Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 22:03
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24

Author Topic: Machine Spirit PBF  (Read 118957 times)

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
Re: Machine Spirit PBF
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2009, 14:34 »

At this particular moment the Eldar seemed to feel confused. With a long, cold gaze into Constantine's eyes, he said slowly and unemotionally... at a first glance :
"Tell me, *human*, at which point I offended you and yours, for I can't recall. Or maybe I should cease speaking completely, for an old wanderer's wisdom is not valued here ?"
All the peace of mind seemed to vanish. No good...

Marcus Constantine

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2009, 01:01 »

"You called me a follower of a mortal God. And Emperor is no mortal. Or did you mean *someone* else?"

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2009, 08:33 »

"Before he became your god, he was a mortal, was he not ?", asked Silharriel, a bit more calm than before. "Never mind. I didn't mean to insult anyone. Calm your emotions, as you said before, we are fighting by one side. Those are of Chaos, who divide themselves."

Marcus Constantine

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2009, 04:14 »

I cannot just have constant quarrels with this Eldar. This will not get me any closer to purging the world from chaos. Emperor would not like it...

"You are right, we should calm down, because while we are fighting, Chaos is gaining power. Let us just carry on brothers" - Marcus replied

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2009, 14:55 »

Lazerus nodded his head in approval hearing that the quarrel between cleric and the eldar has ended semi-peacefully. Then he kicked apparently sleeping-while-standing Generic in the shin.

- Did we get a tech-priest or malfunctioning servitor? Somebody wake that waste of metal and flesh before I throw him into nearest garbage disposal! - not wating for a response he turned back to Silhar - Matters of your xeno gear were not discussed in our short talk with Lady Sophia. If a need arises to arm you you'll have to cope with what we can find - for now I don't intend to send you to front line.
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2009, 04:11 »

"Fair enough...", Silharriel gasped in disappointment. "Thank you."

Passionario

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2009, 15:53 »

Suddenly, your senses are assaulted by a truly foul stench. As you look around, you see that the source is not an overturned cart of Grox dung or a burning pile of chemical waste, as you first thought, but the smoke emanating from the psyker's lho-stick.

She notices your disapproving stare and smirks:

"Y'know what stinks worse than this baby? Our mission, that's what. You don't have to be a psyker to see that we're being sent into a death trap."

She inhales another dose of the noxious smoke.

"Just think of it: if the problem was mere 'minor cult activity', our boss would either leave it to the local Arbites or, if that fleet-launch affair is really that important, send a team of trusted Acolytes with proper experience in such matters. No offense, boys, but none of you seem to be professional witch hunters to me."

The psyker chuckles to herself - a rather unpleasant, throaty sound - and continues.

"The question is: why did she send us? The answer... well, frankly, I don't think I want to know the answer. Maybe she already dispatched her best and finest, and they got wiped out. Maybe she has powerful enemies on that world who know the identities of her cohorts and allies, so she's sending a band of relative unknowns. Or maybe she doesn't really trust her best servants. Throne, for all we know, the real Sophia might be dead, and the person we've seen was actually an Eldar witch in disguise."

She seems to ignore the gasps and hisses caused by her irreverent remark.

"And you know what? The fact that we don't know the answer - it's a good thing. Just ask our good friend Marcus here - is it not said that ignorance is the armour of the blessed? Knowledge like this is a dangerous thing; learn too much, and you'll end up dead. Or, worse yet, you'll end up like me, with a head full of screams and whispers and metallic voices where all your memories used to be."

Her grating voice turns sad and bitter as she taps on her scarred head to demonstrate her point.

"Anyway, it doesn't matter why our exalted lady sent us on this suicide mission. What matters is that there's only one way for us to survive it. Well, two, but since it's the Holy Inquisition we're talking about, running and hiding is out of question. That leaves us with one choice only."

She takes what is probably supposed to be a dramatic pause, but appears to be merely an excuse to blow another cloud of vile lho-smoke into the air.

"We'll have to become heroes."
Who do you send when Warp can't get the job done?

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2009, 16:40 »

"You think too much," Halsted said, shaking his head. "Cultists or not, there's no problem that cannot be overcome with the proper application of the proper amount of explosives. So let's go find our guide, our transport... and some covers for the xeno along the way, because I'm sure as hell not giving it my rebreather to cover up that mug."
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2009, 17:07 »

- Well I'm no hero... - Laz's comment was followed by loud *clang* noise - But I do intend on staying alive. Tobias, could you give me a hand here? Take the up-side and let's take 'it' to that garbage unit - he said picking up legs of tech-priest he just tipped over.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2009, 17:35 »

Halsted gave the fallen tech-priest a puzzled look. "Should we move him? I imagine one of his lot will be along at some point to collect him," he pointed out, but set his gear aside to pick up his side of the cog-head.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2009, 17:38 »

- No, no, I insist. I promised to do as much if he doesn't "wake up", and I insist on keeping my promise - Laz replied with a maniacal smile on his face then began to carry the priest with Halsted's help - Alright, he goes down on three. One... two... THREE!!!

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
  • Men are from Mars, Women are from Snickers
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2009, 02:42 »

Marcus looked a while at Laz and Halsted take away the large chunk of metal that was the techpriest. Without looking at the psyker, he said:
"Lady Pass, I think you are overreacting. Of course, you are right that lady Sophia could send her best troops to blot out the occultists. But will she send them everywhere? Chaos is gaining more and more power and we are its main enemies. How can we face it without, as I should say, proper training?"

Cleric waved away the smoke emitting from psyker's stick
"The only way to overcome Chaos is to train such humble servants as us to overcome. Now you may say, that you already want to fight the Chaos Gods, but I am not ready for that. This just would be worthless. Let us treat this mission as an apprenticeship. And should not we forget that by contant training one can become a master. Time will reveal how much we are worth"

Marcus glanced at Pass
"And ignorance is the armour of the blessed. But can you win a battle only with armour?" - Marcus made a pause to make his point.
Ludzie, którzy piją, są dla mnie niczym...

... niczym bracia!

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2009, 06:25 »

"Certainly works for Regiments of Armour in the Guard," Halsted pointed out with a grin, once the noise of tech-priest in garbage chute had died away. "Enough of it and you can roll over pretty much anything."

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2009, 07:09 »

"Hey, wait, can I take his weapons before you- Eldanesh...", Silharriel tried to stop his fellow men from disposing of waste, yet possibly didn't manage to do so.

Hearing Pass's muttering, he gave away a short sigh, yet didn't answer. Sophia's surely not Eldar, for none of them would cause so much pain to his brethren. Then there came a painful flashback of the moment in torture chamber, which almost threw the Outcast on is knees. He hissed silently, dominated by the vision and trying to remain conscious, coughing and choking on the lho-smoke.

When the feeling passed after a minute or two, he grazed his almost-weeping eyes, then stood up and pronounced :

"The knowledge is like a blade, its edges even more sharp than The Khaine's Sword. No wonder that unprepared to wield it cut themselves to death. One has to balance between the sword and the shield. Or, you know, he might as well take a meltabomb instead. To his head.", he added after a while. "If our fate is to die, then so be it. Seems like I have no choice at all. And so you, mon-keigh. We are all slaves of some greater power, though it is not always visible at a first glance.", he stated, at this point feeling a bit reprieved.

"And, believe me, our mistress is not of the Eldar. Dare not to ask how did I know."

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2009, 13:05 »

"Well, she doesn't have those ridiculous ears, for starters," Halsted pointed out, in a matter-of-fact voice.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24