Chaosforge Forum

• April 26, 2024, 09:49
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24

Author Topic: Machine Spirit PBF  (Read 120182 times)

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
Re: Machine Spirit PBF
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2009, 16:05 »

As you were discussing, worrying and wondering, crude servo-skull approached you silently. Obviously, it was sent here to lead you to transport Sophia talked about.
And so you followed. Through the halls of inquisitorial palace you were lead to small landing pad on the rooftop of Lady Sophia's facility. View on the hive-city Carnelia from here was indeed breath-taking. It was hard not to praise the Emperor, for it was his will, and his sacrifice that made it possible for Mankind to erect those spires you were admiring so deeply now.

Your shuttle, visibly newly built, was already waiting. Pilot, blessed by Omnissiah with numerous bionics put out his lho and pointed you the entering pad, and then towards the cockpit himself.

Ship interior was cramped beyond any imagination- you barely managed to find yourself a seat among large crates, bearing Opus Machina sign. Soon, plasma engines fired up, and shuttle launched into space.

Part One: Into the Night
There is only one word to describe you several hours long journey to Magna Alpha- dull. No grav-plates, noise tearing you ears apart... Only the view of soon-to-be launched Explorator Fleet helped to fight boredom, for you have never seen so many ships, most of them thousands years old, glimmering like stars. Each of them was worth more than hive world, each of them was marvel of technology long-forgotten. And there were at least ten of those wonders orbiting single forge-world.

But, now, it has ended. Shuttle landed heavily. With slight hiss, doors to your compartment opened, letting you outside. Just in front of three towering figures, all clad in crimson robes. Tech-priests. To your surprise, one of them seemed even more massive, and was surrounded by wide array of steel tentacles, each tipped with some tool of death. He was a Myrmidon. But, why here?

"Welcome, honored guest" one of them spoke, with unpleasant, flat voice. "I am Magos Diego, and I am here to greet servants of Inquisition. Lady Sophia informed us of your arrival day ago, and it's good to see you, for we need your assistance."

« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 16:34 by Gargulec »
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2009, 16:48 »

- Pleasure to meet you Magos... - Laz replied forcing himself to best smile he could... 'whole planet of damn tech-priests, fragging awesome, just what I needed' - To keep things to the point: we're going to need some discreet place to use as a base while we work on the matter, we'd also be thankful for all the informations concerning the cult if you have any. Oh and also Lady Sophia sent one of her... ah... 'special' servants with us, please don't be alarmed - we could use some covering clothes for him too - 'maby they haven't heard about me, maby I won't die... yet'
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Marcus Constantine

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2009, 14:39 »

Marcus was calm through the whole journey. He didn't say a word, praying in silence the whole time. He was really absent, out of body. Like would never be touched by any trouble or confusion.

What is going on here? That psyker was right. I just don't like it. Why are we sent here. Without training. Are we supposed to be some sort of sacrafice?

When the starship landed, Marcus just stood up, went outside, without hardly noticing anyone. He just stopped in front of the tech-priests.

Do you think they can be trusted? Think about it. Watch. Listen... "... need your assistance.". They might need your assistance, but my? These beautiful creations of Machine God would certainly deal switfly with any weak Chaos followers. Why do they need us? Maybe we are meant to be sacraficed, maybe that is what Emperor wants?

No, we are meant for something greater. We just cannot allow that. We have to listen, we have to watch. You hear me? WE JUST CANNOT ALLOW THAT!

Nobody could tell anything from Marcus face. It was... it didn't show any emotions. But his mind...

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2009, 14:57 »

Halsted had spent pretty much all of the journey preparing for a potential unfriendly welcome. Stripping and cleaning his weapons, checking the charges on the laspacks, preparing everything. Just in case they had to fight on the landing pad or some such. Thus, when he disembarked, he looked pretty much the picture Guardsman bound for the front, dressed in uniform and flak armour, weapons not ready, but kept close at hand, rebreather hanging around his neck.

