Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 12:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Help Wanted!  (Read 72230 times)

Cyber Killer

• Elder
  • Sergeant
  • cyberpunk
    • View Profile
    • CK's site
Re: Help Wanted!
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 12:23 »

Right now I am starting the Prata's book on programming in C++.
A really good book, I highly recommend it.

As for the help, I forwarded the info to my sister, who is an artist, she might try to get one of the art positions ;-). As for me I got too little spare time to help out myself.

rekenne

• Elder
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 16:35 »

Hrm.
I could probably do the Java one, depending on how much time I have over summer. AKA, if I get a job or not. We'll see about that one, shortly.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 03:06 »

As for the help, I forwarded the info to my sister, who is an artist, she might try to get one of the art positions ;-). As for me I got too little spare time to help out myself.
That'd be too good to be true :).

I could probably do the Java one, depending on how much time I have over summer. AKA, if I get a job or not. We'll see about that one, shortly.
That'd be great! If you have feel free to contact me.

To All : I updated the list with candidates, remember that it's not "one-per-position-slot", and I'd love to get all the help I can get. May weekend is coming (in Poland there are some free days during that period) so I'll be posting updates.

To All Coders : Please provide me with your SourceForge account ID's. If you don't have one, maybe now's the time to register one :).

at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2009, 03:44 »

Also I strongly suggest reading both "Thinking in C++" tomes.
I recommend "The C++ Programming Language" by Bjarne Stroustrup.

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2009, 07:03 »

I recommend "The C++ Programming Language" by Bjarne Stroustrup.

It is a "must-read" book, imho. But only after you get used to the language a little.
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11

Dakin

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2009, 14:20 »

Hello
I could give a hand with graphical UI things, tiles and such.
I am after art university (painting) and was doing quite a lot small graphics like icons, tiles etc.
Fixed some graphics of some games that I've found bit lacking.

And I love pushing those small graphical tiles to their top.

Got nothing better to do atm so I can think of this.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 01:29 »

Why not try submitting something to the logo thread? ( http://forum.chaosforge.org/index.php?topic=1951.0 ). It'd be a nice showcase of your skills :)
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Kg

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Celestial Horizon
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2009, 03:41 »

And again, everybody forgot about musicians.
* babul chokes while crying.
Maybe in the future we could include DoomRL's own music? I know that you'll say that sucks, because it won't be Doomish, but maybe we should leave that choice to the players - and if still not, maybe I'll do some re-recordings of doom music, because every cover I heard over the Net is still lacking something ;p)

Or maybe some custom menu music (that would be in MIDI) and leave rest like it was? Current menu music is rather short..
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 03:45 by babul »
Hell Baron 2nd Lieutenant
[22|11|4|0|0]
Latest: Eagerness Bronze

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2009, 04:04 »

Musicians! :D

No nobody forgot about the musicians. An open topic for example is music for Berserk! and DiabloRL. The first one should be based around Susumu Hirasawa's "Murder" and the latter around the original DiabloRL soundtrack...
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
  • Men are from Mars, Women are from Snickers
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2009, 04:06 »

And again, everybody forgot about musicians.
* babul chokes while crying.
Maybe in the future we could include DoomRL's own music? I know that you'll say that sucks, because it won't be Doomish, but maybe we should leave that choice to the players - and if still not, maybe I'll do some re-recordings of doom music, because every cover I heard over the Net is still lacking something ;p)

Or maybe some custom menu music (that would be in MIDI) and leave rest like it was? Current menu music is rather short..
Why would that suck? It sucks because you say that we would say that it will suck, although you haven't heard from us.
Ludzie, którzy piją, są dla mnie niczym...

... niczym bracia!

Kg

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Celestial Horizon
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2009, 08:41 »

Yea, I haven't but... you know, Doom music is so legendary that completely removing it would be not so player-friendly, but if you like the idea, it's fine too ;P Maybe someday it'll be decided in some pool.

You know, in theory it could go like 'own music, own monsters, own weapons' and we have no longer DoomRL; I just missed the point, because music in doom is just like monsters - better have good old Cyberdemon than Mechademon or Big Bad Monster 2000.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 08:44 by babul »
[22|11|4|0|0]

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2009, 08:58 »

Yea, I haven't but... you know, Doom music is so legendary that completely removing it would be not so player-friendly, but if you like the idea, it's fine too ;P Maybe someday it'll be decided in some pool.

You know, in theory it could go like 'own music, own monsters, own weapons' and we have no longer DoomRL; I just missed the point, because music in doom is just like monsters - better have good old Cyberdemon than Mechademon or Big Bad Monster 2000.
Not the Doom music, but Pantera, Metallica, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Slayer, Alice in Chains music is legendary

... niczym bracia!

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2009, 06:24 »

Help still wanted, all positions open! ^_^
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Kg

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Celestial Horizon
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2009, 12:42 »

I agree Melon, that's a ripoff but it's some composition work too, so let's say that Doom music is legendary thanks to all bands you mentioned (and to composer, but not as much) :D
[22|11|4|0|0]

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Help Wanted!
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2009, 09:54 »

And now it is time for a word from out sponsor:

I joined Kornel's neko! project and I must say, my programming skills in C++ improved a lot. Participating in such projects motivates you to work harder and to improve yourself. At first it was little difficult, but with Kornel's help, I managed to fill the "blanks in my head". Now I am writing test for basic core of the neko! library.

Anyone, who wants to improve his/her programming skills, should join the project. Not only this will speed up the release of the new library (which allow you guys to actually see those pink daemons attacking you instead of the 'c' character) but also you will gain valuable expierence. Kornel will gladly help beginners, so they quickly can perform some of the task. I also offer to help, at least, with my knowledge.
Do you know what SVN is? Trac? Have you ever tried to write something bigger then the cout << "Hello world!\n"; programme? If not, consider joining. If yes, then you should join right away [:

Not only that, all who participate in neko! project automatically joins the "Doughnut Thursdays" party! Everyone is obliged to buy a doughnut... and eat it!

And remember, do not ask what neko! can do for you, ask what you can do for neko!.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 09:57 by Melon »

... niczym bracia!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5