Chaosforge Forum

• April 23, 2024, 01:48
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24

Author Topic: MRS Morey - PBF  (Read 109251 times)

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Re: MRS Morey - PBF
« Reply #255 on: February 18, 2010, 14:47 »

- I say, security tower - we can gear up and turn off the defense grid in one go. - Hagazi suggested
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 18, 2010, 14:58 »

"Ah, there might be the small matter of security access..." Bob spoke up. "I doubt they left those areas unlocked, and unless you've got a lot of breaching charges, we might be better off finding a key or the access clearance of someone high up, like chief of security or the colony admin..."
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 18, 2010, 15:15 »

'Then we should try to find it, should not we?' asked Shioban, standing up. 'Then' she added 'after we have disabled the security grid and armed ourselves properly, we could return here, barricade ourselves in some safe room with lot's of supplies and just wait until the carrier arrives, right?'

'Hold it' she added suddenly. 'Something does not add up here... Tell me- those things appear to be little more than animals. They certainly would not be able to change IFF setting of military defence grid. A human must have done it. But who? For what? Something is terribly wrong here, even worse than I thought...'
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 15:09 by Gargulec »
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 19, 2010, 16:18 »

Bob sighed quietly. "Let me put it this way. Power outage. Comms offline. No means or staff to receive an IFF ID from an approaching ship. Automated grid on separate power supply. Stuff goes boom. Anyway, I'm pretty sure anyone that survived the massacre in the security and civilian towers would have better things on their minds than mucking about with their only way of getting off this rock..."
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 21, 2010, 03:25 »

Doc exhaled the smoke as the cigarette was shortening slowly. The acrid smell of burning 'backo spread all over the room. The fog was so dense that the only thing left visible of Vic's was the red, fiery point at the end of a cig.
"I suppose you, gentleman, are willing rather to stay here sitting on your... say, chair... than to have a little walk around that charming place, eh ?", he asked Bob, then looked towards Hagezi, as if waiting for the Lieutenant's decision.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 24, 2010, 16:57 »

"Stay here?" Bob asked, then quickly shook his head. "And be locked in the next time the power goes for God knows how long? No thanks. Besides, you've got all the food supplies. I figure I'm better off with you, and I might be able to help you out along the way."

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 25, 2010, 03:13 »

"Are you armed or else ? Those things are up to rip you to shreds in a blink of an eye ! And taking care of our own asses causes enough problems right now, so it'd be difficult to be on a lookout for a harmless civilian. Got it ? No, that damned fusion cutter of yours wouldn't be appropriate.", drawled Doc. "You better stay here. We'll spare you some ration packs... And since you've got basic clearances, you could help us in gaining access to places we'll visit. Also, with those cameras over there you could warn us about those freakish things closing in. I suppose we shall return for ya if need arises. Am I right ?", he asked, exhaling the smoke. The cigarette was almost over, so Doc dropped it on the ground, then extinguished it with a stomp of his heavy boot.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 25, 2010, 13:09 »

"I am armed, yes, and I know my way around a gun, don't worry about that," Bob replied, standing up. "Besides, I think someone said something about going to get more weapons and supplies, I don't see why *I* should be left out on that. At any rate, I am *not* staying in here. You'll probably need my expertise out there more than in here anyway."

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 25, 2010, 13:32 »

- Hmm, interesting problem we have here. On one hand I can understand why Mr. Smith would prefer to go with us. On the other hand Doc has a point that having someone controlling. That's probably a stupid question but I suppose there is no way of re-routing control of cameras to allow portable, or at least remote access, is there?

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 25, 2010, 13:37 »

"Not to one of these, no," Bob said, holding up his PDA. "Although I'm pretty sure a few of the top staff, supervisors and the like, had portable terminals that probably could pull off something of the sort. If we could get a hold of one, it'd make a world of difference, I'd wager."

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 25, 2010, 13:41 »

- Well I don't see how trying to hold Mr. Smith in this room against his will would do us any good, so it seems he's coming with us. Let's add getting one of these portable terminals to our "to do" list, preferably somwhere near top, figure out where we have best chances of obtaining security clearance cards and move out then.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 25, 2010, 14:11 »

"You're the boss.", sighed Vince, shaking his head slowly.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 01, 2010, 15:05 »

"Uhm... well, as I said, high clearance would probably be easiest to get from the colony admin, chief of security, or perhaps the lab supervisor. Portable terminals, well... they've probably got those in their offices or personal quarters," Bob explained, getting up and starting to gather up his possessions. "That means, erm... well, looking for the security chief among the corpses in the security tower, or, ah..." the man seemed to turn green a little at what he was about to suggest, "...or a visit to the civilian tower and the quarters there. The, ah, admin's suite should at least be easier to find..."

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 11, 2010, 12:51 »

- So anyone has anything more to add? If not then let's finish eating and move on... I'd say civilian tower will be better first choice

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 25, 2010, 07:47 »

Chapter 3: Charnel House

Time since arrival: 9 hours

Leaving behind the cramped monitoring station as soon as your new companion collected up all his gear, sharing out the collected food supplies between the whole group to ease carrying them, you began making your way to the civilian tower. Navigating the tower's corridors wasn't at all difficult - they were clearly marked, after all, and so finding the connecting bridge to the civilian tower was no challenge. It was far wider than any of the other bridges you'd come across before, definitely designed to handle a lot of traffic. It looked structurally sound and was quite clean, save the few personal items and carts left around, presumably during the alert.

The air, however... even with the air recyclers working at full power once again, you could still clearly pick up the smell of death and rot coming from the other end of the long span.

You didn't get much time to ponder it, however, as a high-pitched noise that made your ears ring suddenly could be heard from across the bridge. The other end of the connector was a bit far to make out clearly, but you could definitely see some sort of movement there...
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24