Chaosforge Forum

• March 29, 2024, 00:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: SoB on Railgun  (Read 3621 times)

Chambz

• Private FC
    • View Profile
SoB on Railgun
« on: June 02, 2009, 12:45 »

I just found the railgun on my chaingun run and wondered if it gets the same benefits that a plasma rifle does from SoB. i.e. does each of the 5 ammo it uses get the +1 damage. I am thinking no, but I thought I'd ask. Thx

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
  • Men are from Mars, Women are from Snickers
    • View Profile
Re: SoB on Railgun
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 13:13 »

I do not about the shotguns, but besides that, each bullet does extra damage, depending on you SoB level. So if you have SoB level "x", and have a chaingun that deals [ 5 * 1d5 ] damage it actually deals [ 5 * (1d5 + x ) ]. This applies also to rocket launchers, plasma guns. I am not sure if meele weapons also...
Ludzie, którzy piją, są dla mnie niczym...

... niczym bracia!

Kg

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Celestial Horizon
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 01:47 »

It applies - SoB gives you +dmg and +dmg melee I think. Or maybe that's Brute? xD Happy day :}
Hell Baron 2nd Lieutenant
[22|11|4|0|0]
Latest: Eagerness Bronze

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 05:27 »

I do not about the shotguns, but besides that, each bullet does extra damage, depending on you SoB level. So if you have SoB level "x", and have a chaingun that deals [ 5 * 1d5 ] damage it actually deals [ 5 * (1d5 + x ) ]. This applies also to rocket launchers, plasma guns. I am not sure if meele weapons also...

It applies - SoB gives you +dmg and +dmg melee I think. Or maybe that's Brute? xD Happy day :}

You both are definitely answering not to the question that Chambz asked. xD

I just found the railgun on my chaingun run and wondered if it gets the same benefits that a plasma rifle does from SoB. i.e. does each of the 5 ammo it uses get the +1 damage. I am thinking no, but I thought I'd ask. Thx

For sure - even i don't know. But imho it works like with BFG. It eats 40 cells, but fires only one shot, and SoaB applies only one time.
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
  • Men are from Mars, Women are from Snickers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 06:00 »

You both are definitely answering not to the question that Chambz asked. xD

As I said, "I do not know about shotguns", and Railgun is definitely not a shotgun
Ludzie, którzy piją, są dla mnie niczym...

... niczym bracia!

Chambz

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 11:02 »

For sure - even i don't know. But imho it works like with BFG. It eats 40 cells, but fires only one shot, and SoaB applies only one time.

Yeah, I was thinking that it uses 5 cells and shoots only once, meaning that it applies the bonus only once. But it's so good that it doesn't really matter. I killed city of skulls with it and ended up with more ammo than I started. >:D
Pages: [1]