Chaosforge Forum

• April 16, 2024, 04:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Stuff about morale and running  (Read 8915 times)

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
Re: Stuff about morale and running
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 16:10 »

I would rather think that the marine would have to worry about the morale, not the 2m high Hell Knight hurling acid balls around the place.
Anyone played Call of Cthulhu, Dark Corners of the Earth? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QThupRf79Ro

I played. CoC: DCotE is simply awesome. But this two games are so different and are based on so different gameplays that i believe that it's possible to say that they're direct opposites of each other. Also it's the reason why any kind of stealth actions cannot be in DooM.
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
  • Men are from Mars, Women are from Snickers
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 01:08 »

I would rather think that the marine would have to worry about the morale, not the 2m high Hell Knight hurling acid balls around the place.
Anyone played Call of Cthulhu, Dark Corners of the Earth? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QThupRf79Ro

I played. CoC: DCotE is simply awesome. But this two games are so different and are based on so different gameplays that i believe that it's possible to say that they're direct opposites of each other. Also it's the reason why any kind of stealth actions cannot be in DooM.
Nah, I am just saying that it is our Doom Marine that should be scared, having blurry visions and being unable to hold the gun properly, that's all [;
Ludzie, którzy piją, są dla mnie niczym...

... niczym bracia!

Lowtierhero

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 12:07 »

I think the ability to run indefinitely when over 100% life could be incredibly overpowered

Hellrunner 3 + Shottyman + Badass 3 would be unstoppable.

Well, except maybe by weapons that don't miss.

rekenne

• Elder
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 16:31 »

A level 9 character that's really powerful in only certain situations toward end game, during which there are a lot of no miss enemies?
That's ... pretty specific. And not that overpowered.
Though, once Badass becomes 1 level (Which the beta has, iirc), I'll give that it's OP.
Pages: 1 [2]  All