Chaosforge Forum

• April 27, 2024, 11:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Does anyone even use finesse/whizkid/intuition  (Read 8263 times)

ThrustVectoring

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone even use finesse/whizkid/intuition
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 13:40 »

Whats being missed a bit is the defensive advantages of firing faster.  Firing faster means you get to act again sooner, which may mean the difference between being able to move again to dodge enemy attacks or not.

Finesse is essentially hellrunner for when you are shooting at things.

Zi

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 15:04 »

One major downside to whizkid is that finding an advanced weapon of the type you're already working with is really darn rare.  I've played >400 games and have seen maybe 3 advanced pistols (outside of AoMr), so I end up hoarding those damage/magazine mods, then ditching them as I need to store more and more ammo as I go deeper (in case you hit a level without any former humans/captains).

Formal request:  Either up the amount of advanced weapon spawns, or... allow Whizkid to add 4 mod slots to ALL weapons - so it's no longer the luck of the draw whether or not whizkid becomes useful.  In this case, advanced weapons are still really nice, but whizkid is useful even when one is not found.

Intuition is very nice and I use it on all of my Ao100 runs, but it takes 3 level-ups to pay off, and when you're at level 1/2, you're fighting harder monster crowds (as you go deeper) without any significant combat advantages that you might have had taking son of a bitch, tough as nails, etc, etc.

Finesse is actually very nice - ThrustVectoring has a good way of viewing how it works, although I haven't really figured out how to time my sidesteps vs firing when facing crowds (and you really don't need to sidestep when facing loners). I look at it as a +11% damage per second (ignoring reload), which is kind of nice, but is overshadowed by more useful traits.

Hipster Scumbag

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2009, 21:53 »

Finesse would be useful if you liked doing math constantly to figure out when to dodge.  if there were a billion gauges for your action vs the enemies' but let's not go down that road.
Pages: 1 [2]  All