Chaosforge Forum

• April 25, 2024, 10:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: AoB Armour Choices  (Read 5248 times)

Toan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
AoB Armour Choices
« on: March 18, 2009, 03:50 »

So, you're waltzing through AoB. Dropping ammo left right and center and ambushing all of those Barons. Then you come across 2 armors. Necro and Basic Red. What do you chose and why?

I'm thinking red, because health is at a premium......but idk. Also, if you have 1% hp, and necro is at 98%, will it kill you?

thanks in advance
Cacodemon Sergeant
[11/3/1/0/0]

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
  • Men are from Mars, Women are from Snickers
    • View Profile
Re: AoB Armour Choices
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 06:28 »

So, you're waltzing through AoB. Dropping ammo left right and center and ambushing all of those Barons. Then you come across 2 armors. Necro and Basic Red. What do you chose and why?
F*** that! True slavian berseker doesn't use any armour! Armour is for pussies!
Ludzie, którzy piją, są dla mnie niczym...

... niczym bracia!

rekenne

• Elder
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 07:08 »

Both and alternate.
Necroarmor is nice at times, due to that you can easily heal it at the end of levels - run around in it before a berserk pack or a LHG and its at full HP.

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 13:59 »

Or better, I would give the armour to Cybie, so the fight would be at least fair ;P

... niczym bracia!

Toan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 02:07 »

yes, but armor is for people like me, who DON'T want to die before they max out beserker, TAN and get the chainsaw. I haven't played AoB as much as to get past lvl 10, but from what i see, Necro is gonna be hard to use due to the fact that weapon users get more shots on you before you can get to them and those damn imps don't get baited by ammo. Barrels FTL
Cacodemon Sergeant
[11/3/1/0/0]

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 02:29 »

yes, but armor is for people like me, who DON'T want to die before they max out beserker, TAN and get the chainsaw. I haven't played AoB as much as to get past lvl 10, but from what i see, Necro is gonna be hard to use due to the fact that weapon users get more shots on you before you can get to them and those damn imps don't get baited by ammo. Barrels FTL

OK, seriously, I would go for the Necro if you have Longinus Spear and Berserk trait. This way you don't loose much health (in Berserk you don't seem to get much damage) and Necro armour will regenarate providing you with even more protection.

If you do not have such traits, Red Armour.

... niczym bracia!

Toan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 02:33 »

OK, seriously, I would go for the Necro if you have Longinus Spear and Berserk trait. This way you don't loose much health (in Berserk you don't seem to get much damage) and Necro armour will regenarate providing you with even more protection.

If you do not have such traits, Red Armour.

Lo...Lo...Longinus Spear?! i have never made it to wherever you get the spear in any game. Ever. It looks hard. I mean, come on! no melee weapons? crazy! well, i guess the reward is enough......
Cacodemon Sergeant
[11/3/1/0/0]

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 05:30 »

Loningus spear is long.

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Lessee...

TaN(3) + Longy + Necro = 3 + 6 + 6 = 15.

Archvile has nothing on you, and Cyb will have a shitload of trouble.
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

Toan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009, 03:16 »

Loningus spear is long.

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Lessee...

TaN(3) + Longy + Necro = 3 + 6 + 6 = 15.

Archvile has nothing on you, and Cyb will have a shitload of trouble.

weeeeell.....all that armor does look nice.....but.....do you save 1 hp per armor, per shot? or how is armor done? i can't tell, and if armor's the way to go, then i'm all for it.

thanks
Cacodemon Sergeant
[11/3/1/0/0]

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 16:51 »

Armor reduces damage taken per hit based on current armor rating, down to a minimum of 1.

This is why stuff like the BeeBee Gun (16 shells dealing 1 dmg apiece in a shotgun spread per turn is very fun in a hacked game) is more likely to be game-breaker than the Nuclear Plasma Rifle

----------------
Now playing: Jethro Tull - Dangerous Veils
via FoxyTunes
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

tehtmi

• Programmer
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2009, 17:18 »

When I was investigating boots, I found their durability loss formula to be 1% * [(base damage) - (boots armor rating)] (with a minimum of 1% per hit).  I would guess armor works the same way, but I haven't tested it.

What does this mean for necroarmor?  If an archvile hits you for 12 damage (average according to the wiki), the armor blocks 6 of it, and takes 1% * (12 - 6) = 6% damage.  The armor would subsequently take 6 health to recharge (the wiki says its 2 health per 1% but I suspect the editor confused health with %health).  For larger hits, the necroarmor can even give you a net loss of health compared to NO armor...although the damage is spread over time.  For smaller hits, the necroarmor fares better, but still isn't that impressive especially because of the aforementioned 1 damage minimum.

Of course, this is making the assumption that I understand how the mechanics work.

EDIT: I don't mean to say the necroarmor is never useful... rekenne's suggestions are good.

EDIT 2: Oh, and the necroarmor will stop regenerating itself when you are at 1 health.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 17:26 by tehtmi »

Toan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2009, 18:27 »

awesome, thanks. Does anyone get Ironman for AoB?
Cacodemon Sergeant
[11/3/1/0/0]
Pages: [1]