fusion"
Self-charging, holds a maximum of 63 ammunition, cannot be manually loaded or unloaded, gains 1 ammunition per user action when not firing or altfiring.
Cursed, equips on pickup
Chance of finding in depth 17+
Damage: (6+n)d6 fire damage, radius 3+n, where n=number of consecutive altfires before firing, 1.0 fire time. Chance to turn tiles within radius into lava.
Altfire: (6+n)d6 fire damage, radius 3+n centered on player, where n=number of consecutive altfires, 1.0 fire time. Chance to turn tiles within radius into lava. Increases damage and radius of normal fire per altfire to a maximum of 11d6 and 8 radius. Successive altfires increase the damage by 1d6 and radius by 1 (first altfire shot causes 7d6 fire damage with radius 4, centered on player, second causes 8d6 and radius 5, next causes 9d6 and radius 6, etc.) and are double the ammunition cost of previous altfire (first altfire costs 2, next costs 4, next costs 8, etc.) to a maximum of 5 consecutive altfires. Sixth consecutive altfire or first altfire to result in a negative ammunition value will cause fatigue, discharge the weapon, set the ammunition to 0, and nuke the level.
Part of set 'Yatagarasu's Curse'
Complete set allows user to survive nukes
On pickup: 'Looks like a good whacking stick'
If Eye of Yatagarasu and Left and Right Legs are equipped, on pickup: 'They said I could be anything I want, so I became a sun god'

Eye of Yatagarasu
[

"The eye of a sun god"
Indestructible, 4 protection, grants +95% fire and +50% plasma resistance
Cursed, equips on pickup
On pickup: 'It's real hot...'
If Yatagarasu's Third Leg and Left and Right Legs are equipped, on pickup: 'They said I could be anything I want, so I became a sun god'

Yatagarasu's Left and Right Legs
;

"The Left Leg grants the power of fusion, the Right Leg grants the power of fission"
Indestructible, 4 protection, grants immunity to lava and +50% acid resistance
Cursed, equips on pickup
On pickup: 'Even Hell is cloaked in Chernobyl's shadow'
If Eye of Yatagarasu and Third Leg are equipped, on pickup: 'They said I could be anything I want, so I became a sun god'

Balance? what is that?

lmaoboat

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: May 01, 2013, 21:56 »

Palsma Rifle:
Pickup text: "The initials J.S. are etched into the side."
4d4 x 3 plasma damage.
Accuracy + 0
Gives intuition 2 effect.
Description: "But now in the space station base of the UAC... he knew there were demons."

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
« Reply #832 on: May 02, 2013, 19:39 »

The Yatagarasu set... is it Indestructible like the Angelic set or Impervious like something that's been Onyx modded? Because the former would be closer to balanced.

Also take out the nuke at negative ammo, it's way too exploitable when coupled with the nuke resistance.

Speaking of nukes...

Mini-Hakkero
+

On use, fires a 100d1 railgun shot with plasma damage in each of the four cardinal directions. Mostly because the Master Spark is next to impossible to recreate within the engine (but a Nondirectional laser is easy enough to fake)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 19:44 by raekuul »
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

Fanta Hege

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Will it work? I HAVE NO IDEA
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: May 03, 2013, 13:26 »

so how about some dark souls

Iron And Sun Plate
"Praise the sun!"
[5] protection.
no durability, 20% fire resistance.
-20% speed.
"Someone seems to have painted a silly looking sun to this armour"

"Leggings of Artorias"

[2]
-80% move speed
-50% knockback
30% resistance to both acid and lava
every tile walked on turns to acid.
"The corrosive dark of the abyss leaks with every step of this heavy footwear.."
i dont even know anymore

Sambojin

• First Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: May 03, 2013, 18:56 »

"Weak-sauce"

Shotgun.
Normal spread, 7% drop-off.
1.0 sec fire time, 1.0 sec reload time.
1 shot magazine, uses 1 shell.
1d3 damage.
Level range 4+

"A shotgun that shatters the pellets into bird-shot upon firing. Little more than a nuisance to demons."

Basic use of the weapon is to radar scout and corner-shoot/scout without popping barrels. Massively useful for any build, horribly over-powered (but not in the same way as other weapons), and extremely easy to implement. Newer players may think it's a joke weapon, but anyone who's destroyed a heap of good items or blocked a lot of passages with lava will realize just how good this is. 1 damage will always set off monster AI, but you'll still have all the items around them. Maybe change the damage to 2d3 or 3d3 so it's not too good at what it does.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 19:05 by Sambojin »

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Twisted passages carry the smell of dapperness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 04, 2013, 02:14 »

I think you're overestimating the impact of exploding barrels. Enemies dying in a fire with little ammo investment and no danger to player is worth more than any destroyed items...
Arch-Vile Mjr General [24/19/18/8/2] (0.9.9.7)

Quote from: thelaptop
Dude... we need to change your forum handle from "Klear" to "Klear Nukem".

Sambojin

• First Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 04, 2013, 16:23 »

Good point, but there's every other kind of shotgun for that. I thought the Weak-sauce would make for a different style of shotgun but still using the same shotgun rules. It's still powerful to a degree, but because of it's weakness in combat, not it's strength. Just a different take on the "uber-weapon-'o-death" that sometimes gets suggested.

I'd still be inclined to think that I've died a few times due to blowing up medi-packs, health-spheres and super-chargers. Many of which I probably never knew were there. I thought I was doing a good thing by blowing up unseen monsters with unseen barrels, but a bet a hell of a lot of other things got destroyed at the same time. Things I really could have used.

aka_Cthulhu

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 11, 2013, 23:55 »

I have half on an idea, not even sure if this is even possible.

So I remember the acid spitter, and I thought "well, what about something that uses the dead bodies of your enemies?"

Like, a corpse spitter, perhaps? You can reload the gun/cannon by standing on a corpse. Main mode of firing launches all the ammo, and it'd hit like a rocket with splash damage, as well as covering the floor with blood. Alternate fire would be a weaker shot, hitting a single opponent for a fraction of the ammo cost.

Equality

• Second Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 12, 2013, 05:34 »

my opinion - not new uniques, but delete some of existent. If RNG so favorite and one of uniques spawns, it must be really GOOD thing. Not a junk like Mjolnir, or Flack shotgun. Or rebalance them.
And keep chances equivalent: if exist unique pistols like GCB, Trigun, AFJ - then must exist 3 of unique shotguns (not only Jackhammer) and unique rapid-fire 10mm like minigun.
Once advanced DoomRL player
Find mysterious sword Dragonslayer
Say "Best thing ever found!" and start jumping around...
But he can't get the sword from the ground

Shoop da Whoop

• First Sergeant
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 04, 2013, 07:52 »

Prowided by Bizzare and Useless Weapons Shoppe.

Duckfoot
Counts as double shotgun; opposite direction of improvement: instead of increasing spread cone in length (as in super shotgun), we increase width!
Code: [Select]
.......x
......xx
...@.xxx
....xxxx
...xxxxx
..xxxxxx
.xxxxxxx
....xxxx
....xxxx
....xxxx
...@xxxx
....xxxx
....xxxx
....xxxx
"Hitscan", to say so. IIRC, something less crazy with 45 degree spread was proposed, yet never done. OP since damaging pellets from Doom aren't implemented (yet?), but diferent cones are yet to be played with. For more clarification and less silly name it can be assembly called "sawed-off double shotgun" (like in Fallouts).
He had posted some posts.
He waited enough for new version of DoomRL.
He played classic Doom but not passed. He also played rogulikes. And once he found the intersection of these sets...
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57