Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Badass  (Read 3172 times)

Toan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Badass
« on: March 31, 2009, 04:55 »

I've been using badass and liking it quite a bit, and while it's not something that shows up immediately, like SoB or HR, it means you can survive longer, with a bigger pad of life. Which means you can have a game where you have lots of life and armor and can just tank everything (or almost everything). But why don't people do this more often? or am i just getting the wrong impression, that people use badass all the time?
Cacodemon Sergeant
[11/3/1/0/0]

Visalos

• First Sergeant
  • Former Imp
    • View Profile
Re: Badass
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 06:00 »

Sometimes knockback is all that will save you, it's like a square or three of running like hell for free, if you don't count the cost of the barrel/plasma glob exploding in your face.
The demons will never forget the Marine who charged -screaming- through seven layers of hell wearing nothing but a nuke and blue boots.

Toan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 02:12 »

Sometimes knockback is all that will save you, it's like a square or three of running like hell for free, if you don't count the cost of the barrel/plasma glob exploding in your face.

True, the knockback reduction is something i overlooked. a curse and a blessing. Because, if you are a shotgun player, then you don't really want knockback, you want to be in their face. But at level 10, you could have this full defense character with something like

TAN->TAN->Bad->Bad->Bad->Iro->Iro->Iro->TAN->HR

or something like that. At 200% and 3 ironman, you have 160 hp.
Cacodemon Sergeant
[11/3/1/0/0]

Dervis

• Nightmare Berserker
  • Elder
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 12:48 »

I take 1 point in Badass when already over lvl 10 and i got at least 2 ironman, but i do it mostly for it's knockback effect. I also find that 1 point slows the depletion quite enough thank you.

Of course that's different when playing Angel of Masochism when all the extra Hp counts.

Anarchic Fox

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 18:53 »

Lowtierhero

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 17:13 »

I find Badass to be incredibly useful for Angel of Impatience, since you'll need all the life you can get to make up for the loss of medkits

however, I don't see it being exceptionally useful in (most) of the other games. Maybe Angel of Masochism? I'm still at Demon Lieutenant rank. ):

EDIT: Concerning shotguns, while reduced knockback is cool, you can still use them from a distance andyou're definitely more likely to put points on the ever-important Shottyman.

Visalos

• First Sergeant
  • Former Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 14:57 »

badass is really nice for necroarmor.
The demons will never forget the Marine who charged -screaming- through seven layers of hell wearing nothing but a nuke and blue boots.
Pages: [1]