"While we're at it, ask if they know where to get some food around here. It's been far too long since breakfast," the guardsman suggested to Lazerus.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Passionario

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2009, 03:03 »

The psyker seems to pay little heed to the Myrmidon's impressive array of metallic death-tentacles. Instead, she appears to be studying the cleric's emotionless face, as if sizing him up or trying to read his thoughts.
Who do you send when Warp can't get the job done?

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2009, 13:32 »

- "Of course, we shall provide you with all..." - suddenly the Myrmidon who was examining your party with his bionic eyes interrupted the Magos' speech, emitting a loud, shrieking sound, somewhat akin to 'xeno' and turned all his armed servo-arms at Silharriel. Judging by the blueish glow that surrounded them, they carried enough fire-power to obliterate a Terminator.
- "Myrmidon Alexis!" - The Magos did not shout, yet his voice was harsh and cold - "Behave yourself!"
For a second you thought that the tech-priest warrior wouldn't listen and would fire anyway, but he slowly put down his mobile arsenal.
- "But, my lord! It is a xeno, foulest of fouls!" he spoke angrily.
- "Indeed. But it is only a mere inquisitorial tool, Myrmidon. Nothing more." - answered the Magos. - "Now, please leave us. You do no good here."
- "Inquisitorial tool? It's obviously radicalism! My lord, lady Sophia is violating the holy laws of the Imperium again! We should report it immediately to the Administratum!"
- "You know not what you are suggesting, nor what you are talking about. Dismiss, Myrmidon. Now!" It seamt that the myrmidons behavior had angered the Magos... if he could feel such basic emotions as anger.

While muttering some bizarre sentences, the Myrmidon turned his back on you and quickly walked away. The Magos then directed his attention to you, calm and composed again.
- "My apologies, Inquisition servants. Sometimes, I wonder if Alexis was ever chem-gelded. Concerning your questions, we do not know if the unrest that begun two weeks, three days and fourty-five minutes ago has been caused by a cult, or some other kind of malicious activity. All we do know is that the machine spirits have begun to act very weirdly." - he spat this word as it was a serious matter - "Ever since, they are growing anger seventy six point five percent faster, and appeasing them has become three and half times harder. Also, there have been seven mysterious disappearances in this period, mostly lowly scums unworthy of our attention. However two days and four hours ago, I heard reports that xeno-biologist Roderick, who is involved in fleet launch, was missing from his work station. Even worse, a Magos Errant, Diego Allumis, failed to report to his superiors both yesterday and today." - Even if you felt any concern as he spoke, the Magos looks perfectly calm as he asks: - "Is there any more information which you will require, servants of Lady Sophia?"
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 15:37 by Gargulec »

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2009, 15:55 »

The Eldar slowly descended from the shuttle, examining the environment. He seemed to be shocked - the world entirely made of metal had to remind him The Craftworld in some twisted way. Yet, still he was feeling uneasy. Few hours of constant flight, though Silharriel was familiar with engines roaring and boredom, felt exhausting, and so did being all alone between intolerant mon-keigh. No wonder that all the time he was rather quiet and absent...

...No wonder that he grinned madly, when the Myrmidon aimed his whole weaponry directly at his forehead. Nothing mobilizes as much as someone willing to kill you. A constant strife for survival for too many years was his only entertainment and denial of routine. This was making every day much more colorful...

And then, something snapped inside and Silharriel finally woke up from the wierd lethargy. He realized and leaned back, looking a bit startled, yet Myrmidon was leaving already. The Outcast started to hear metallic cracking, see buildings of steel and men in crimson robes, feel a slight chill on his back, smell oil and taste his own fear and blood... again.

"By Isha, it was near...", he whispered to himself, barely to be heard, but otherwise remained silent.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2009, 01:51 »

"Still think you're too good to wear head covering?" Halsted hissed at the Eldar, not without some satisfaction in his voice.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2009, 07:20 »

"Never told I am.", shortly answered The Outcast without any trace of anger, staring calmly at Halsted's grinning face. Frankly, his attempt to disdain him only filled the Eldar with confidence. At least one thing is constant and sure.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2009, 15:28 »

Lazerus listened to Magos slowly regaining calm - Some compilation of known information on those the disappeared, including these "scum" as you called them - who they were, what did they do, where they were last seen, by whom and who notified of their disappearance. Plus of course informations if anything wierd hapens or someone else disappears during the time we conduct search for the cause of this... unrest. - Laz thought for a moment then turned his head to the others - Any of you got anything to add?..

