Chaosforge Forum

• May 21, 2024, 02:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24

Author Topic: Machine Spirit PBF  (Read 121459 times)

Marcus Constantine

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Machine Spirit PBF
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2009, 06:54 »

"I must haven't been paying attention. What did you notice?"

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2009, 07:02 »

- Security father Constantine, security... We walked past much more security patrols than usual, they have heavy weapon emplacements set up at strategic locations and I managed even to spot a few skitarii legionaries. Either tech-priests got *reall* freaked out by those problems with their machinery, or there is something more going on here than just minor cult activity - Lazerus finished with a grim smile.
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Marcus Constantine

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2009, 07:51 »

"I have to admit, that I have been admiring the surroundings rather then looking at it as a fortress. But indeed, it looks like they are waiting for an invasion. Never less, one has to be ready for the Chaos. It can plant it seeds of despair into the weak hearts. This is where I, a humble servant of our Emperor has to prevent the Chaos from sowing. But also, it can attack with an enormous force. This is where... raw force is the only answer."

"It looks like Khorne" - Marcus spits - "wants to pay this place a visit. Let's just hope, this whole security is just a normal precaution."

"And please do not call me a father. There is a really long way before me until I become a father."

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2009, 08:27 »

"Or you could be one and not know about it yet," Halsted suggested. "Wouldn't believe how many times *that* happened when we were mustering out."

Investigating the locker by his bunk, the guardsman found a few ration bars. "Ah. Somehow I had hoped that, working for the Inquisition, the food might at least be better..." With a shrug, he set to eating one of the ration bars, tuning out the input from his tastebuds. "Best you lot get a bite as well while we've some downtime," he added. "As far as security goes... there's that whole fleet up top assembling, right? Besides, I don't make a habit of visiting forge worlds, you know? For all I know, this could be what business as usual looks down here."
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2009, 10:26 »

The Eldar slowly stepped into the room. Though he noticed the cage, he threw himself on a random bunk instead. It has been a long time since he could rest on something other than bare soil or prison floor. At a first glance he seemed too absent to notice words being said. At a first glance... Yet he was listening carefully to every word spoken.

After around a quarter, he crouched next to the locker and examined it, trying to find any clothing at first, but also hoping for firearms and maybe something to feast upon. The Outcast was all silent. He pulled out a corpse-starch bar and gave it a bite, finding no other items of interest.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2009, 05:05 »

Following the example given by alien and guardsman, Laz tokk a ration from the locker and started eating it...

Slowly...

Bite by bite...

After several minutes of silence and munching he spoke - So, any suggestions on how do we start?

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2009, 05:08 »

"How about visiting few cantinas and asking about those lost folks ?", asked Eldar, chewing slowly. "But first, I'll have to get some cover. Nothing here.", he added, pointing at the locker.
"We could also visit that >>Grand Library<<, if allowed. Maybe that would give some clues."

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2009, 05:10 »

"Is an idea, that. Question being, do we want to keep it low-key, or take every advantage working for the Inquisition offers us?" Halsted spoke up.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2009, 05:12 »

I'd try starting low-key myself. We can always jump from that to full Inquisition rights when we need to but not so much other way around - Laz took another bite

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2009, 05:14 »

"Thou shalt not make improper use of thy master's purse, nor his seal, nor his name either.", pronounced the Alien. "But, isn't it a proper usage ? Anyway, look. They are almost at panic right now. Arrival of Inquisition's people would make it even worse. I think we should work undercover. Low-key, as you said. The less know, the better." And the sound of corpse-starch bar being torn.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2009, 05:20 »

Halsted sighed, shaking his head. "In which case, we'll need to dress more like the locals. I'd stand out like a sore thumb in uniform, for one... could go pick up some kit for the xeno while I'm at it, I suppose, but we can't leave it unattended."

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2009, 05:22 »

"Oh yes you can. Not going anywhere anyway.", he poked the collar with his middle finger, smiling grimly. Chomp, chomp.

Marcus Constantine

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2009, 05:56 »

"I agree with you brothers. Nothing more to add... If it does not spoil anything, I would love to visit the Grand Library. I will also take a look how locals look like. Is this all right with you?"

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2009, 08:11 »

Laz looks at the ration bar nad then packs it again and puts it back in the locker.

- Hmmm, the way I see it we can do this twofolds. Variant one: someone goes to get some clothes for Halsted and Silhar and we all go to library. This is the safer variant, but it slows us down and makes the group more visible. Variant two is as follows: Marcus goes to get the clothes, while Halsted and eldar wait. Then all three go and visit the library using one of the servo skulls. In the meantime me and Pass would take the other one and go hit the cantinas in search of info on the disappearing civies... and something to dring so we don't choke on the rations next time we eat them. How does that sound?

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2009, 08:45 »

"Works for me," Halsted said with a shrug. "Maybe I can teach it how to fight with a proper weapon so it's more than just an expensive meat shield in a fight," he adds.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24