Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 13:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Shotgun strategies  (Read 2136 times)

Zi

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Shotgun strategies
« on: August 04, 2009, 00:54 »

So when I play around with shotguns at higher difficulty levels, either I simply play as I always do with other weapons (fire from places where enemies can't fire at me) and run out of shells, or I try zigzagging towards them (for the dodge bonus) to hit them at closer range and eating a lot of hits, then dying.

How do you guys do it?

How exactly does enemy accuracy work?  The same way as the player's accuracy?

How exactly does movement, sidestepping, and Hellrunner affect whether or not an enemy's shot hits?

Dervis

• Nightmare Berserker
  • Elder
  • Major
    • View Profile
Re: Shotgun strategies
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 04:12 »

I'm not sure this is exactly how it works but it is how i see it.

Dodge and hit/miss are 2 completely different things in this game:

- Dodge determines whether the attack trajectory will go for the target's previous position rather the actual one. If you're stopped or moving to a bad position, it will still end up in your face. Dodge takes into account the monsters attack Dodge chance, running and Hellrunner. Dodged shots happen when you see the shot pass behind you.

- Hit/miss just takes in account +Hit and Range and checks for contact. Missed shots are when you see the bullet cross cleanly past without hitting.

Zi

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 21:33 »

That does seem to clarify what I observe, thanks.  Can anyone else supply more specific information?

didit

• Private FC
  • there is no man behind the mask, only a legend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 01:31 »

find a combat shotgun, as that thing is surprising good at sniping distant opponents, if you happen to find an advance combat shotgun, slap on some damage and reload mods and your on your way!

that or only use shotguns when you turn tight corners or go though a passage way, keep a chain gun or even plasma gun on you for long distance killing, but that's not really a shotgun strategy......
"there is no man behind this mask, only a legend.... and a broom handle so it doesn't fall over."
Pages: [1]