Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 18:36
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: when i shoot someone pointblank with shotty, i expect it to die.  (Read 5616 times)

ultimate26

• Backer
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile

ive been unloading 2 shotty clips on a random weak worker or warrior and they just dont die....

hows the damage system work? i shoot people with the magnum and they take "light damage"...

i want to blast stuff all over the place, not just shoot hopelessly! i wish it was closer to doomrl in terms of combat, because i like the ammo and life interface and all the rest of the HUD system.

just that it seems like fighting is a chore

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile

These are aliens. You do not expect them to be the same as humans, do you ?
They may be animals to you, but for me they are much more intelligent than you would imagine ...

Workers may seem to be an easy target, but in reality they are not.

Few tips (aka L2P):
- do not try to kill heavy armored targets with shotguns;
- Workers are heavily armored ;P ;
- Warriors' armor is not that heavy, but do not expect to kill them in one shot;
- shotguns shine when used against multiple soft/medium targets;
- do not allow Aliens to get to you at point blank range (general rule);

Newts Revenge

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile

i shoot people with the magnum and they take "light damage"...

Depends where you hit them, right?

When it says I "barely scratch" or "lightly hit" an alien, I take it to mean that my shot has just nicked them. When you "perfectly" or "critically" hit something, I take that to mean drilled right through the chest or head. To more reliably get better shots in you need to buy better weapons skill levels.

i want to blast stuff all over the place, not just shoot hopelessly!

That comes later in the game when you have high skills or heavy weaponry, or both :)

AliensRL is very much about combat tactics. It's all about working out the most efficient way to deal with your enemies. Often that means manoevering them how you want them, or even not fighting them at all (doors are like your 4th weapon). You also need to know the different types of alien well as there are big differences in how you should approach fighting each type.

- do not allow Aliens to get to you at point blank range (general rule);

Actually I find that when using a pulse rifle with low weapons skill level, waiting until aliens are at point blank range is the best tactic for anything except a worker or elite, as it makes almost certain that one burst will kill them. Usually you shouldn't let them get that close, but you shouldn't shoot from too far away either, as it wastes ammo.

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile

Actually I find that when using a pulse rifle with low weapons skill level, waiting until aliens are at point blank range is the best tactic for anything except a worker or elite, as it makes almost certain that one burst will kill them. Usually you shouldn't let them get that close, but you shouldn't shoot from too far away either, as it wastes ammo.
I reserve Pulse Rifle ammunition for Elites mostly, as the rest of Aliens can be killed using almost any weapon.
I kinda agree about point blank on low weapons skill level, but it is dangerous in a long way - especially against multiple Hunters :P .
Pages: [1]