Chaosforge Forum

• April 27, 2024, 18:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24

Author Topic: Machine Spirit PBF  (Read 120254 times)

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
Re: Machine Spirit PBF
« Reply #315 on: March 21, 2010, 05:39 »

Eldar just shrugged, pulling out and passing the priest a data-slate he picked up before, then proceeded with searching if molten corpes had anything useful remained to pick. Just in case - he knew what do meltaguns do.
After getting his job done and collecting anything suitable for usage later on, he raised his head, gazing at DuPont, and whispered venomously :
"For what did you torture that woman you have told us about ? What kind of confession you were hoping to recieve ? As far as I am concerned, she could not understand a word from any of your cursed henchmen..."
His face muscles twitching in wrath, the xeno came closer.
"So you are saying that Arch-Magos Albert was leading your brotherhood. And you were considered heretics. Does it mean that Albert has been considered a traitor, too ?..."

Passionario

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 25, 2010, 07:11 »

And that's all that I know. Did I earn a good death by this?'

Pass grabs Dupont by the shoulder, transfixing him with a glare completely devoid of compassion:

"Let me get this straight. You, a condemned and unrepentant heretic, told us, the agents of the Emperor's Holy Inquisition, that you were just 'following orders'. And on the basis of this pitiful babbling, you expect us to violate our sacred oaths and let you escape from the righteous punishment that awaits you into the merciful embrace of death. Either you're an idiot, or you think that we are."

She leans in, close enough for Dupont to smell the stench of corpse-starch rations and low quality lho-sticks on her bloodied teeth:

"I'll give you one chance to prove that you're not as stupid as you pretend to be. After all, you didn't crawl up to the top of your little gang by being a trusting and obedient sheep. Surely you've kept some evidence - dataslates with orders, recorded transmissions, holopicts - to blackmail your partners with.

Give us solid proof, something with names, dates, places and pictures, not just pathetic reassurances of innocence, and then maybe, just maybe, you'll get your good death. Otherwise, we'll drag you off to what's left of your interrogation chamber, where I'll dissect your mind with my warp powers while my colleagues take turns with your body. Maybe they'll finally manage to determine whether the torture techniques of Eldar corsairs are a match for Ecclesiarchy's rites of castigation. And when we're done with you, you'll be begging us to turn you over to that Myrmidon bitch."

She lets go of his shoulder, takes a step back, and nods:

"One chance. Don't waste it."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Who do you send when Warp can't get the job done?

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 25, 2010, 14:01 »

The air filled with foul stench, as Pass tapped into the Immaterium to frighten Du Pont. And though she succeeded in sheathing herself in an aura of fear and dread, the heretic proved to be much more strong-willed than you thought.

'Maim my body and burn my soul, if it pleases you, abomination' he said boldly. The fear that filled his voice before has disappeared. He was oddly calm now. 'When I saw you, I thought that you stand for something more than those bastards in red robes, who claim to be better than we are. But, apparently, I was wrong. You are as cruel and soulless as they are' 

He paused, and smirked. Apparently, Pass effort at intimidating him into obedience backfired.

'I said what I have wanted to say. Rest will proceed as planned by the Great Schemer... Kill me now, followers of the corpse, for I am indeed a heretic. Mind though... whatever you will do with me, I do not fear you any more. My spirit belongs to my Lord and death will only forward his cause.'
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 25, 2010, 14:21 »

Halsted was probably more unsettled by Pass' display than the intended target. Thankfully, his mask hid that.

"We never claimed otherwise. If it makes you feel any better, we would have killed your men and interrogated you anyway if the Cogheads hadn't shown up," the guardsman spoke up calmly. "Of course, your value to us has diminished somewhat, but you're still of use. Of course, we'll have to convey you to where you might be better, shall we say... attended. Our master will no doubt love to have her staff of interrogators work on you. And won't she be thrilled to hear about your work on the Eldar... she's quite fond of them, you know. Well, at any rate, you're not going to be dying any time soon if we can help it."
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Passionario

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 26, 2010, 05:07 »

As the aura of unnatural dread surrounding Pass abates to nothing, the look on her face changes to that of boredom and contempt:

"Just when I thought that, for once, we found someone smart, you go and disappoint me. First you tried to kill us, then you tried to bribe us, then you pretended to be an innocent victim and now you're blaspheming against the Emperor to provoke us into killing you. In other words, you're acting just like every other stupid Chaos cultist that ever lived... and died."

She pauses and takes a deep exasperated sigh: "But then again, I guess that anyone who's willing to suck on the fat greasy tentacle of the Ruinous Powers has to be pretty fragging dumb in the first place."

She turns to Halsted: "While it's up to our leader to decide this numbskull's fate, I don't think that sending him to the boss is a good idea. She doesn't suffer fools gladly, and I'd bet a hundred credits that she's heard everything he can babble a thousand times before.

If it was up to me, I'd just hand him over to the cog-bitch, if only to keep her off our backs for a little while. And while she's busy toying with him, I'd start looking for that Magos Albert, or whoever is really in charge of this whole scheme. He'd certainly make a far better gift for our boss than this idiot."
Who do you send when Warp can't get the job done?

