Chaosforge Forum

• April 24, 2024, 19:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Challenge combinations?  (Read 1588 times)

Zi

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Challenge combinations?
« on: July 24, 2009, 09:23 »

Instead of keeping every challenge separate, allow their effects to be combined together.  For example, AoI + AoMr. Must use medkits/phase devices on pickup, AND can only use pistols.

Of course some don't work well together, but it can introduce a lot of interesting combinations.

Captain Trek

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge combinations?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 20:34 »

Instead of keeping every challenge separate, allow their effects to be combined together.  For example, AoI + AoMr. Must use medkits/phase devices on pickup, AND can only use pistols.

Of course some don't work well together, but it can introduce a lot of interesting combinations.

I think you'll find I already suggested this exact thing in the "Challenge Mode Ideas" thread...

*Snip*

Angel of gemini

Select two other challenge modes and try to play under the conditions of both at once... Now, obviously, AoB and AoMr would be incompatible and both of these would be incompatible with AoPac, but they rest of the modes would be more or less compatible, though some could create bizarre (but none-the-less interesting) scenarios like a 50 level Ao100 (Ao100 + AoH)...

Right... Well, anyway, this...

scenarios like a 50 level Ao100 (Ao100 + AoH)

...gave me an idea... Perhaps each combination of modes could be given its own name as well... Ao100 + AoH = Angel of 50, for example... Here's a few others I came up with...

Ao100 + AoH: Angel of 50

AoPure + AoPac: Angel of Bhuddism

AoRA + AoPac: Angel of Passive Agressive

AoRA + AoMas (or maybe AoB + AoMas): Angel of Sadomasocism

That's all I've really got so far... Actually, that's an idea, what if only some of them had names? You know, like little easter eggs or something?

But anyway, I still think it's a good idea... As I say in the above, obviously AoMr would be incompatible with AoB and both of these would be incompatible with AoPac, but the rest would more-or-less work together...
Pages: [1]