Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 18:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: D&D 4e - interest check (closed due to lack of interest)  (Read 3693 times)

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile

And so it came to be that I'm starting to get bored... again. And when I get bored I do to myself things I wouldn't consider otherwise. Add to that the fact that I've been amassing large amounts of bile lately, and trying to beat the living s*** out of my current group of "players" just doesn't occupy enough of my free time, on weekends especially and the end result is that I'm considering DMing of another Dungeons & Dragons 4th edition campaing. There are no more specific details at current as: A) this is a interest check for now and B) I'm still looking into options, but it should suffice if you know the following:

- This will be a pre-made module of some sort - I've yet to come upon an idea of my own that I culd turn into a campaign/adventure (assuming such thing ever happens to me). Depending on some stuff it might be one-shot or it might start a longer cycle (I have at least one adventure chain... well two actually, but the other one is reserved for the "other" group... and some other adventures could possibly be tied together with liberar amounts of hand-weaving)
- Thou should not have exceeding expectations of my RP-abilities. I do what I can, but I know my abilities are limited, and my DM experience is limited (actually, if it wasn't for the fact that D&D 4e is easy on DM I probably wouldn't even consider doing this)
- There will be combat, and probably quite a lot of it. That doesn't mean that RP will be non-existant, but don't be surprised if the game ends up combat-heavy (one reason is that WotC modules are made like this, the other is that 4e does really, really good job of making combat fun)
-The intended number of players would be 5

Aaand I think that's it for now. As for looking into D&D 4e if you haven't seen it before,  it's "out there" if you know what I mean (and it's not just the books) and it's quite easy to learn. As a help I'm quoting below some wise person's "minimum read" list for PHB:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 05:18 by Malek Deneith »
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 4e - interest check
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 14:52 »

*Black haired nymph, clad in black robes, with curved sword strapped to her back wails "RE-RE-RE-REVENGE!"
You asked for it.

Anyway, I'll do my best to participate, but I only know 3.5 ed D'n'D rules, so how?
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Dervis

• Nightmare Berserker
  • Elder
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 15:04 »

My last character was a D&D 3,5 hierophant or something... The party died for a bunch of vampyres, but that was very long ago.

Anyway, count me in if you're planning something.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 15:27 »

D&D? On MY FORUM??? NEVAH!!!
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 15:32 »

Oh stop beeing such a crybaby. It's not like it's going to eat your database or something

Wooo, look at 'em records go....
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 06:05 »

I personally possess few mental traumas tied with Dungeons & Dragons (Oh yeah, our DM would do much better as, well... DoomRL RNG, for example. They are both sooo cruel. But RNG at least builds a strong, no-safety-for-you-dirtbag, climate...), so I'll remain passive. I'd be happy, though, to observe you all slaughtering. Or being slaughtered. ;>
Pages: [1]