Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 04:33
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24

Author Topic: Machine Spirit PBF  (Read 118940 times)

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Re: Machine Spirit PBF
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 16:21 »

- I'm with others on that - I know you need us to do something, but not the details - Laz shook his head then cracked a grin - I wasn't even told where I was going until I got here.
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 11:17 »

"To serve the Emperor, you say?"

You think that, if not for her apparent reluctance to show any emotions, she would have giggled.

"You're barely fit to serve me, let alone the Emperor. The only reason I have let you reach this far is for the sole purpose of evaluation. You will be tasked with something simple, and watched. If you do manage to prove yourself useful, maybe you will take you first step on the long road to becoming acolytes. But if you do not... then I am afraid there are things you have seen and will see that you shouldn't have. Do I have to say how dire, for you, would be the consequences of failure?"

She pauses for a couple seconds to let her speech sink in. Still expressionless, yet apparently content with your reaction, she continues:

"Magos from forge-world Magna Alpha have reported strange occurrences on the planet. Minor cult activity, it seems. Normally this would be a job for Arbiters, however the Machine Priests from Magna Alpha are preparing to launch a vast Exploratory Fleet into the Halo Stars and even the slightest Chaos taint could cause the whole fleet to enter the short path to damnation, a fate seen way too many times."

Pistis Sophia passes you small metal badges, bearing her seal.

"I've arranged a passage for you to Magna Alpha, and alerted my friend Magi there of your arrival. You're being sent to investigate, find the source of the problem, and eradicate it, if possible. If this is not the case, report back to me, and someone more capable will be sent, yet I doubt it that such measures will be necessary. For the period of time this investigation will take, you are granted Acolyte privileges."

For the first time, a faint smile showed upon her face.

"Also, you will be accompanied by my servant. He is in possession of helpful and unusual skills, and I want to evaluate him too. Do bear in mind he is my property." She raised her voice. "Come, Silharriel!"

From the shadows a figure emerged. For a second, you thought that he was human, but when he entered the faint light in the middle of the room, you all sighed in unison.

Another Eldar. Great!

Just like the previous one, he had an ornamented collar attached to his neck. But unlike her, his clothes were in rather poor condition - ragged and tattered - like you would expect on long-time prisoners.

"Any questions?" Sophia asked, after a second.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 13:32 by Gargulec »
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 14:41 »

"Five thrones says we won't even get out of the city alive if we bugger up, never mind off planet," Halsted muttered, turning the insignia over in his hand.

The most recent addition to the team, however, caused him to tense up a bit.

"Can we put it in a full-face helmet, maybe?" the guardsman said, pointing at the new Eldar. "Or something else to cover its head? It'll be far easier going if we don't have to stop every five minutes to explain that it's inquisitorial property and shouldn't be shot just yet," he added in explanation.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2009, 15:20 »

Not even a word passed through the lips of the Eldar, while he was taking a careful look at his new comrades, a slight glitter of curiosity in his green, tired eyes. It seemed like the Xeno felt uneasy and maybe embarrassed with whole situation. Though not physically old, he looked like the time has crippled, twisted and broken him already, yet still Silharriel was shining with some mad pride, specific for his race. Unsettling look indeed.

He let his cold gaze rest on the guardsman's face, while the human was speaking out his mind.

"Wear that helmet for yourself. You'll make a good use of it while I'll be bashing you in the face, scum.", he thought. He won't let any mere grunt to treat him like a thing, that's too much.

Then suddenly, he recalled himself of an explosive collar he was wearing, and abandoned the desire for violence, coughing. The neck skin was all itchy.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2009, 05:16 »

- 'Grunt' there has a point about the helmet - your 'servant' will stand out anyway, but going out with his face shown will kill either us, him or both - Laz said - There's also a matter of trust. I'm sure that... it... behaves while you're around ma'am but how can *we* make sure it'll play along?

Marcus Constantine

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2009, 01:43 »

"Lady Sophia, I am afraid my brothers in faith are right. Although your... servant will certainly rise fear in our enemies, it might also rise the fear of unknown amongst ordinary people."

After a minute Marcus added:

" However I do not like the term... servant. How shall we call you?"
- Marcus directed the question to the just met Eldar.

Passionario

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2009, 05:40 »

Unlike her gawking companions, the psyker paid little attention to the Eldar. The alien wasn't the problem; Sophia was the problem.

"Any questions?" Sophia asked, after a second.
Pass did her best to quash the very thought of the question that was bothering her the most, - "Since when could xeno-loving unsactioned psykers become Inquisitors?" - and opted for a barrage of more harmless inquiries instead, in hope that Sophia wouldn't pick the real one from her mind:

"How much time do we have available until the fleet is launched? Will we operate openly, or under a determined cover story? Do you have any known rivals or enemies on Magna Alpha, who would interfere with the investigation just because they can?"

The psyker's mouth suddenly split into a wide grin, and her eyes lit up with a lunatic brilliance:

"Oh, and if we succeed, can I get one of those shiny collars that your pointy-eared servants are wearing, instead of this dull metal badge?"
Who do you send when Warp can't get the job done?

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2009, 06:34 »

Halsted leaned over to Pass, whispering a quick, "You might want to opt out of the explosive charge if you do get a collar like that," in suggestion.

That done, he turned to Lazarus and the others with a light shrug. "Well, at least I think we know who'll be heading up this investigation..."

