Chaosforge Forum

• April 27, 2024, 22:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: An Idea of mine.... the BPD....  (Read 11221 times)

bfg9001

• Elder
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: An Idea of mine.... the BPD....
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 18:17 »

pwn3d

RepoRipper

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 18:04 »

srry i havent been on in a long time.... anyway the point is the gun is like a reactor. and as to leakage... it doesnt. and if u tried to cause a leak, it would immediately explode... nice sabotage attempt, Colonel Crispy! the hitting part isnt a big problem, its like handleing a lance... except that lances don't have a grip halfway down the weapon so u can lug it like a minigun. at the least, the needle will give the enemy something to worry about between firings... hey! make it a melee weapon, and its secondary fire is the insta-kill with recharging. also, you say they metabolize plasma.... so why does the BFG and the Plasma Rifle do a dam thing to em? (BFG uses plasma ammo, so it must fire some kind of plasma blast)... for that matter, their plasma is probably not the same kind of plasma that we use. and as to not being cellular... thats not the requirement. the plasmatter virus (it isnt really a living virus, its virally spreading Plasmatter... not alive, so it can't mutate) spreads along growth. even the slowest of growth forms will do. if a crystalline entity gets hit by this, it burns. because it grows. even a demon has to have some form of growth, just to be able to heal its wounds. (that growth is probably twisted to the point of breaking, but...) the virus is basically plasmatter that transfers along growth, it does NOT reproduce, if anything it dwindles down... when it cannot spread. in half of a second, the virus will burn through the target and dissipate into the energy it was born from. the only way to infect yourself really is to be touching when it injects. as for burning, its PLASMA not fire. not hellfire either. and if plasma cant hurt some demons, why do they go down at the touch of a plasma rifle? note, Cybie is prob resistant (though not immune...) to this stuff, considering how hes mostly robotic. as for arch viles, id LOVE to see the look on an arch viles face as the virus incinerated its way through his flaming blood! after all, i dont care if your the worst demon to walk out of hell just to pick a fight, unless your the Devil himself, you WON'T survive if you have a SUN flow through your entire body! as for non-gory, it takes a split moment for the targets body to vaporize when it gets hit by the virus. imagine blood boiling out just before it evaporated. it isnt unbalancing... sure u can kill 1 guy, but thats not much help when ur surronded by corpses and 2 archviles.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 18:19 »

For God's sake, linebreaks! :D
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 21:10 »

As much as I am all for... customized... weapons, I feel contractually obligated to point out a number of flaws in the design.

1) What is keeping the virus from atomizing the containment device by its very temperature? Plasmatter runs in the same
temperature range as the surface of the mignervjcking SUN! How the HELL do you contain that within semi-mundane METAL ALLOYS?

2) Okay, so finding some way of saying that the Arch-Viles made the weapon is an easy enough way to get around #1. There's still the problem of this being the equivalent to a mignervjcking thermonuclear device going off in your hands once the virus starts to multiply. Or did you miss the part about how plasma can cause the very air to ignite?

3) Even beyond that, this is still a weapon that you would only use once... making it a melee weapon allows it to be used on the one creature that is not meant to be killed with anything other than a knife/Butcher's Cleaver, chainsaw, or bare hands - thereby destroying the purpose of "Complete Angel of Berserk" advancement requirement by granting easy access to Loningus.
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

Angle of Death

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2009, 00:42 »

1. there are 3 kinds of railguns. one is seen on Stargate: Altlantis ; ultra-fast firing weapon that shoots some kind of slug. this is the "real" Railgun, or at least this is what the military calls a railgun. 2nd, the kind used in Doom, and also in Quake 3 Arena, and a few other games i can't recall, which is basically a handheld particle accelerator that fires a blast of plasma at insane speeds, allowing the weapon to penetrate anything. i am reffering to the DoomRL version of this form. 3rd and finally, the most common science fiction Railgun, the magnetic accelerator. this is the one you are talking about, which uses electromagnetic "rails" to accelerate a metal slug when a current is passed through the rails, pulling the bullet with an intense magnetic force, accelerating it to such speeds as to allow the slug to punch through walls and other obstacles with ease. there is a 4th, extremely rare version of the railgun that is precisely what the name suggests ; it fires a heavy metal rail somehow, which can penetrate and stay stuck, with its length making it like trying to pull a metal pipe out of a person, if you have ever seen Terminator 2, you know what that looks like. as i said, this 4th one is very rare. i cant remember where i saw it, but i don't think i saw it more than that one time.

A railgun is an induction-based weapon that accellerates an aluminum slug (that drives a heavier penetrator) along two metal "rails" hence the name. In thery, such a weapon would be both more powerful and faster firing than a weapon fired by chemical explosives.
Pages: 1 [2]  All