General > Discussion

Roguelikes for the DoomRL Soul

(1/6) > >>

Anticheese:
Hi, This is a 50% off-topic post (The other 50% being that all the other Roguelikes have nothing to do with doom)

So here is the big question:

What Roguelikes would you reccomend to the DoomRL Community?

Entry's must include a working link and brief review.

So I will kick this thread off with Gearhead Arena

--

http://gearhead.roguelikedevelopment.org/ (Under Gearhead 1 - Get the Windows ASCII version.)

Gearhead Arena is a neat game by Joseph Hewitt (You may recognise that name from the DoomRL Credits) that is set in the far future, It is post-apocalypse in the sense that the Earth got nearly blasted to pieces a few thousand years before the story starts, But what matters is that the earth is now a happy place, Full of trees, Flowers, Lovely oceans and of course: Giant robots.

Thats right, You get to own and operate your very own Mecha.

I'll let you guys see for yourself.

Dont give up on your first game, It has a steep leaning curve but an even greater platau of fun!

--

Now, Share your reccomendations!*

*DoomRL does not count.

sn0rb:
Rogue- the one that started it all, naturally!

Mike's Adventure Game (MAG)- Rogue with all the kinks worked out. (Much more likely to work on a modern computer than the original Rogue.)

Ancient Domains of Mysters (ADoM)- Rogue with a plot. =p

Decker- I don't know if this counts, seeing as it's not ANSI graphics, but still. It's a psuedohacking game based on Shadowrun 2e. Quite fun ^_^

Malek Deneith:
ADOM (Best rougelike - ever)
T.o.M.E (Close second - based on Lord of the Rings ... has a multiplayer versian called ToMEnet O.o)
Dungeon Crawl (Larges selectable races/classes number...)
DiablRL(If Kornel ever finishes it ;) )

JimmyJ:
IVAN- A good rougelike with tiles!

Hey can some eople start putting links in here?

Kornel Kisielewicz:
Quoting: MalekADOM (Best rougelike - ever)
You traitor ^_^.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version