Chaosforge Forum

• March 29, 2024, 05:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Globe bug?  (Read 3801 times)

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Globe bug?
« on: October 25, 2009, 04:35 »

I've just notices Former Humans that find Small Health Globes will use them, regardless of their health level.

Bug, or feature?
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

UnderAPaleGreySky

• Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Chaos Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Globe bug?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 04:45 »

I've never seen this happen before, but I don't see why they wouldn't. After all, they use medipacks and phases.
Under a pale grey sky, we shall arise.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 04:53 »

The point for me was more that they do this before they're hurt. If you get a Computer Map, the spheres just start dissapearing, except Berserk, as they can't use 'em, I would think.
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

AStranger

• First Lieutenant
  • Cyberdemon Blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 05:24 »

Could it be off screen explosions destroying the globes? As far as I can tell globes stick around until I pick them up, but my memory isn't so great about remembering the globes in the first place.
[24|23|20|18|13] v.0.9.9.3
[17|10|8|5|2] v.0.9.9.2
[15|11|10|6|3] v.0.9.9.1
[18|17|14|10|6] v.0.9.9

UnderAPaleGreySky

• Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Chaos Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 06:56 »

Could it be off screen explosions destroying the globes? As far as I can tell globes stick around until I pick them up, but my memory isn't so great about remembering the globes in the first place.
Yeah, sure, why not? I mean, aside from a message popping up and stopping you from doing anything, that makes perfect sense!

The point for me was more that they do this before they're hurt. If you get a Computer Map, the spheres just start dissapearing, except Berserk, as they can't use 'em, I would think.
Really? I've never seen this happen before. Maybe you're really unlucky? Something you might have done to piss off the RNG? :P

AStranger

• First Lieutenant
  • Cyberdemon Blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 09:57 »

Yeah, sure, why not? I mean, aside from a message popping up and stopping you from doing anything, that makes perfect sense!
Except that it doesn't. I'm not sure what exactly you are trying to say, but my point is the only way I've ever seen a globe disappear is either an explosion (rocket, Baron of Hell, etc..) or me picking it. I'm not saying mobs can't use them, I've just never seen it. As for the message you speak of, I have no idea what you are talking about. At no point did my example mention anything about a message.
[17|10|8|5|2] v.0.9.9.2
[15|11|10|6|3] v.0.9.9.1
[18|17|14|10|6] v.0.9.9

Aki

• Marketing/PR and Wiki Ops
  • Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 12:03 »

It's gotta be an out-of-sight explosion.

If there's no explosion and you happen to lose sight of it with the Computer Map activated, maybe it's just some weird glitch about positioning?
[0.9.9.7]
Badges: [22/17/15/10/4/0]

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 14:13 »

I wish I had taken a screen shot. This was a maze level. There was a globe at the end of a one way tunnel. I started walking towards it, and two squares before it came into sight range it disappeared, and lo and behold! A former human was one step beside where it had been. Either there was a mini-explosion, or he picked it up.

I used that as the basis for watching the rest of the globes on the map slowly wink away, hence my semi-conclusion.

UnderAPaleGreySky

• Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Chaos Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 21:39 »

AStranger: As you said, an off-screen explosion. When a barrel explodes off screen, a message appears saying "You hear an explosion", which is the message I was talking about.

AStranger

• First Lieutenant
  • Cyberdemon Blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 08:47 »

AStranger: As you said, an off-screen explosion. When a barrel explodes off screen, a message appears saying "You hear an explosion", which is the message I was talking about.

Ohhh... that message. Some how I failed to make that connection, probably an indication I should actually read messages (yet I learned this lesson dying on the plane of air in Nethack, always read the messages). Either way I'm out of ideas on the missing globe.
[17|10|8|5|2] v.0.9.9.2
[15|11|10|6|3] v.0.9.9.1
[18|17|14|10|6] v.0.9.9

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 04:49 »

The main reason this disturbed me is that I've seen Baron's of Hell wearing Red Armor. And I got a mental image of a Supercharge. A Baron of Hell with 200% health, Red Armor, and a Large Health Pack.

UnderAPaleGreySky

• Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Chaos Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2009, 05:03 »

Oh shit....
Pages: [1]