Chaosforge Forum

• April 18, 2024, 15:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: More improvements to core gameplay rather than peripheral features?  (Read 1834 times)

Journey

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile

I'm glad there's a lot of new features to look forward to, such as more uniques, badges, a new rank system, and such, but perhaps more development could be done on more enemy variety, level layouts, and such?  Although I suppose if the game's supposed to stay faithful to the source material perhaps not that much remains to be added.

Thomas

• DoomRL Wiki and Testing Ops
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Major General
  • How's it going?
    • View Profile

I'm glad there's a lot of new features to look forward to, such as more uniques, badges, a new rank system, and such, but perhaps more development could be done on more enemy variety, level layouts, and such?  Although I suppose if the game's supposed to stay faithful to the source material perhaps not that much remains to be added.

I think the point of 0.9.9 was just to add the features that "completed" 0.9.8.10. Once the 0.9.9 line of versions starts, Kornel will probably add more radical changes to the game again and spend the road to 1.0 "completing" them.

Kornel has told me that he's already planning to improve monster AI for 0.9.9.1, and is considering my exotic weapons idea. I'm not sure about new level types and the like, but I can see him making another one or two.

Arch-Vile Chaos Major Thomas
[26/26/26/25/9/1]
Medals: 35/43 Specials: 69/67 Assemblies: 36/40

Aki

• Marketing/PR and Wiki Ops
  • Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile

Remember that 9.8.x has been around for several years...Better to polish off what you've got and work from the ground up after, like what Thomas said.

And then there's user mods.
[0.9.9.7]
Badges: [22/17/15/10/4/0]
Pages: [1]