DoomRL > Modding

Questions about DoomRL's engine and stuff you can do with it

<< < (2/7) > >>

Aki:
Could some light be shed on Monster Inventories, Monsters equipping items, ect?

Kornel Kisielewicz:

--- Quote from: ntc on August 31, 2009, 18:54 ---Aww, Thomas you beat me! I was gonna start a topic similar to this one...

Well, ive been interested in modding DoomRL and ive been wondering: is it possible to change the size of the maps that the RNG makes? (From 80x20 to say 150x80) And if you can, could you scroll the map as the player moves around it?

--- End quote ---
The DoomRL 1 engine has been designed from ground up with this in mind, so nothing will change in this regard.

Melon:

--- Quote from: Kornel Kisielewicz on September 01, 2009, 05:10 ---
--- Quote from: ntc on August 31, 2009, 18:54 ---Aww, Thomas you beat me! I was gonna start a topic similar to this one...

Well, ive been interested in modding DoomRL and ive been wondering: is it possible to change the size of the maps that the RNG makes? (From 80x20 to say 150x80) And if you can, could you scroll the map as the player moves around it?

--- End quote ---
The DoomRL 1 engine has been designed from ground up with this in mind, so nothing will change in this regard.

--- End quote ---

DoomRL 1 engine? When are we going to have DoomRL 3D? [;

Kornel Kisielewicz:

--- Quote from: Melon on September 01, 2009, 07:02 ---
--- Quote from: Kornel Kisielewicz on September 01, 2009, 05:10 ---The DoomRL 1 engine has been designed from ground up with this in mind, so nothing will change in this regard.

--- End quote ---
DoomRL 1 engine? When are we going to have DoomRL 3D? [;

--- End quote ---
As history shows, you'll have to wait some time for DoomRL 2 beforehand. And after DoomRL 3D's success you'll have to wait for DoomRL Forever... well ... Forever ;).

ntc:
Another question: is there any feature along the lines of prefabs? What i mean is can you load part of a level from a file (or something else) and randomly generate the rest of the level?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version