Of course, it did not bode well when the psyker was the most level-headed of the group.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2009, 12:21 »

The Eldar listened carefully to every single word spoken in the great hall, afraid to lose anything of great importance (apart from mumbo-jumbo about covering his own face with a helmet, which he found annoying...), thus he heard Constantine's question. While others were barking their hestitations, stealing much of The Inquisitor's attention, he whispered in response : "To be spoken later, follower of the Mortal-God.", then he moved his head lightly towards Sophia, trying to make Marcus understand, that he wasn't allowed to speak now. After all, he's a slave...

What's more, Silharriel too didn't like at all the idea of mon-keigh witch leading their force. "I always wanted to serve under The Great Seer. Morai-Heg, The Mistress of Fate, why are you so ironic to me ?...", bitter thought came upon him. The silly question about explosive collars just empowered the Silharriel's strong dislike to the psyker. "I can borrow you mine, if you want it so badly." - he made a riposte in his mind and conserved it to be used later.

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2009, 13:12 »

Sophia gazed at female psyker and whispered, with shadow of threat in her voice.
"I sincerely hope, Pass, that you understand that thought hidden in the heart, just like sins, all turn to decay. And that my profession is to seek those thoughts and weed them out. With fire and faith, if needed."

Then, she turned to Tobias.
"You can do whatever you want with that Eldar, even strip him from cloths and make him run down the underhive streets. But, mind that he is my property, and I would not want to see it damaged in any... unrepairable way."

She raised her voice, so every of you could hear her well.
"It is yours to decide how will you approach that assignment. I told you everything you should know. If you can't handle it without guidelines, then it was fatal mistake to bring you here."

Sophia paused and turned back.
"Fatal for you, of course. Now, please, get out. You will be lead to shuttle shortly."

As you were exiting the chamber, Pistis spoke again.
"Lazarus and Tobias, stay."

After few minutes, they reached you back in hall, while you were chattering about Pistis and you frist job for Imperial Inquisition.
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2009, 17:25 »

Lazerus walked up to the rest and gave them a good, long glance.

-Alright people, while waiting for a guide to the shuttle there are few things to discuss. First and foremost our enlightened Lady decided for whatever reason decided that I should be the Prime of our cell. Mind you, I don't consider myself some 'great' leader or whatever - so if you have an idead that seems good, or know something that is of use do speak up. It just means that if we have to pick between conflicting options, or we come upon situation where there is not time discuss our options I get the final say on what do we do. - a moment of silence followed

- Now onto other stuff - Tobias, was it? If something happens to me you take over the command - I think you understand why. Eldar - you need some disguise. I don't care wether it's helmet, a bag, or or something else but I'd rather not have to report to your Lady that you got your head shot off the moment we hit the streets. Also like cleric said we'll need your name - same goes for cleric and cog-head. You should introduce yourselfs unless you want to be called 'cleric' and 'cog-head' forever. For those that didn't hear it my name is Lazerus, but you can call me 'Laz' if you need to. - a smile appeared on Laz's face for a moment

- Also, I'm willing to hear out whatever ideas any of you might have about start of our little mission - unless nobody has any in which cease we'll just have to wait and see what info te tech-priests on Magna Alpha cangive us.

Marcus Constantine

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2009, 00:26 »

"My name is Marcus Constantine. But you can call me 'Marcus" if you need to, brothers" - Marcus replied. He paused, to let the others speak up.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2009, 07:37 »

"Then, I am Silharriel.", replied the Eldar, his voice sounding incredibly deep and melodic. "If I really have to, I shall cover my face, if my identity would cause any... complications. Don't concern yourself, mon-keigh."
"By the way", Silharriel continued after a while, "did our >>enlightened Lady<< tell you, Mr Lazerus, where is my equipment being held and will I recieve it ? You know, Sir, I shall do no good without my long rifle and a piece of armaplas. And my cloak, of course, in case we'll meet some intolerant ones that should not be harmed... too badly."
"I think it would be a good idea if we shared knowledge of our talents, for better cordination. It's always better to know what kinds of professionals are assisting us, is it not ? Some general combat tactics wouldn't be in vain, I am sure. All of you shall be sure too, when it comes to things finally.
About our mission... Well, I think we should ask those... cog-heads... as you call them, whoever they are, about the nature of the problem itself. Then we would be able to think out some solution... But words of a mere slave are not very well-thought-of, are they ?"
, he smiled darkly.
It seems like his arrogance was slightly quenched with feeling of respite that the witch isn't a leader, the uneasiness was gone utterly. By that moment Silharriel indeed was rich with hope, devotion and motivation. He shall not fail his sisters in servitude...

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2009, 19:26 »

"If we get it a rebreather hood and some old robes or overalls, we can make it look like a manufactorium laborer or something of the sort," Halsted suggested, poking a thumb in the Eldar's direction.

Hearing the Eldar's words, however, made him turn towards it sharply. "You are xenos. Any right-thinking servant of the Emperor should shoot you as soon as see you. I would have, were it not for the orders of mistress Sophia. And I'd rather not have to go through the hassle of explaining that fact to everyone we meet, especially to Arbites patrols who tend to shoot first and not ask questions later," he explained in a cold, patient voice. "As for combat tactics, we will discuss them as the need arises and on a case-by-case basis. If something unexpected is to crop up, those of you without anything bigger than a laspistol would do well to hang back and utilise whatever other skills you have... and fall back on the las only when you've exhausted other means."

Marcus Constantine

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2009, 14:13 »

Marcus tried to remain calm.
"I really don't understand you, Eldar. What where you trying to achieve by insulting me? As far as I known the greatest enemy of the manking is the same as yours. You do not have to love us, but still you and us can achieve a lot by cooperating. The choice is yours."

After a pause, he added.
"Remember, that greatest warriors are born in pudency. What will you gain by disdaining us?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24