Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 04:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: I've been playing lots of DooM 2 recently... [Doomishness]  (Read 14248 times)

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
  • Men are from Mars, Women are from Snickers
    • View Profile
Re: I've been playing lots of DooM 2 recently... [Doomishness]
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2009, 00:09 »

*BLAM*
Why yes, you did die today. Would you like your possessions identified?
y
Ludzie, którzy piją, są dla mnie niczym...

... niczym bracia!

Thomas

• DoomRL Wiki and Testing Ops
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Major General
  • How's it going?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2009, 23:49 »

Gonna put a couple more ideas in here. Someone's still reading them right?

Gib deaths:
If you die with -10 or less HP, you let out the higher pitched scream as opposed to the normal one.

If you manage to do twice the damage normally required to kill an enemy (eg kill a human using 20 damage, when 10 is enough) then their death sound is replaced with DooM 2's gib sound (DSSLOP), and they leave a pile of gibs instead of a corpse. This could maybe stop Arch-Viles from ressurecting them.

Nightmare:
Too many people are beating nightmare now. Add in the other special feature DooM 2's nightmare had: Reduced fire delay. Make all enemies fire with half or maybe even a third of the normal delay, but reload and move at normal speed.

If this is included, you might want to look in to the late game ranks, because nightmare would become almost impossible to beat and everyone would be a general forever.

Arch-Vile Chaos Major Thomas
[26/26/26/25/9/1]
Medals: 35/43 Specials: 69/67 Assemblies: 36/40

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2009, 05:01 »

Gib deaths:
If you die with -10 or less HP, you let out the higher pitched scream as opposed to the normal one.

+

If you manage to do twice the damage normally required to kill an enemy (eg kill a human using 20 damage, when 10 is enough) then their death sound is replaced with DooM 2's gib sound (DSSLOP), and they leave a pile of gibs instead of a corpse. This could maybe stop Arch-Viles from ressurecting them.

+. But without the resurrection prohibition.
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
  • Men are from Mars, Women are from Snickers
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2009, 08:57 »

Gib deaths:

+

To make it more funnier, the "ghost bug" from original Doom could be implemented :D
Ludzie, którzy piją, są dla mnie niczym...

... niczym bracia!

Zi

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2009, 22:59 »

Why not?  Playing so much N!, I'd rather than we did have a way other than liquid floods to prevent resurrection in really tight situations.  If you're fighting a crowd of strong monsters, it's likely that they're resurrect even faster than you can kill them.  And half of the time there's no alternate route to get around them to continue to search for the stairs.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All