Chaosforge Forum

• March 29, 2024, 01:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: New enemies  (Read 40849 times)

Fanta Hege

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Will it work? I HAVE NO IDEA
    • View Profile
Re: New enemies
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2009, 09:38 »

Ideas eh?

Former Technician.
'Intresting enough, this guy doesn't seem to want to directly fight you, but instead anoy you otherwise by looting stuff before you get them"
Picture; 'h'
Weapon; Combat Dislocator (does not drop when dead, however any remaining ammo drops).
Armor; 3, can wear additional ammo, so watchout!
HP; 10
Speed; 90%
Special; Picks up any item it will see even mods and junk, thus you can lure them.
Inventory; 20x powercell.

Tormented Spirit
'Bitter beeing that doesn't want to do anything else then share their pain.'
Picture; 't'
Weapon; 3d4 meelee
Armor; 1
HP; 60
Speed; 130%
Special; Recoils 10% of damage back to the player when hurt.

Guard Drone

Picture; G
'Metallic dead machine ensurance for precious items'
Weapon; Low power Railgun shots (4d4?), extreem precaution recommended.
Armor; 5
Hp; 55
Speed; 115%
Special; Only spawns inside large vaults, usualy with cacodemons, maybe Ao100 only aswell.
i dont even know anymore

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
  • Men are from Mars, Women are from Snickers
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2009, 14:23 »

Xavier had enough. For the past two days, he was trying to survive through this hell. He didn't have time to eat or to drink. Well, even if he did found anything edible he wouldn't try it. Maybe the food was poisoned or toxic and turned everyone into mindless zombies? He didn't have any technical equipment to analyse food or air surrounding him. All the computers went crazy, even simple terminals didn't work. Not knowing why, he was getting deeper and deeper into the complex, hoping to find the answer. Although he was so scared that his hair turned white because of the horrors he had seen, he knew the answer lied somewhere beneath. He could have escaped using the emergency shuttle, but something was luring him...

His first day was shit. That's all you can tell. His first day as a security officer was a shit. Before he went out from the locker room to meet his new co-workers, he checked if he had everything with him.

Glock 119
Damage: 2d4(semi-auto) 3d2x3(full-auto)
Damage type: Physical
Accuracy: +6
Base fire time: 0.8 sec (semi-auto) 0.9 sec (full-auto)
Base reload time: 1 sec
Clip size: 15
Ammunition: 10mm ammo
Alternate fire: Full-auto shot
Alternate reload: Only if you have dualgunner
Appearance: {
Comments: Standard firearm of security officers. It provides the possibility to quickly switch between full-auto and semi-auto firing modes. It is highly accurate and quite fast and reliable. It doesn't need any extra aiming, since the gun is pretty light and required to use in immediate situations.

Taser
Damage: 8d1 Stuns enemy for d4 seconds (lesser than hell knight)
Damage type: Physical
Accuracy: +3
Base fire time: 1 sec
Base reload time: 1 sec
Clip size: 20
Ammunition: Power cells
Alternate fire: Aimed-shot
Alternate reload: Overcharges the taser. It deals 2d(X/2) damage (X is the number of cells in taser), but afterwards the taser is destroyed. Such attack also stuns the enemy.
Appearance: {
Comments: Standard firearm of security officers. It is used to stun/paralyse any threats... Weapon is supposed to be harmless, but it call deal sometimes the significant amount of damage, especially when overloaded

Riot shield
Protection: 1
Move speed: -20%
Knockback: -10%
Appearance: ]
Comments: A very useful tool in skillfull hands. It must be equiped as an alternate weapon. Can only be used with pistols, otherwise the game just ignores it. When equiped, it provides +1 protection. If you are attacked with conventional weapon, all the damage goes to the riot shield and tears it down a little. However, plasma/explosion/magical attacks deal half of the damage to you, half to the shield

Xavier checked the junk he was carrying by the book. He stood up and went to the door. Outside, they were already waiting for him, John and Sanchez.

Former security officer
Appearance h
Health: 15
Armour: +1
Accuracy: +2
Damage: The same as Glock but halved
Speed: 80%
Inventory: Glock, taser, riot shield + ammo. What they have is quite random.
Comments: Specialized in disarming and controlling riots, they were sent to UAC base to provide basic protection for the civilians.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 05:00 by Melon »
Ludzie, którzy piją, są dla mnie niczym...

... niczym bracia!

mikee

• Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2009, 20:53 »

former human janitor

"All of those barrels had to come from somewhere... once in charge of disposing of the base's waste products, this zombie goes mindlessly about its task.  Here it comes with its cart!"

Has no attacks but occasionally drops barrels of fuel/gas/napalm, depending on difficulty.  Explodes when hit by anything except melee.
Arch-Vile General (0.9.9.4)
[21/18/19/13/6]

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2009, 00:55 »

Uh I dunno if anyone has said this before, but what about Spectres?  You know, those half-visible demon like things that you can sort of see or something?  They can share the same stats as demons, but will reduce accuracy from ranged weapons; you can only detect them when they are very close, say one or two tiles away.

On another note, maybe we can have partial invisibility power ups that mimic the same effect, like reducing outright the accuracy of any ranged weapon?
I computed, therefore I was.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2009, 03:29 »

I think you'll find the sixth post has a little something to say about Spectres.
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

UnderAPaleGreySky

• Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Chaos Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2009, 04:39 »

Spectres.. the long demanded monster for DoomRL :P
Under a pale grey sky, we shall arise.