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 26, 2010, 06:54 »

"If nothing else, she can use him for her interrogators to practice on. Or gift-wrap him and send him back to the local Cogheads, for all I care. He might be a pawn, but with her resources she might still be able to determine more about the hand that moved him," Halsted explained. "That, and I don't quite fancy helping one bunch of heretics by giving them a different heretic."
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 27, 2010, 01:20 »

It seems the psyker and the guardsman were all too busy with chatting about DuPont's further fate to see what was Silharriel planning to do.
Gazing at DuPont's face, he hanged a shotgun on his back, then backed for a few steps, clenching his fists.
And...
A quick twist, a jump, a high spin-kick to the cultist's face. His heel slammed into DuPont's cheek with a loud, wet noise.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Eldar landed softly, then straightened, looking at the staggering man with scorn in his gaze of narrowed eyes.

"Care for your words, piece of scum, for you are talking to the Inquisitor's people. Insult any of us once again and I shall pluck away your rotten tongue with my bare hands. And then you shall have to digest your own bollocks. No, I am not that merciful to kill you right away, mother-lover. We are going to have some fun with you before you shall meet your twisted lord. A hundred years of servitude, par excellance. You did not answer to any of my questions.", he drawled, catching the heretic's flange and raising his fist to deliver another blow, with his punch. "I am listening."

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 27, 2010, 12:16 »

"That may be because, at the end of the day, you are the inquisitor's pet and a wretched xeno," Halsted observed helpfully. He said it in a tone as if he were observing a fact of nature, rather than making an insult. He also made no move to intervene on DuPont's behalf, simply limiting himself to the little remark.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 27, 2010, 12:55 »

"You, soldier, seem to forget that chaindogs have teeth for biting, too.", the Eldar made a riposte. "A mistake, such act of pride and taking things for granted."

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 31, 2010, 15:45 »

"They bite the wrong thing, though, and they get put down," the guardsman replied calmly. "Remember your place."

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 05, 2010, 07:23 »

"You are not going to say that the cursed cultist of the Changer of Ways is an unproper thing for a bit of violence, are you ?", drawled the Outcast, still glaring at DuPont's eyes.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 05, 2010, 20:10 »

"That decision is not yours to make. You are not a sentient being to make such judgements, but a weapon to be unleashed against the Emperor's enemies," Halsted replied coldly, then glanced at DuPont.

"That said, don't do any permanent damage and ensure that he is still able to talk with no trouble afterwards," the guardsman instructed, then stalked off to inspect the looting of the rest of the complex by his compatriots.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 11, 2010, 16:40 »

Halsted spent a fair deal of time searching through the rest of the complex. On occasion, the others might see him go back and forth, carrying large pieces of cloth or bags. Securing materiel was an art he'd learned well. Eventually he returned with a bag full of various clinking odds and ends, as well as three large wrapped packages, two looking like a weapon of one sort or another, the third like something much bigger, leaving the lot in the room where the others waited.

Then he went to investigate the room they'd flushed DuPont and his thugs out of.

For a short while, there was the general sound of rummaging. After a short while the guardsman returned, took his shovel back, and returned to the small room. There was the sound of creaking wood, and finally a crack as something gave. A moment of silence, then the faint rustling of cloth...

...followed by the loud thud of a lid being slammed shut and a string of profanities any drill sergeant would be proud of. Some more banging, metal on wood.

Then the guardsman returned once again. He still wore his mask, so his expression couldn't be seen, but his voice had somewhere lost its edge - it was dull and cold now. "Priest. Someone in there requires last rites," he said quietly, shovel pointing into the room at a stack of crates. The instructions done, he turned to DuPont. "Explain the boxes. And what is behind the door," he said flatly, still holding the shovel in his hands.

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 11, 2010, 16:46 »

'Oh, you found your missing workers, did not you?' asked DuPont with cheerful voice. 'They just happened to be on wrong side, and then did not took the opportunity we gave them. So, well...' he paused, and gave you all a huge, genuine grin 'So, they embraced the Chaos. In all it's glory. In life and death.'

Then, the smile vanished from his face, replaced by the look of true sorrow.

'Sadly, sadly, we could not deliver them through the door... Which would lead to their ascension, if you want to know so badly... Shame, shame...'
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 16:51 by Gargulec »
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 11, 2010, 16:56 »

Halsted didn't speak, at least not right away. What he *did* do, however, was bring his boot up in a kick to DuPont's groin, making sure to put enough force to it that he wouldn't feel tempted to follow it up with a shovel beating.

"You are a traitor to His Most Benevolent Holiness, the Emperor. May your name be forever stricken from memory and your soul forever cursed to wander in darkness, devoid of His blessing," the guardsman snarled, his voice low. "And I don't think your... masters will want to bother with the soul of such a failure either. I will be sure to detail what I have seen in there in my report to my mistress' interrogators. And recommend to the planetary government to set off a plasma charge on top of this place."

That done, he took out one of his incendiary bombs, set the timer on it, and looked back into the small room. "Finish up, priest. I want to be done with this tainted place," he muttered.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24