Chaosforge Forum

• April 16, 2024, 04:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Angelic Armor - funny bug  (Read 5124 times)

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
  • Men are from Mars, Women are from Snickers
    • View Profile
Angelic Armor - funny bug
« on: February 08, 2009, 13:16 »

First off, like Olejniczak said, Welocome everybody!

Second, let's get to the point.

Actually this bug is actually because of my fault (that's what at least I think).

Anyway, when I get to the mortuary, defeat everyone, pickup the Angelic Armor, the game crashes. I don't remember wheter it happens when I pick it up, or check my inventory.

The funny thing is, that the game works fine on my WinXP 32-bit on 32-bit computer.

But the game on WinXP 32-bit BUT 64-bit computer.

I don't know wheter this should be considered a bug, but if you have a same configuration as me (yeah, I only had original 32-bit version), don't pick up the Angelic Armor or your progress will be lost. Take care.

EDIT:
A funny thing just happened. I just started DoomRL and I was able to "Continue Game". And I can see the Angelic Armor. I just put it on. Strange (I remember saving the game somewhere around level 11 of Phobos Base, now I am on level 7 of Phobos HELL). And I see the special exit to Mortuary :D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 13:21 by Melon »
Ludzie, którzy piją, są dla mnie niczym...

... niczym bracia!

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
Re: Angelic Armor - funny bug
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 13:29 »

If it happens again, post the error message.

Are you running 0.9.8.10, or one of the new betas?
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 13:36 »

0.9.8.10. I resigned entering the mortuary this time (it would be a second time in one game ;)

... niczym bracia!

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 16:39 »

The funny thing is, that the game works fine on my WinXP 32-bit on 32-bit computer.

But the game on WinXP 32-bit BUT 64-bit computer.

I don't know wheter this should be considered a bug, but if you have a same configuration as me (yeah, I only had original 32-bit version), don't pick up the Angelic Armor or your progress will be lost. Take care.

Hello, Melon! First of all: i always was playing DooMRL on Win 32 on 64-bit machine (before i switched to Win 7. Yes, DooMRL works on Windows 7, 64-bit, and it works fine!), and it did not crashed after picking AA. I dunno what caused that bug, but i'm almost sure that it's not the machine.

EDIT:
A funny thing just happened. I just started DoomRL and I was able to "Continue Game". And I can see the Angelic Armor. I just put it on. Strange (I remember saving the game somewhere around level 11 of Phobos Base, now I am on level 7 of Phobos HELL). And I see the special exit to Mortuary :D

Yup, game does autosave on crashes sometimes. Lucky for you that it saved the AA.
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 04:01 »

Blade: I thought that that might be the problem, because when i have the 32(System)/32(Computer)-bit combination the game never crashes on me. But it happened twice in a row on 32/64-bit configuration. Guess I will try to do that again and see what happens. You know, it's kind of frustrating when you wipeout all the arch-villes, get the Angelic Armor as a reward, pick it up and then, WTF?

Off-Topic: You are using Windows 7? A brave one. Just when I got my notebook I quickly downgraded to WinXP.

... niczym bracia!

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 04:58 »

Soon deadline will be over for me, and then i will have some time to test too.

Continue off-topic: Win 7 is not Vista. It looks like Vista, uses Vista drivers and many services, but it has a lot of things improved compared to it. I have it installed for a month already, and i left my previous OS, XP, as a second/backup OS, to which i will revert in case if something won't work/something will annoy me on 7. But there was no single moment, when i'd think that i'd better did something on XP.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 17:02 »

* Kornel Kisielewicz waits for stable Win7 to be able to skip Vista altogether xP
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 06:18 »

I guess month of work without a single BSOD, or unrecoverable crash, that required me to reboot, can be called pretty stable.)

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 06:35 »

* Kornel Kisielewicz waits for stable Win7 to be able to skip Vista altogether xP
If only I wasn't semi-contractually obligated by my school to stick with Vista until I graduate, I'd do so too.

(Goes back to getting killed in the Arena. 27 Scums and counting...)
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.
Pages: [1]