Chaosforge Forum

• April 18, 2024, 20:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24

Author Topic: MRS Morey - PBF  (Read 109101 times)

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
Re: MRS Morey - PBF
« Reply #240 on: February 07, 2010, 07:16 »

"Distress beacon?" Bob scratched his head in thought. "There should be one, but they tend to have a rather limited range... with this being the only colony in the system, a wide-area beacon would've been a wasted expense."

"As far as getting out of here is concerned, well... I imagine security has a few rovers in their motor pool, possibly an atmospheric flyer or a low-orbit shuttle as well. But there's not a lot else out there, you know? This really *is* the only colony around here. No, our best option would be to wait for the regular transit carrier and get them to give us a ride out. I might have lost track of time a little, but one should be due soon. Of course we'll need to disable the automated defences, or get into comms to clear them for the security grid, or they'll be turned into a falling fireball quicker than you can say "Guy Fawkes". But you three seem the resourceful types, I've no doubt you could pull it off," the civilian said with a big, reassuring smile.

The smile faded rather quickly when he realised something, looking at you. "Uhm... hold that thought. How did you say you came to be here, again?"
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 07, 2010, 07:54 »

'Guy Fawkes' said Shioban thoughtfully. 'Well that's pretty quick.'

Again, she looked down at the surveillance screens.

'So, to sum up. We are trapped in a remote base, with no mean of getting out on our own, with transport that may or may not arrive and security grid that shot down our ship, and a few more, as far as I can remember. And I am not a sclerotic. Well, that just... magnificent.'
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 07, 2010, 08:50 »

- You forgot the part where we get eaten by mutants, aliens or whatever they are - Hagazi reminded - As for how we came here - to put it simply we were on a ship that got shot down by the very same defense grid you mentioned. No other survivors.
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 07, 2010, 08:57 »

The man suddenly looked like he was about to be sick. "Shot you down..." he muttered. "How long ago was this again? Just... just your shuttle, or did the whole carrier get wasted?"
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 07, 2010, 09:07 »

- Several hours ago, not sure how much - we didn't really have means of tracking time. And it was a whole carrier I'm afraid.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 07, 2010, 09:16 »

Shioban again reached for her pipe, filled it with tobacco and lit up.

'Well, we can scratch the transport not arriving from the possible mishaps list. It keeps getting better and better, does not it?'

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 07, 2010, 09:43 »

"Oh, you have no idea, girl..." the man groaned, leaning forward and hiding his face in his hands. "Those things come once per month at best, if they don't get waylaid somewhere. This... oh, damnit, we're pretty much fucked, aren't we."

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 07, 2010, 15:44 »

"Nope, it's just... great !", responded Vince. "How can't you see it ?"
The grim smile of his was indeed unsettling to watch.
"Pretty much fucked... Pretty not enough said to describe it. We just got fucking raped by some twisted bitch of fate. And it was not nice and gentle, at all."

"This does mean, ladies and gentlemen, we are free to see our rooms and have a walkabout around the whole place. Witness the dining room, check the toilets, check if beds are comfortable and where is the nearest gym. Those are going to be the most freakish holidays we've ever had.", he finished with a sigh.
"Me, I am going to take down as much of 'em as I can. They will have it as much as it takes to make'em vomit. We are going to die, why don't we have some fun ?"

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 07, 2010, 15:57 »

'Go rape yourself, instead of blathering about fate, Doc' growled Shioban, seemingly angered by his comments. 'And cut this we're all going to die crap, will you? For your personal information... I am planning to live through it, even if it would involve holding this fucking room for a year!' she nearly yelled.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 08, 2010, 00:47 »

"Yo, calm down, seems I am not the one in need for a rape in this spot.", without a sign of anger Doc responded, stepping back. "Just face it. Those critters are much too numerous."

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 08, 2010, 17:23 »

- I got one question for you doctor: Are. You. Dead. Already? - Hagazi asked, and then continued not giving Vincent time to respond - 'Cause if you're not then shut up, straighten up and start preparing for a fight. You and you too... - his finger pointed at Doc and then moved to Shioban - ...you're both supposed to be marines, so start acting the part - if you'd get sent as a part of regular unit to fight, would you get to break down and cry if the enemy was stronger? Hell no! As long as we still breathe it means these sonuvabitches, whoatever they are didn't get us, as long as we can move our arms, we can defend ourselves, and as long as we *don't give up* there still might be a chance to get off of this forsaken planet.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 17:26 by Malek Deneith »

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 11, 2010, 14:23 »

Bob, who'd been sitting quietly for a little while now, spoke up, clearing his throat.

"Would this be a good time to point out that we might potentially have at our disposal a lab full of experimental weaponry, food to last a whole colony for several months, and at least a month to get the technical matters sorted out for the arrival of the next carrier?" he said. "I mean... You people are marines, aren't you? According to all the promo vids about you, this kind of stuff should be your daily bread and all. Come on, with my knowledge of the colony and your guns, I'm sure it won't be too bad..."

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 14, 2010, 09:32 »

'Quite a speech, lieutenant admitted Shioban. Then, she turned towards the civilian. 'So, where do we turn off the defence grid? Also, you mentioned 'experimental weaponry', right?'

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 14, 2010, 11:25 »

"Security tower control room, and... security tower labs, and maybe one of the workshops in engineering," Bob replied with a shrug.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 14, 2010, 14:34 »

Not responding to Hagezi's empassioned speech (the only reaction was a mocking smile on his lips and a cold stare, like he wanted to say "Not dead... YET."), Doc started whistling silently. It sounded kinda like "Smoke On The Water". Whistling, yet Doctor wouldn't admit it directly, really helped him in getting rid of distress.

After a while, he spoke.
"So, our next stop is... ?", he asked, hanging his voice, awaiting for a response.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24