Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 10:19
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Gold Angel of Pacifism Completion Not Given For Failed Attempt at Full Win:  (Read 3802 times)

So_1337

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • Hell Baron Major
    • View Profile

Greetings! Long time player, first time poster, heh.

I just finished an Angel of Pacifism game where I was lucky enough to find an Invulnerability Globe next to the stairs on Phobos Hell 9. I grabbed it, dropped down the steps, and nuked the Cybie. This revealed the steps to John Carmack (a first for me), and then I was stuck with no way to beat him. But that's fine, I was just happy to see him finally =)

The possible bug comes in the fact that even though I beat the Cybie, I wasn't awarded with the gold badge for completing Angel of Pacifism. If this is intended (because I attempted a full win rather than settling for a standard), then this can be locked/deleted/ignored. If, however, I should've been given credit, then it seems this would be a valid bug.

Thanks for any reply or consideration that can be given to this. It's really a non-issue, as I have a ton of fun playing Pacifist, and I'm sure I'll wind up doing it again just for fun. Great game, keep it up!

(Mortem attached, but not really necessary, I don't think.)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 16:51 by So_1337 »
You need to taste blood!
[24|16|9|1|0]

AStranger

• First Lieutenant
  • Cyberdemon Blade
    • View Profile

I wonder why this was changed. In 0.9.8.10 I was able to get a standard pacifism win the time I made it to JC (almost dead when I died), but from what I've heard it doesn't work in 0.9.9. I don't think it's been addressed yet though.
[24|23|20|18|13] v.0.9.9.3
[17|10|8|5|2] v.0.9.9.2
[15|11|10|6|3] v.0.9.9.1
[18|17|14|10|6] v.0.9.9

UnderAPaleGreySky

• Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Chaos Lurker
    • View Profile

Jarkko brought this up a little while back. I think (not too sure if I remember this correctly) that dying to JC results in a Partial Win, and to get the badge for winning any given challenge requires a Standard Win or Full Win.
Under a pale grey sky, we shall arise.

AStranger

• First Lieutenant
  • Cyberdemon Blade
    • View Profile

Jarkko brought this up a little while back. I think (not too sure if I remember this correctly) that dying to JC results in a Partial Win, and to get the badge for winning any given challenge requires a Standard Win or Full Win.
I think you are right about dying to JC, but in terms of badges (at least for pacifism) I know getting a partial win via nuking cybie and dying does get you a badge. I posted my diamond pacifism run in the Nightmare! board, it's still pretty recent. It only counted as a partial win, but it's my one diamond badge.
[24|23|20|18|13] v.0.9.9.3
[17|10|8|5|2] v.0.9.9.2
[15|11|10|6|3] v.0.9.9.1
[18|17|14|10|6] v.0.9.9

So_1337

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • Hell Baron Major
    • View Profile

Very interesting, thank you for the replies.

I looked into this further, and I wasn't even credited with a partial win. I have 4 standard wins (from previous games) and 0 partial or full wins.

More than that, looking at the "Player Info (Challenges)" screen, I no longer even have "none" next to the progress for Angel of Pacifism on the difficulty I was playing. It's just completely blank. I knew I should've just been content with the Cybie kill, but I'd never had things come together like that before. Oh well!

It sounds like you had a similar game, AStranger, and still got the partial win and badge, but on a different difficulty. This might only be an issue with HNTR, then.

Not a hugely important bug, but I figured I ought to report it nonetheless.

EDIT: Okay, just found the thread you guys were talking about. I had looked around to make sure I wasn't duplicating a bug report, sorry I didn't read that full thread to see it mentioned.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 05:42 by So_1337 »
You need to taste blood!
[24|16|9|1|0]

UnderAPaleGreySky

• Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Chaos Lurker
    • View Profile

No worries. We do what we can in order to help the new posters :P (Although, entering my 21st day registered, that includes me :D)

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile

Admittably this topic confuses me a bit (I get the general idea but UGH...) - waiting for Kornel to decide should this one go to bugtracker or not.
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/

Not a bug. Full win is a gamble -- either you take it all, or loose it all...
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

UnderAPaleGreySky

• Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Chaos Lurker
    • View Profile

Like double or nothing poker ^^

Back on topic: Full win always has been, hasn't it?

So_1337

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • Hell Baron Major
    • View Profile

Thanks or the clarification, and sorry to post a "feature" rather than a bug. Ah well, I'm 1 for 2, then! Great work, sir.
You need to taste blood!
[24|16|9|1|0]

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile

Not a bug then, locking ;)
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1]