X-Heiko

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2009, 08:19 »

The only type of weapon not carried by a former human would be a rocket launcher. A former AT Soldier, so to speak. Only that he would have to be really slow in order not to be overpowered. I think a "not a great danger but could become one if not shot quickly" type monster would fit in, although you do find enough rocket launchers...

Maybe a mutant that spits acid and leaves an acid trail?

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2009, 08:55 »

I think you'll find the sixth post has a little something to say about Spectres.
Ah ha.  Read it -- interesting.  Thanks for the reference!  (=
I computed, therefore I was.

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2009, 00:53 »

The only type of weapon not carried by a former human would be a rocket launcher. A former AT Soldier, so to speak. Only that he would have to be really slow in order not to be overpowered. I think a "not a great danger but could become one if not shot quickly" type monster would fit in, although you do find enough rocket launchers...

Maybe a mutant that spits acid and leaves an acid trail?

I really like that acid blob type of monster. The question is whether it wouldn't be too cumbersome for the N! players, they will definitely slow the pace of the game.

... niczym bracia!

X-Heiko

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2009, 09:11 »

I really like that acid blob type of monster. The question is whether it wouldn't be too cumbersome for the N! players, they will definitely slow the pace of the game.

Would disabling the acid trail after their first kill fix that?

Frankosity

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2009, 10:23 »

Crossposting from the Unique Items thread sort of, but I've had an idea for a range of corrupted UAC security systems.

- CCTV: basically a stationary enemy that, if you spend too long in it's LOS, raises an alarm that leads all the enemies on the level to your position. It'd only have like 1 HP or something, so it wouldn't be a hassle to destroy by any means, but unwary or slow players could potentially get themselves into hot water.

Alternatively, setting of the alarm could actually summon some Formers to your position, the type determined by your level.

- Security Turret: another stationary enemy which has a weapon equivalent to a chaingun, but has more HP than a Former Captain and higher accuracy.

There could also be stronger variants on these once you get into Phobos Hell- CCTVs could be replaced by Observers, nasty little creatures that are functionally identical but summon demonic creatures instead, and the turrets could be replaced by a demonic plasma-throwing equivalent called an Obelisk or Corruptor or something.

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2009, 12:24 »

I love unique enemies, so uniquize(!) the turret
Trap Gun
Appearence:'.' \ 'T' before\after deployment;
Weapon:Plasma Gun;
Special: Invisible before pop-up, shows when player nears it in a :

range, then arms for 2 seconds, then fires like an ordinary plamagun;
Inventory: Plasmagun + 100 cells.

Cool!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 00:32 by ZZ »
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2009, 18:39 »

Would disabling the acid trail after their first kill fix that?
That is the question to the N! players [;

... niczym bracia!

The DoomRLguy

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2009, 14:31 »

Belphegor:
Appearance: B
Health 90
AO100 Miniboss, uses baron shots 3 times at once, 80 HP. Melee like baron, but buffed. Armor: 3
Exp 650
Stolen from Skulltag.

Spectres: See another thread. There's already one.

Spider Mastermind:
Appearance: A
Health 150 (3 quarters of cyberdemon, like in doom)
Fires like a former sergeant, but 4 times, like a chaingun.
Exp value 1200

Icon of sin:
Appearance: I
Health 300
Exp 2500
Attacks with baron shots occasionally, otherwise spawning monsters like JC does, but 1 at a time. Can't move.

Maulotaur
Appearance M
REALLY rare. AO100 only, lower levels only.
Health 150
Attacks with 5 fireballs maybe a bit stronger than imp, spread out a bit like mancubus. Hammer-smashes you in melee. Also can send fire along the ground, like a weaker rocket. Stolen from heretic for lolz.

Former general
Appearance h
Health 10
Easy to kill, but if you fail, you pay the penalty. And it's a big one. Kill him fast or bite his BFG!

Heresiarch:
Appearance H
Rarest enemy ever. AO100 only. Health 250. Attack with:
1."The heresiarch raises his arms into the air!"
2."The heresiarch's hands glow!"
3. Attack with either:
10 weak fireballs, slightly weaker than imp.
2 stronger fireballs, around damage of mancubus hit each.
Summon a hell knight.
Protective shield. Reflects all attacks back at user with -60% chance to hit. Minimum hit chance 10%. Reflected attack deal half damage. Has a 5% chance to wear out next turn, 10% the next, 15% the next, etc. After it wears out, his next 2 spells cannot be the shield.
Stolen from Hexen.

Self-upgrader (need better name)
Appearance h
Health 10
Attacks with pistol, but gradually gets deadlier, moving up through shotguns and up your keyboard to the BFG! Doesn't start growing in power until he sees you. As an upside though he will drop whatever weapon he would be using, so pwning him at the right moment could bag you a BFG.

These will need editing first, but i kept to the demon-type ones. Nothing too undoomy.Edit and discard at will! They are just ideas!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 12:46 by The DoomRLguy »
Unexpectedness is always a surprise.
Arch-Vile Marshal
[26|26|25|16|8|1]
JH: Major [10|9|7|1|0]

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2009, 07:37 »

[color=text color which you want]Your text[/color].

IOS(this will be better) and A are Doomish, the rest is just good.
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7