Marcus Constantine

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2009, 00:39 »

*SNAP* After some time being silent, Marcus started asking questions.

"What was Magos Errant supposed to be doing yesterday and today? Can we visit the place he lives? This would be really helpful to us, of course, if you do not mind noble Magos."

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2009, 13:04 »

- "Electro-priest Lagius..." - the magos raised his hand, allowing his robe to unfold slightly and exposing his fully bionic arm, and pointed towards his companion - "...will answer your questions as he leads you to your appointed quarters. Now, excuse me, Sophia servants, for I have important matters to oversee elsewhere." The tech-priest turned and quickly walked away.

Then, Lagius, who had been silent so far, spoke. His voice was nearly human, only a bit mechanical. - "Follow me guests. I shall answer your questions shortly."

The Electro-priest's 'shortly' apparently meant 'after we walk through half of the local forges and reach the habitat'. You couldn't find yourselves to be angry - the noise rendered all attempts at communication impossible, and all you could do is merely sightseeing.

Indeed, the forge-world was... majestic. Not beautiful, as Carnelia spires, but majestic. Heavy fumes covered it to the very surface, but through them you saw things you did not even think could exist: marvels of technology, forges as big as space-ships, and space-ships in construction, many times bigger. Only the Eldar seamt disgusted by the planet.

Finally, you reached your quarters - a small, pre-fabricated habitat on the edge of the forges' district. Here, you would be able to talk with relative ease. Lagius begun to answer your questions. - "Who were the ones who vanished? Cogs in the greatest mechanism of the Imperium, mere workers, who are born to serve, and through servitude earn their salvation. They worked in scriptoriums, overseeing auto-quills and replenishing ink. I do not possess accurate information about their disapearance and, by Omnissiah, I don't think that they are important in any way."

He paused for a second, perhaps wondering what to say next. - "Maybe you will find something about them in the cantinas. I can only provide you with information on Magos Errant Diego Allumis, flesh-son of Magos Diego Allumis, who you just happened to meet. He was working on an efficient way to deal with the foul Eldar, the deceiving, by means of toxins and fumes, helping us clear several of their so called 'exodite worlds'. He disappeared yesterday from his work-post in the Grand Library. Nothing else is known, but his quarters seem abandoned, and he has sent one of his test subjects back to it's place of origin a week ago. That's all I know."

Lagius passed you small seals. - "These will open your quarters. Inside you will find basic supplies and two specially crafted servo-skulls which can act as your guides. Mind them, for such things are difficult to craft. Farewell for now." - He vanished quickly and silently.

Your quarters turned out to be 'nearly' cosy. Lamp-packs, new sheeting on four bunks, lockers, a table and, for some unknown reason, a man-sized cage in a corner.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 10:47 by Gargulec »

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2009, 13:19 »

Halsted wasted no time in heading over to the bunk furthest from the door, setting his backpack down on it. "This one's mine," he stated, then sat down, stretching his legs out. "Well, this takes me back to basic training..."

Marcus Constantine

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2009, 02:33 »

Marcus was astonished. He has never seen anything like this. Well, he has seen a starship factory before, but this? Drones flying everywhere, each with a given precise order. He felt like in a giant ant-hill. Everybody had his role, everybody (including machines) what to do.
The strangest thing for Marcus were the tech-priest. Talking to their machines, looking after them like they were living beings. He just couldn't understand this. But he was taught that there many things in the Universe that philosophers haven't dreamt about.

They finally reached their quarters. Halsted quickly opened the door and rushed to the farthest bed claiming the bed. What a child...

"Suit yourself. It really doesn't matter which bed is yours since probably we will spend most of our time outside here"
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 06:53 by Marcus Constantine »

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2009, 06:28 »

Laz sat down on the bunk closest to the door - So, anyone else noticed something interesting during our little walk?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24