Chaosforge Forum

• April 17, 2024, 22:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24

Author Topic: MRS Morey - PBF  (Read 109055 times)

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
Re: MRS Morey - PBF
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2009, 10:19 »

Van Silharrius coughed, breathing gasoline and molten steel.
"No survivors at all. And, I guess, we wouldn't risk coming inside. Much too hot for me. And, eh, see that lazer marks ? Seems like we've got shot, and those there as well - but nobody came to take prisoners... Or eradicate any lucky ones who didn't die on impact. I think we should check it - in fact..." - Vince looked at smoking shuttles' remnants. -"...it can be our only way back. I think it should be a hangar over there."

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2009, 12:40 »

'Hangar?' Shioban snorted. 'I assume that you know how to operate space vessel. No? Too bad. Then I would rather hope for a distress beacon.'

She paused for a while and turned towards colony, observing it for any signs of danger.

'Anyway, we need to get there first. The breach seems to be most obvious entrance, so I would rather avoid it at all costs. There is bound to be some sort of alternative way in, after all.'

With faint smile, she added 'You guys know how to watch one back, right? For this is a skill that will be called for a lot, I fear.'
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2009, 12:59 »

"I wouldn't survive a year in US Corps without it.", said Vincent, smiling and quite suprised. "Soo... Let's keep the pace maybe ? The faster we'll get inside, the sooner somebody sends for us.", he advised, still coughing from time to time. His lungs weren't at top condition already.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2009, 16:14 »

- Let's get going then *cough* I don't like that smoke either - Hagazi coughed once more and started marching towards the colony - As for searching for alternative netry point - it won't hurt, but let's not overdo it - if we don't find anything else near we should use what we can, who knows how long that wall is going. Also taking a glance on that shuttle that broke the wall shouldn't hurt, regardless of which way we end up coming in - at least that one isn't on fire... yet.
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2009, 16:17 »

'-Lead the way... sir.' Once again, smile appeared on Shioban face, as she chuckled. 'It was hard not to notice all those distinctions on your jacket, lieutenant'

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2009, 16:24 »

- Bah, don't "sir" me, these are for show mostly - makes impression on lesser officials, but the truth is that it was good sixteen years since I quit... not that I were slacking off in the meantime mind you, but still... - Hagazi coughed one more time as they left the smoke - Besides, that rank of mine ain't with the marines...

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2009, 16:31 »

Shioban chuckled again '-Indeed, you can't be marine. Marines at your age are either quit, captains and above or corpses.' She smiled one more time, and quickly became much more serious. '-Anyway, it about time to get going. You will lead, doc will take rearguard, 'kay? You guys have proper weapons, after all.'

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2009, 16:41 »

Because of the detour to the crash site, the march towards the colony took a bit under an hour itself - enough for the sun to begin to set, lengthening what few shadows were around. Situated on a flat plain as it was, most of said shadows were from the colony itself, and the occasional small hill, rock or shallow hole in the ground. Actually, the shallow holes only began a few hundred metres off from the colony wall, and were rather worryingly evenly spaced. The trench carved out by the shuttle on approach started a short distance to your right.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2009, 16:53 »

- HOLD IT! - Hagazi suddenly stopped in his tracks and gestured the others to stop - See these spots of shadow, there near the wall? I think they're bad news... watch it... - he took a quick glance around the ground, picked up a medium-sized rock and threw it with all his might into one of the shadow-spots.

The result was a loud explosion accompanied by rising of a cloud of dust - and shrapnels from the place.

- Ayup mines, bad news alright... don't know about you, but I'm taking the route that shuttle cleared... - he commented as small rocks thrown by the explosion showered their location

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2009, 16:59 »

'-Right behind you.' Shioban remained calm, though she cursed heavily. 'Should have noticed that... Damm.'

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2009, 05:10 »

"Whew, t'was close. You lead then, Hagazi.", he said with a sigh, aware and looking around, hoping not to spot any more "suprises". "God, I'm getting to hate this. I suppose it's not the only clockwork for unwelcome guests - and it doesn't seem we are welcome here at all..."

"So, boss, where did ya serve ?", Doc asked, while they were reaching for a hole and another wreck.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2009, 06:35 »

The shallow trench carved out by the crashed shuttle seemed a convenient enough path to the perimeter wall. Judging by the occasional blast crater in the side of the trench, the shuttle had already taken out any mines along the way. Or so you hoped.

You didn't step on any approaching the shuttle, at least, so that part was a success. Approaching the shuttle, you could see that, at least from outside, it was mostly intact, not counting heavy damage to a wing - one maneuvering flap was entirely gone. By the look of things, its impact with the wall had crushed the pilot's cabin as well, but at least the wall was a bit worse for the wear as well. Instead of a steep, smooth surface, it was now missing a good-sized chunk and had quite a few cracks running up the damaged segment. It was still some 12 metres tall, but at least with all the damage, it should be possible to climb it.

As for the shuttle's rear hatch, it was still closed, though the panel on the side still seemed to have power.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2009, 07:00 »

Shioban raised her hand, giving Hagezi and doc universal 'Hold' sign.

'Let me handle it. I want to check what is inside that shuttle'' she whispered, and very slowly and carefully approached the hatch. Then, sticking close to bulkhead at the panel side, she upholstered  pistol and pushed 'OPEN' button.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2009, 07:09 »

There was the hiss of hydraulics as the hatch opened a bit, stalled, and then dropped the rest of the way with a clang as the internal machinery gave out, letting loose rocks and soil tumble out. The reason there was loose soil and rocks is because... well, most of the shuttle's underside was missing, and as it carved out its trench, it apparently scooped up quite a bit of earth along the way. Judging by the jagged edges of the hole in the floor, this at least wasn't the work of energy weapons. The lack of floor also meant that there was a noticeable lack of sleeping pods, just a few left-over cables and wires dangling sadly from the walls. Whatever took out the floor also seemed to jar open some of the overhead storage compartments, though deeper in you could make out a large container hanging from ceiling webbing. A few other such harnesses were present, but torn, their cargo apparently lost on the way down.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2009, 07:16 »

Vince crouched, sweeping the environment, while Shioban was investigating the crashed shuttle.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24