Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 23:21
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Re-use the position where the player aimed if player didn't aim at a monster  (Read 2773 times)

Zi

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile

I've mentioned this before, but I'd like to request this again, especially now that I've got a lot of experience playing UV and N!

If the player aims at a position where there is no enemy and fires, then if the player chooses to fire again and has not moved, have the firing reticle appear at the same position, rather than on the player.

In the interests of survival, firing around corners is very important (and sometimes firing beyond sight - this is especially useful in thin corridors just to see if their are monsters further down), and almost always a player needs to fire more than once.  This features would greatly simply the amount of player keystrokes required.

Plus, it could be a doomrl.ini option if some people dislike it.

This is by far the interface modification I would appreciate the most to have implemented.

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
  • Men are from Mars, Women are from Snickers
    • View Profile

I've mentioned this before, but I'd like to request this again, especially now that I've got a lot of experience playing UV and N!

If the player aims at a position where there is no enemy and fires, then if the player chooses to fire again and has not moved, have the firing reticle appear at the same position, rather than on the player.

In the interests of survival, firing around corners is very important (and sometimes firing beyond sight - this is especially useful in thin corridors just to see if their are monsters further down), and almost always a player needs to fire more than once.  This features would greatly simply the amount of player keystrokes required.

This is by far the interface modification I would appreciate the most to have implemented.

Me too, especially the corner fire idea. I use this tactic a lot, and I hate to aim, shoot, reaim, shoot, reaim, shoot...
Ludzie, którzy piją, są dla mnie niczym...

... niczym bracia!

Aki

• Marketing/PR and Wiki Ops
  • Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile

Me too, especially the corner fire idea. I use this tactic a lot, and I hate to aim, shoot, reaim, shoot, reaim, shoot...

This. A thousand times this.
[0.9.9.7]
Badges: [22/17/15/10/4/0]

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/

Implemented in beta.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Zi

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile

My fingers heartily thank you.  I'm looking forward to the new version.
Pages: [1]