Chaosforge Forum

• March 18, 2024, 22:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Help Wanted!  (Read 71939 times)

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
Re: Help Wanted!
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2012, 14:46 »

Things are a little hectic right now, but yes, that would be very welcome!
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

RylandAlmanza

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2012, 22:14 »

Hi. I've just started playing DoomRL, and am looking for a way to help out. For the time being, I will be figuring out how to mod DoomRL, and after this posting a new modding tutorial on the wiki. I'd appreciate it if you would consider me for the following positions, as I have all the skills needed:

Web Administrator
Web Programmer
FreePascal-aware Linux Programmer
C++ Programmer
C++ Linux Programmer

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 12:11 by RylandAlmanza »

Nightshade

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Corporal
  • 3D Artist/Mobile game dev.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2012, 14:57 »

Hello

My name is Martin and I'm a 27 year old game developer.
I'm interested in the position as a UI artist. I would love to design and create the UI for Doom RL - and wouldn't mind doing some other 2D work as well (tiles or whatever).
I'm a professional who have studied 3D art/game development and worked with several game projects - both educational ones, mods and more professional ones... even developed a AAA-title when I worked at Avalanche Studios (makers of Just Cause).
Currently I'm working full-time as a graphic artist for Polarbit - a developer of mobile games and middle-ware - so I think that this project would be very suitable for me... for several reasons:
-My strengths are texturing, 2D and graphical design.
-I have a good understanding of game development and seeing things from both the developer's and player's view.
-I've been looking to work for a mod team, or found my own one, but been kept back by my full time job. A light project such as this one would be perfect.
-I'm interested in getting more practical experience with 2D-art.
-I'm a genuine fan of retro games (I played Doom, Quake and all the classics back in the 90's!) so finding this game via moddb.com was quite a treat.
-I'm a real photoshop guru.
-I'm used to working against deadlines, using sub-version software such as SVN, working according to scrum and so on...

Last but not least, my portfolio:
www.martin.dahlin.net

It's a bit out-dated (haven't really uploaded anything new for a couple of months now) but it shows a bit of what I'm capable of.
CV, contact details, education, etc is all there at the site.

Let me know what you think. Thanks
/Martin
Invisible Man in a Fluorescent Suit

RylandAlmanza

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2012, 15:18 »

Hi. I've just started playing DoomRL, and am looking for a way to help out. For the time being, I will be figuring out how to mod DoomRL, and after this posting a new modding tutorial on the wiki. I'd appreciate it if you would consider me for the following positions, as I have all the skills needed:

Web Administrator
Web Programmer
FreePascal-aware Linux Programmer
C++ Programmer
C++ Linux Programmer

Thanks!
Now that I have more time, I'll expand upon this post.
Web Administrator:
I have great knowledge of Linux, PHP, and Ruby, and have been the system/web administrator of several projects (Some mine, others for other people.) I would do just fine with all the responsibilities and example tasks you listed.

Web Programmer:
I also have great knowledge of PHP, Python, and MySQL. I'd really have a lot of fun writing the scoreboard and player database (I love writing file parsers!) if you will let me!

FreePascal-Aware Linux Programmer:
Linux and me are best friends! I understand proper Linux application behaviour/packaging, and have a basic knowledge of FreePascal (Not enough to be a full FreePascal programmer, though.)

C++ (Linux) Programmer:
I have plenty of C++ skills, and have worked with Boost (Though not extensively.) To be honest, I've never played with STL (Unless you meant SDL, in which case I have plenty of experience.) As mentioned a couple times already, I'm very familiar with linux, and I'd love to work on the Neko library!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 16:21 by RylandAlmanza »

Sambojin

• First Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2012, 17:32 »

I'd be happy to pitch in for graphics work, both web and in-game tiles. For what it's worth, I used to do a bit of programming in TP years ago, so while I'm not putting my hand up for programming work, I've got a pretty thorough knowledge of what does and doesn't work from a graphics->programming standpoint, especially on "older" style graphics. The things you can do with some colour cycling and programmer-reserved colours in a palette is amazing. Graphics and programming should always work hand in hand. Tiles ain't just pretty ascii replacements when done correctly.

So, yep. I'll be happy to pitch in with both tiles and web graphics for all current Chaosforge products and the NewIPRL that may be looming.

I can also do a bit of muso work if necessary. Pretty basic stuff, but sound is sound. Actually, my music is more-so nicely repetitive sound than actual music, but I'd be happy to help out if needed.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 17:36 by Sambojin »

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2012, 19:24 »

OMG! Sambojin, contact us at IRC #chaosforge @ quakenet.org. This is God-sent!
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Sambojin

• First Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2012, 21:37 »

Will do, but not immediately. Think of me just rocking up to work late. I've got a few days of work currently (4pm until midnight) so I'll have to do that. Real life work and money, but I'd love to do some spriting and tiling for free. Give Mr Yu a yell and see if he wants to chuck the occaisional thing into NewIPRL. A design doc is all we need...... A spriter doesn't just make itsy-bitsy graphics, we help make good games look pretty. That needs good graphic coders to work with spriters. I learnt everything I know from making sprites in a similar fashion to Derek's work. But yeah, I'm in. Hopefully we can get a framework going so both coders and graphics makers can work hand in hand.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 21:40 by Sambojin »

Sambojin

• First Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2012, 22:04 »

http://forum.chaosforge.org/index.php/topic,5854.0.html Way less whingy than before.......

This topic. It's not just for graphics people, coders can put in their 2 cents as well. It's ChaosForge. There is a shit load of talent, so it deserves discussion. Graphics are graphics. Code is code. They're all pretty. Why seperate them?

I like pretty, sparkly things. That's why I'd do tiles and sprites for ChaosForge..........
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 02:00 by Sambojin »

Sambojin

• First Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2012, 02:11 »

And my HydraIRC just doesn't want to connect to Quakenet. I'll just randomly post and annoyingly msg you. Because I can.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2012, 05:36 »

I use HydraIRC as well, and can have issues connecting. Try several different mirrors until you find one that works for you.
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]